Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    velvetlion is offline Banned
    I would hesitate in using the methadone. I no plenty of people who were very addicted to them.

And I think someone said that coming off of it with oxy's might be a good idea. I think they are nuts. I have seen guys get hooked on Oxy's in no time and the withdrawls from that are extremely severe because your body becomes extremely dependant on them. I don't think that it will be long before they take them off of the market completely.

Whatever way that you decide to come off, good luck, bro. As long as it is totally your choice, you will be able to do it. You owe it to yourself.

omnipotent is offline Banned
    i usually go for the cold turkey + motivation route .. it's not easy but if it means of not havin liver failure and other crap then . i think you should go for it .

goodluck with that dude .

usamm is offline Banned
    I have read on some sites that Oxy's are basically synthetic heroin, so that doesnt sound like a safe alternative to me. I'd have to side with velvetlion on that.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Milky87
    Goind back to the original post: Have you ever considered applying for methadone treatment? Or how about a detox?

There is a powerful psychedelic called ibogaine that can not only dulls withdrawal symptoms, but also blunts cravings. The problem is that it is both very expencive and very illegal. Also, the duration of the psychedelic experience goes on for two to three days and can be extremely exhausting
    Methadone treatment?? That would be idiocy IMO, its a lot stronger addiction itself.. methadone is really hard to kick.. Why change a similar addiction to a stronger one? As someone already mentioned here. They also tend to up the dosages so that heroin becomes pretty ineffective hence making ppl to stop buying H. Methadone is used to treat ppl with strong opiate addictions, vicodin users I dont think so. Ofcourse there can be extreme cases but still it wouldnt make sense. As for an athlete or some1 with your physique I would never suggest methadone (if u wanna keep on being big and strong). I myself was addicted to smack for 3 years back in the day and I have very many friends who never made it /kicked it. I have several rehab attempts etc and I think I know fairly much of this subject.. I also have many friends who are on methadone treatment right now and I think its like a final solution (not an ideal situation by no means)

lowstace is offline Banned
    dude vics back you up pretty bad

Quote Originally Posted by lowstace
    dude vics back you up pretty bad
    not nearly as bad as methadone. ofcourse this is dose dependant etc but still ..

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    After reading this thread it sickens me that the government does so much to stop things like anabolics when in reality the very drugs they prescribe are some of the worst out there. Pathetic.

stuball is offline Banned
    Methadone is nothing but legalized herion, Rockafella came up with the idea to keep herion addicts out of jail ( methadone clinics ) now ya got more people nodding off in the middle of the street legaly.. their are few choices detox than rehab if your serious you could be off the streets for over a month, hopefully the phyisical w/d is gone, but most people relapse, because they think they got everything under control, and their cured.... Sorry no cure !!!!!!!!!!

most ppl relapse? what do you mean? At least in here methadone patients are introduced to such high doses of methadone that heroin stops working. Most of em usually realpse sometime only to find out its pointless. They would need to buy extreme amounts for one high and it starts being pointess for them (pay like 500 bucks for a single high since their tolerance is so high). Most ppl stay on methadone for the rest of ther life (at least in here) and it is no sense a cure, you can ofcourse ween off that (it is hard though) but then you are again vulnerable for relapses etc.. I think methadone is a good last resort to ppl who cant afford their habit and do desperate things... I did personally use methadone to quit though.. It was very succesful too, I eased off from H to methadone (small doses) and then after some time moved to subutex and ever since that Ive been clean for like 4 years.. No desire to do drugs what so ever.. I can even do the recreational thing no problem. I know most ex junkies cant do this but I can.. ANyway my point is methadone has its uses and stuballs opinion is right in many senses but not in some ways. They get used to the doses they have and they dont "nod off" after a while, unless they take some other drugs on the sde.. I know many methadone patients who have gotten their life back thanks to M (its not great but beter thab it otherwise would be). They go to a job and lead a pretty normal life, they dont have the same drive as "normal ppl" but it still a lot better than the alternative.

muh161 is offline Junior Member

Catgrabber Must Read

Subutex or suboxone. IM going through this right now its a great program no detox center , been on for that 2 weeks for percocet and oxy problem, this is the best thing i have ever done , it does get better trust me check out this web address
    www.turntohelp.com
    this web site will let you search for a doc in your area insurance pays for it
    its not methodone it a agtogonis opiate drug read the info on the site

you do this program from home also, totally confidential
    any ??? im here for you bro stay strong good luck

