bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member

Exclamation can ur sperms not come back?

ok, wife's been naggin for a while on this one so i'll go ahead and put it out there. after watching that show "thirty days" the guys sperm count was nill at about two weeks of a mild dose of test. now his count returned to normal a couple weeks after he stopped the test. i assume that there is a chance with heavy-dosed prolonged use that your guys simply won't come back. any ideas on this? i know there is not an exact number of months that shuts you off but an idea would be helpful. also, is there anything that can start your guys up again? do you guys on HRT have healthy sperm counts?
    really confused on this one, still wanna have kids in five or so years so any advice would be appreciated.
    thnx

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbouncinballs
    the guys sperm count was nill at about two weeks of a mild dose of test. now his count returned to normal a couple weeks after he stopped the test.
    Thats the norm. I don't want to guarantee this though - nobody here should IMHO. Your best bet here is too keep your cycles within a reasonable length (time on=time off) and get your boys back to full production as soon as you come off. Sensible, reasonable and well planned-out use of AAS is your safest option. Don't get silly and go overboard with the gear and neglect the basics if you want to come out clean...

You could take a sperm count test before and inbetween your cycles to keep track of any noticable decline in their counts... the investment might help the wife sleep better this way.

There is plenty of literature in the endocrine journals and books about testosterone replacement therapy and it's use as a contraceptive...

BTW - clinically, high dose is anything over 300mg per week... which we might consider "mild" here...

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    i guess i should have added that i've been on for about nine months, prob stay on for a year.
    thnx warrior for your input

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    In my reading I have never read anyhwere that permanent sterility is a risk of prolonged AAS useage, just temporary. Interestingly test as a male birth conrol device works very well on Asians and not so good on caucasians and not really at all on blacks. Found that hard to believe, so the possibility of temporary sterility could be determined by your genetic makeup.
    Last edited by shortie; 10-26-2005 at 09:33 AM.

Montgomery is offline Associate Member
    at the end of your year long cycle, I'd take a few good hits of HCG (1000 to 1500 iu per shot) every week for 3 to 5 weeks, get on the clomid properly and you should be ok. Ask guys like pinnacle who I'm fairly certain have done cycles of this length before.

Montgomery

Quote Originally Posted by shortie
    In my reading I have never read anyhwere that permanent sterility is a risk of prolonged AAS useage, just temporary. Interestingly test as a male birth conrol device works very well on Asians and not so good on caucasians and not really at all on blacks. Found that hard to believe, so the possibility of temporary sterility could be determined by your genetic makeup.
    Thats eeeeenteresting - do you remember where you got that info?

Montgomery - I agree dude - HCG is good for use during long cycles to keep the testes awake at least...

This whole subject lately has me wanting to do some sperm counting - I think I'll guinea pig this one and go to a lab..

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbouncinballs
    is there anything that can start your guys up again?
    thnx
    Yeah, it's called proper PCT!
    Tell her you'll be fine.

M.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    This whole subject lately has me wanting to do some sperm counting - I think I'll guinea pig this one and go to a lab..
    Results are in - Fertility Tests during AAS use

Thread Information