novice1 is offline Junior Member

Question to do 1st cycle or not to do 1st cycle??

i've been sitting back reading boards for about six months and have talked my self in and out of doing a cycle. i've learned alot except about health risk. i know a lot of you put yourselves up as lab rats for all this but i've had a hard time finding out real health risk from a realiable source. my question is this. i'm 25, 6'5, weigh 210, and have about 12%bf. i eat clean carbs and 300-350g of protein a day. i work out hard 4 days a week and do high intensity cardio 3 times a week. i don't want to compete or be huge. i just want to look great at the beach and add a little mass to my upper body because i'm so tall. i'm growing naturally but just really really slow. i've been debating about doing a cycle of cypionate or testosterona 200. probably 1cc every 4 or 5 days depending on which one i pick. probably a 7-8 week cycle. i'll work those bugs out later. i was going to run arimidex to keep water retention low and get some clomid for post cycle. i only plan to do one cycle ever and my question is will i have hairloss, will my test levels and sperm count come back to what they are now, and will i have trouble with my prostrate later on because of this. these questions are what are keeping me from the descision.

bex
    bex is offline Banned

Re: to do 1st cycle or not to do 1st cycle??

[my question is will i have hairloss, will my test levels and sperm count come back to what they are now, and will i have trouble with my prostrate later on because of this. these questions are what are keeping me from the descision. [/B][/QUOTE]

On just one cycle you will not lose yor hair.And your nat tes will come back and no you will not have pros trouble.But i think you should just train natrual for now because you are still growing.

DONT FIX IT IF IT IS NOT BROKE.Just my 2cc

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    If you have doubts your not ready just keep what your doing and train natural youll know when its time.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Re: to do 1st cycle or not to do 1st cycle??

Originally posted by novice1
    i've been debating about doing a cycle of cypionate or testosterona 200. probably 1cc every 4 or 5 days depending on which one i pick. probably a 7-8 week cycle . . . my question is will i have hairloss, will my test levels and sperm count come back to what they are now, and will i have trouble with my prostrate later on because of this. these questions are what are keeping me from the descision.
    I usually don't recommend particular cycles, but what you have outlined seems about as well thought out as you can get. So the answers are: no, yes, and no.

First, if you are going to do a test-only cycle, I would recommend the cyp, not the testosterona 200. 200 mg. every 4-5 days is not a hell of a lot when compared with most cycles, and it will give you a chance to see whether you react well to it. At that level, you should not have any significant withdrawal should you decide to stop.

Also at that level, there should be neither hairloss nor prostate problems. However, that assumes that you are not prone to prostate problems or male pattern baldness. Your best bet, of course, is to have some lab work run by your doctor - specifically, a total test level and a PSA (Prostate Specific Antigen), which would provide a "baseline" of where you're at right now.

What the cyp will do at the level you're discussing is (1) help you gain some muscle mass, and (2) help reverse your body fat-to-lean muscle mass ratio. However, since you are tall and proportionally thin for your height (6'2"/210 lbs.), and already working out, you may not bulk up as fast or as much as shorter guys. That's one of the drags of being tall (as anyone who is tall knows, the other drag is that you can't buy shirts off the rack - the ones with long-enough sleeves and a large enough neck will fit you like they were made by Omar the Tent Dude).

Also, if you're only doing 200 mg. every 4-5 days, I wouldn't bother with the Armidex or Clomid unless you find you need them down the line. The guys who need them are generally doing a lot more cyp than you've talked about - in the 500 to 1000 (or more) per week range. You're talking about a safer range that should not carry the same side effects. You'll still get a big jump in your total test count, but without the level of side effects as someone who is doing a lot more test or otherwise stacking his cycle.

Next, yes - your test level and sperm count will normalize when you are off cycle. If anything, you will probably feel hornier while youre on the test, and the worst side effect when you get off will be a little less energy until you normalize.

Finally, don't rule out enanthate as an option. Cyp and enenthate are essentially the same - both are long acting test, there's only one link difference on the chemical chain, and both the half life and effects are equal. (I regularly alternate between them.) Needless to say, if you are able to get it, your best bet is to stick with a U.S. or Canadian manufactured test like Depo-Testosterone (cyp - available in the U.S. but not Canada) or Delatestryl (enanthate - available in both countries), both much purer and more exact in their standards than any of the foreign products.

novice1 is offline Junior Member
    thanks for the info. i was just thinking about the arimidex so i wont put on much water weight and what i gain is what i will keep because it's my understanding if you gain 25lbs and lose 10 it was all water so if i run arimidex i will only put on 15 and keep 15.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    we can't talk you into it or out of it. that decision will inevitably be made by you, no matter what we say. just consider that almost nobody does just one cycle, especially someone like you who has obviously done his research. you're old enough to cycle if you want to...but only do it when you're 100% comfortable with it. you wrote a good cycle, i think you'll like it. when you stop have ing doubts, then do it, until then, keep making natural progress

superfat73 is offline Associate Member
    Wait your saying cypionate is better than enanthate for 1st cycle, ive read otherwise...

bigJJ is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by novice1
    i only plan to do one cycle ever :
    Yep. I think we all said that at one point in time.

I have no intention of talking you into or out of doing a cycle. But it sounds like you're doing the right thing and really thinking it through. Test Enanthate worked really well for me as a first cycle, though the two (E and C) are pretty well interchangeable.

As an admitted generalization... Test E or C 500mg/week (two shots weekly) will change your physique for the better (with proper diet, training and rest, of course)

As a totally valid opinion though... you WILL like it! And you (probably) will come back for more. Though, if done intelligently and conscientiously, you will be no worse for the wear. In fact, you'll be better.

Good luck to you, and do what you feel is best for YOU!

Thread Information