Jay85 is offline New Member

Quitting var cycle at 3 weeks

I started a var cycle exactly 3 weeks ago and I stopped dosing yesterday (25 hours ago)...waiting on some PCT supplies this week (nolva+clomid). I had intended to go 7 weeks.

I know its weird to quit but I was just thinking things over and these things aren't for me. I'm turning 20 next week, so I'm a bit too young to start with this shit and I'm getting depressed and anxious on it (screws my diet + rest)...my training has gone through the roof oddly enough. Also, I figure I can make decent gains naturally, I'm positive I didn't hit a ceiling but I don't see myself doing gear in the future. It's not for everyone. I initially planned to use it for growth plate stimulation (I'm 5'7). So far while on, I went from 170 at 9-11% to 183 at 12-14%. I don't look too different according to myself or others but strength went through the roof.

I was wondering to what degree I'm supressed and how I should run my PCT. I am positive my nuts shrank while on cycle (smaller/softer), but I can still jerk off like twice a day lol (this is the first day 'off'). My sex drive did go down while on it though, and this is the second depression/anxious spell I got while on it...the first time I dosed I got flulike symptoms. My nipples will feel sore if I think about them but I think it's all psychological (I'm getting paranoid about gyno even though var doesn't aromatize). Other than that no other issues.

Any advice on this one?

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    The depression could be explained by the lack of testosterone .

For PCT:

2-3 weeks of clomid/nolva should do it.

If it does not "do it" then continue with PCT of course.

alo5603 is offline Member
    good for you, most cant say they can just up and quit because they felt it wasnt for them. I got total respect for ya bro. As for permanent growth plate problems, i doubt it. Var is mild, and if you were only on for 3 weeks, and you wasnt takin an insane dose, u should be fine. Just keep with the pct.

alo

So 50 mg clomid ED and 20 mg nolva ED? Can I expect crazy sides from either at those doses?

Oh the depression occured while on...depression/anxiety, but today I don't have any of that stuff...maybe slight depression from the backlash but I can deal with it. I hope I didn't cause anything permanent. I'm waiting for the PCT supplies in a few days.

Thanks guys.

Yeah...I'm just working on health from now on, I don't think shoving down a 17AA would help much. I won't touch gear unless I'm starting to go down hill in 'andropause ' lol. I think I should produce enough testosterone on my own now. Oh I used var in hopes to grow in height, since you have anabolic stimulation without any estrogenic shut down.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention i was using 50 mg ED of var

macgyver_48 is offline Associate Member
    i seem to remember hearing somewhere that var was prescribed to pubescent boys, so growth plates wouldn't be an issue. i think it's estro that closes them anyway.

slightly off-topic, but isn't var supposed to make your penis grow if you take it as a teenager? lol

--^^ Yes, it speeds up puberty in prepubescent boys and girls.

I'm glad to hear you're holding off, I'm holding off as well till 23, I'm 21 right now and felt that the cycles I did weren't worth it (at least until I'm older.)

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by macgyver_48
    i seem to remember hearing somewhere that var was prescribed to pubescent boys, so growth plates wouldn't be an issue. i think it's estro that closes them anyway.

slightly off-topic, but isn't var supposed to make your penis grow if you take it as a teenager? lol
    Estrogen is the cause of growth plate closier yes.

I think my penis was unaffected lol, but my nuts did shrink.
    They use it in kids because its one of the only steroids that won't interact with the aromatase enzyme to convert to estrogen - so no estrogenic sides or premature epiphyseal closure. It grew teenagers cocks because they were due to grow anyway, it just accelerates it. They'll get pubic hair if they didn't have any already. Although we're talking 12-14 here. Var has shown in some studies to cause the kids to grow more than their projected/predicted height but of course, that's random and unpredictable...I think they fit people's height into statistically modeled curves using growth velocity.

Hmm so will nolvadex or clomid have effects on my growth plates? It's not much of an issue anymore. I'm worried about clomid side effects. I'll be running 50 mg ED for two weeks with 20 mg nolva ED for 2 weeks. I'm wondering if those clomid horror stories are just due to people having low test after being suppressed hard or if clomid actually screws you up big time.

Quote Originally Posted by macgyver_48

lol, contrare to popular belief, it will make teens dicks grow, but like jay said, only to accelerate it, it wont make it go past its norm potential, the only thing that might and this a big might, could alter the actual growth potential of the male genitalia, would be gh, for its direct effect on cells in the body.

alo

Quote Originally Posted by Jay85
    Hmm so will nolvadex or clomid have effects on my growth plates? It's not much of an issue anymore. I'm worried about clomid side effects. I'll be running 50 mg ED for two weeks with 20 mg nolva ED for 2 weeks. I'm wondering if those clomid horror stories are just due to people having low test after being suppressed hard or if clomid actually screws you up big time.
    What horror stories have you heard?

Clomid does have side effects ranging from person to person. If its deppression your concerned about, some user's have found it easier to take Clomid just before bed.

GearAholic is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    can i have the rest of your var?

clomid horror stories are pretty rare, but hardly really worth the agitation, i would run it like you are, to supplement the hormone change.

alo

Quote Originally Posted by GearAholic

Need it for reserach perposes dont you....

Quote Originally Posted by Swifto

Need it for reserach perposes dont you....
    lmao of course, what else would i need it for???

macgyver_48 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearAholic
    damn beat me to it

:

LOL I knew someone would ask that .

As for clomid horror stories - its an emotional clusterf**k, depression/anxious (basically what I have now), irritability, face/back becomes a pizza, vision tracers.

Nolva I never heard many side effects for, it'll help with getting the HDLs back up

Yeah I guess I'll take em at night. Hopefully my balls grow back and everything returns to the way they have before I started lol.

smiler is offline Senior Member
    LOL I knew someone would ask that .

As for clomid horror stories - its an emotional clusterf**k, depression/anxious (basically what I have now), irritability, face/back becomes a pizza, vision tracers.

Nolva I never heard many side effects for, it'll help with getting the HDLs back up

Yeah I guess I'll take em at night. Hopefully my balls grow back and everything returns to the way they have before I started lol.
    dude if you think your to short, find a cool doc and get a script for gh

Nahhhh I think I've probably fused already man. Ahh well...I'll live, in life you win some you lose some.
    Ugh, I just woke up from a nap anxious, I wonder when the hell this will go away.

Should I keep off cold turkey or go on 25 mg ED until PCT supplies arrive?

Baller9 is offline Associate Member
    I would...it will help you keep your gains.

Thread Information