Kacey67 is offline New Member

Help! Is this headed in the right direction??

Hello All. I am currently going through the educational section as you read this post so please don’t give me too hard of a time for possibly jumping the gun by my immediate post for assistance. I have done countless hours of research and amid all the researching and friendly advice im just not too sure where to be. Instead of asking for someone to show me the way I figure by posting where I was at with things I could possibly get some advice on what I would be doing correct or for that matter incorrectly.

I am 184lbs 6 foot 24 yr old male. I have just recently started weight training but have been doing cardio and healthy dieting for some time. I have an average build and have some muscles lying dormant in there somewhere.

Quite a few of my buds have done several varieties of cycles but have just been all over the place each differing in opinion over regarding my future general direction with a first time cycle. Though I have heard allot of what they have said I have been able to draw from my own conclusion what I feel might be the way to go.

I want to get cut. I have chosen to get 200mg e.q and 250mg sust. and Nolvadex

Being as im a newbie to strength training I have decided to give myself another couple of weeks in the gym prior to starting the cycle so I don’t hurt myself right?

Anyhow I have a good workout regime I know to be of good quality for myself and am looking to get into the cycle in two weeks.

I was thinking about taking 150-200mg e.q. with the 200mg sust. and Nolvadex each once a week. Does this sound like it might be the right way to start out being as im new to the weights? I was also thinking of taking clenbuterol to attack the tough area of the lower abdomen??

Any comments or suggestions are appreciated. Forgive the lack of knowledge.

ThanksNewbie...If the post just didnt scream it enuf! [B][FONT=Arial Black][I]
    Last edited by Kacey67; 10-27-2005 at 11:51 PM.

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    Workout for at least a year. You should be able to make very good gains if you are just getting into weight traning. Your connective tissues, tendons, ligaments etc. are slow to grow and adapt. If you start a cycle right away your muscles could possibly out pace your connective tissues and bingo, you'll have a nice little injury.

It takes months to develop good lifting techinque and to refine your routine(s)

What is the hurry?
    Last edited by eGGz; 10-28-2005 at 01:26 AM.

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eGGz
    Workout for at least a year. You should be able to make very good gains if you are just getting into weight traning. Your connective tissues, tendons, ligaments etc. are slow to grow and adapt. If you start a cycle right away your muscles could possible out pace your connective tissues and bingo, you'll have a nice little injury.

It takes months to develop good lifting techinque and to refine your routine(s)

What is the hurry?
    for sure. I would even say get 2 years of lifting under your belt with a good diet.

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    listen to these guys......at 184 and 6 feet tall....you still have a lot of growing to do.....especially since you just started working out. give it a year....(preferably 2 years) before thinking about steroids . you'll thank us later

Montgomery is offline Associate Member
    If you're really disciplined, 6 months is the very least you should be waiting before cycling. And when the time comes for you, I certainly wouldn't be doing your sust/eq cycle either. If you're looking to cut, that will all change in 6 months if you eat a cutting diet (see the info in the diet forum) and train properly without drugs. I'd recommend for you a cycle of 10 weeks with 50mg prop injected every day, and that's it; no stack required for a first cycle. Prop will cut you enough and add a nice amount of mass to you as long as your diet is good.

Just MO

Montgomery

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    personally i would take at least 500 mgs sustanon every week. also, wait till your pct to take the clen , ive read that clen will weaken the effect of juice if you take the two at the same time. imo its best to eat a bulk diet while on cycle, then cut when your off, you will acheive better long term results

Reprisal 6 is offline Associate Member
    First, congrats on staying dedicated to your cardio and healthy dieting. Now, you are looking at a completely different program, adding muscle. IMO, you need to learn how to train and make natural gains before you add "rocket fuel" to your workouts. Adding steroids before you know how your body can most efficiently make progress is not only going to end up in sub-par gains, but possibly a crash and burn. Relax! It takes years to figure things out, not weeks or months. Also, while you are learning how your body reacts to different diets and training programs, you will have time to research steroids. Stick around for a while, read, read, read.
    You are not ready for steroids. This isn't a bad thing. It's great, because unlike many others on this board, you can still experience great gains without the use of AAS.

ouchthathurts is offline Junior Member
    Last edited by ouchthathurts; 04-14-2007 at 11:40 AM.

Kacey67 is offline New Member
    Very good answers to all. Extremely informative, naturally a little dissapointing but ultimately good sense and direction. I thank you all for the feedback.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by ouchthathurts
    I gotta agree with these dudes. You should grow like hell your first year or two naturally, without AS. A 6 foot 184 lb male is a good base and it sounds like you have a good workout base for maximum gains. The psychologist in me has to ask the question: Who kicked sand in your face that you feel the need to be huge yesterday? I'm 10 years older than you and I trained for years before ever experimenting with juice. And even then, the reason being the closer you get to your maximum natural size, the muscle comes on slower and slower and slower... My first true heavy-duty year, I completely changed my appearance. But subsequent years it became harder and harder even to gain 1-2kg's a year. And now I got father time workin' against me too! I'm digressing now...

You got the world by the ass on a downhill pull at 24. Eat like hell and stick to the mass movements.

Good luck and if you MUST cycle, just try one form of test and stick with it for 10-12 weeks. But an extreme caution here: your body's kinesiology is very balanced naturally. With the use of AS's, you run the risk of increasing the strength of your primary contractile muscles before the tendons have time to adjust to the sheer increase in contractile strength. Since the musculoskeletal leverage in the human is relatively poor, injury would be highly possible. In fact, probable. Consider that your biceps (medial and lateral head) when curling as little as 50lbs has to contract with an extreme force due to the attachment near the rotational axis. Your bicep may be recruiting enough fibers to contract with a force of 500lbs! Can you hear that tendon go SNAP?

Buchanan TS, Rovai GP, Rymer WZ Strategies for muscle activation during isometric torque generation at the human elbow J Neurophysiol. 1989 Dec;62(6):1201-12
    Agreed. You will get your best gains ever when you first start training, invest in a some protein supps and a good diet. You will do just fine

bigJJ is offline Member
    Also, remember to be adding squats and deadlifts to your routines! These will help you build a strong, solid core from which to build. As your strength and coordination builds, look into having someone give you a little coaching on Olympic lifts. Again, building a strong, solid core will put you well on your way!

It's been said before (and you seem to understand), but it bears repeating, that diet, cardio and dedication to the training are essential. When the others are out boozing it up, take pride in the fact that you're in the gym working your ass off for the greater goal.

When you're 200lbs+ and strong as hell, then look to the juice to take you to the next level. When that time comes, a single ester Testosterone will put you through the roof!

Good luck my man!

Thread Information