powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~

Anybody used Test isobutyrate?

I am thinking it is a fast acting ester like prop, but not sure. Is it any better than prop? Prop definently seems to be more widely available.

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    i looked into brewing some isocaproate (slightly larger ester than iso butyrate) as you could get away with shots e3d & still remain reasonably dry - it's a component of sust.
    I personally think prop is the best test - sides are prolly no less than other tests, but are more controllable and treatment responses are quicker. you only have to shoot ED rather than 2 x a day (as with suspension) infact you can even get away with EOD.
    Also, since prop is a small ester, you get more test per gram compared to larger esters (eg Enanth, cyp etc) prop will be cheaper than isobutyrate & isocaproate prolly just because it is more common
    The other thing to bear in mind is that people can react differently to different esters - for example alot of people get a kind of allergic reaction to the phenylproprionate ester ( slightly larger than prop ) i haven't specifically heard about isobutyrate so you'd have to do a bit of research.
    The bottom line is prop is gonna be cheaper, more available & more predictable than any of the 'exotic' esters - although i'm all for a bit of experimentation so good luck.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    I just saw some amps containing only isobutylrate. I know there are some exotic esters only found in blends like sust and omna, but I am not a fan of blends.

Thread Information