CatGrabber is offline Member
    UPDATE: I made this post some time ago. Since then (roughly 1 month ago) I started Suboxone (the drug you just mentioned) and have completely beated the Vicodin. It really is a miracle drug. I STRONGLY recommend it to anyone in this situation. It COMPLETELY stopped my withdrawl almost instantly. It takes and cravings away. I did not think I would beat this drug. In fact, I was sure it was going to beat me. Im sure the war isnt won all the way but Im pretty sure im 95% there. Thanks to all of you who supported me before. Catgrabber

SS1476 is offline Senior Member
    Glad it worked out for you, Ive
    been following this thread.
    You can do it!

Good job brother!

Milky87 is offline Member
    naloxone is good stuff and a greatdiscovery. The best part is that due to its strong binding, even if you were to take a massive dose of an opiate, it would be totally ineffective

Im really glad for you mate, keep it up
    God bless

Coach L is offline New Member
    Very ironic.

I read through this entire post and came to the part where u got on Suboxone, and I knew you were going to be ok.

I was on Oxy's for three years. Was SOOO addicted both physially and mentally.

Met a doc at my school who prescribed me Suboxone and INSTANTLY RELIEF.

This is a miracle drug. It doesnt dope you out, and the Nalrexone (sp?) blocks opiate receptors, so even if you DID relapse, you wouldnt feel the drugs.

I have ben clean ever since, although I cant NOT take the Suboxone at this point. Suboxon is made from Buprenorphin, which IS an opiate. But you can function 100% without a problem.

This drug is a friggin miracle, and if it didnt save my life, it definately is the reason that I wass able to graduate with a 3.8 GPA!!!!

Thank you. I agree with everything but the fact you said Suboxone is an opiate. It isnt actually. I just took an opiate drug test I had at home and it came our 100% negative. I took my suboxone about 5 hourse ago. I forget the term nut it simulates an opiate at the molecular level.

You are correct, it is keeps you from even feeling a Vic even if you did relapse. Also, Suboxone is not addicting AT ALL. I didnt take my Sub for 24 hours and was great. Try that with Vics or Oxys'!!! Its NOT happening. Thank you for your post. Cat

actuaqlly subuxone is a funny drug.. it is an opiate but it also isnt. I dont know the direct translation but it acts as an opiate agonist and antagonist at the same time.. Its better than methadone in ur situation I completely agree but remember u also get addicted to them.. U might be ok for 24 hours but try 4 days... Quitting bubre is IMO harder than vicodins.. the withdrawals aint so severe but last for ages... If u do this right its a great way to wean off but I know MANY ppl who end up on it for good..If they quit subu then they go back into H. I mean u should keep lowering your dose and not do it for a long time, then u can come clean quite easily BUT if u r on too long be prepared to have a long road ahead of u - Im sure of this mate! If they quit that then they go back into H.

another note here: I have even more friends under bubrenorphin replacement treatments than methadone and all of them have followed this path: after a while they start to add benzos to the mix then they cannot feel the bubre ever so they start using speed + coke on weekends to get a buzz from somewhere else and in the long run they arent that much better. Im not saying this is gonna happen to you but I think u need to be very careful and realize the risks involved. I dont know your drug use history so well so that I dont know if I can compare u to them but these ppl are all straight up junkies.. so ur situation might differ a bit. be careful dude and good luck!

justtrnd40 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatGrabber
    Thank you. I agree with everything but the fact you said Suboxone is an opiate. It isnt actually. I just took an opiate drug test I had at home and it came our 100% negative. I took my suboxone about 5 hourse ago. I forget the term nut it simulates an opiate at the molecular level.

You are correct, it is keeps you from even feeling a Vic even if you did relapse. Also, Suboxone is not addicting AT ALL. I didnt take my Sub for 24 hours and was great. Try that with Vics or Oxys'!!! Its NOT happening. Thank you for your post. Cat
    suboxone is addicting. It has an extremely long half life and it is extremely potent. alot of people can go up to 48hrs before the real withdrawls kick in. Trust me I know. If you wean yourself down on the sub in a 2-3 week period you should be ok. You will still have withdrawls there is no way around it. If you stay on the sub over that period you will be addicted this I know. Go to healthboards.com and look at the posts on sub and listen to people that have experience with it. It is fairly new and Dr.'s don't know squat about it. It is however far better than taking the doses you were. Alot of people use it as a maintence drug like methadone and stay on it indefinately. There is no such thing as a miracle drug for opiate addiction. I am not trying to scare you or make you feel bad you definately did the right thing but there are some drawbacks to sub also. Just do some research on it with people that have been on it and not by what Dr's say it is supposed to do. Good luck man.

POWERSTROKE is offline Associate Member
    It's harder to get off Methadone than it is vicodin - Just see if you can slowly taper off the pills.

Skull Mason is offline Junior Member
    i broke my neck and suffered some other problems after a car accident a little more than a year ago. Ive been taking ultracet on and off since for various pains (neck, ear, migraines). DRs say they are not addictive, but anything that makes you feel GOOD I think can be addictive, whether its a drug or sex. The bottom line is when you take them they make you feel good, so when you dont take them you dont feel as good hence bad. But what I found with ultracet is that you can ween off them slowly. Say if you take 10 a day, take 9 the next two days, then 8 the next couple days, and so on. It might also help to get some ambien or somehting that might help you go to sleep without taking the painkillers. Or try smoking or somehting before you hit the hay, it may distract you from the urge of taking the pks. But slowly lowering your intake is what works best IMO. Good luck bro.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    good luck bro, if the support of other members here helps then maybe you should attend some N A group meetings, all people going through and been through what your experiencing now. worked for me and many others

cj1capp is offline Anabolic Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by craneboy
    good luck bro, if the support of other members here helps then maybe you should attend some N A group meetings, all people going through and been through what your experiencing now. worked for me and many others
    As friend of Bill W. I would say the same thing. Use what ever you can to help you stay or get clean but to have the promise told to us in the steps requries a program like na . for me it was ca staying clean at least for me took more than a magic pill, dont get me wrong Im glad its there to help but put the work in to discover your self and work the steps there is real hope there. Im clean over 10 years I wish you the best and GREAT JOB so far STAY CLEAN!!!!

L.Priest is offline Banned
    my ? is how did you go about getting so much? Web? Doc? Black market? Just curious..........

chinups Guest
    I have taken vicadins to party, I get 10 at a time at most and then bang through them within a week. I could not imagine 30 in one day. But this post has made a decission for me. I will never take a vicadon again!!!

GOOD LUCK

good choice bro. 30 a day is a good starting point but ive seen guys taking 100 a day. They look like shit ,I thought i looked bad on Coke man there skin dries up they start to have open soures and then try getting enough pills each day just to feel normal. You made the right choice

Are doctors prescribing or did you use the web?

Quote Originally Posted by L.Priest
    my ? is how did you go about getting so much? Web? Doc? Black market? Just curious..........
    Essentially, I had about 10 to 12 people that got scripts legally for themselves who would always call me and sell them. They always knew I would buy the whole script anytime so I literally had to turn down people all the time. All of them know I have quit now.

As for SUB being addictive, according to my doc its not. I went 2 days without it as a test and I would say I agree. I had no withdrawls what so ever. I had to remind myself to get back on the program. I went back on to make sure I finish this program the right way and wean off in time. Also, I cut my dose in half as it was making me 2 high and sick.

Quote Originally Posted by CatGrabber
    Essentially, I had about 10 to 12 people that got scripts legally for themselves who would always call me and sell them. They always knew I would buy the whole script anytime so I literally had to turn down people all the time. All of them know I have quit now.

As for SUB being addictive, according to my doc its not. I went 2 days without it as a test and I would say I agree. I had no withdrawls what so ever. I had to remind myself to get back on the program. I went back on to make sure I finish this program the right way and wean off in time. Also, I cut my dose in half as it was making me 2 high and sick.
    Good Work CAt grabber, stay strong and find the support you will need. Like NA. Stoping using is the second part to recovery now lets get bussy working a program and living life. As for your "friends" I dont know for me and coke it ment i had to change everthing, people places and things. The people i knew the things i did and the places i went. Think about it and take it one at a time.

JR.SHRED is offline Associate Member
    I didnt read this whole thread so I dont know if someone has said to take this or not but I will it is called suboxone it is a pill that will totally help you through the withdrawls. You will have withdrawls for about a week, if you take suboxone you wont have any withdrawls you wont even want to take them. Zanny bars will help you with the anxiety also if you are going through the withdrawl stage. DO NOT take methadone that is the worst drug out their, if you get addictewd to that and then stop taking that I heard you can die from it

I always wonder who is behind the web sites selling rx.........are they bogus?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information