gear-D is offline Junior Member

Training B4 Roids, How Much Under Ur Belt?

Well guys tell ne how much prior exp. before starting ur 1st cycle? and why.
    do your genes have any affect on this question? I hear guys saying u should have plenty of years under ur belt before even thinking about roids, but there has to be some of u out there that have novice training skills that are doing just fine with ur cycles and seeing good gains. I don't know if all natural! Yep all natural

Jnrmrplymouth is offline Associate Member
    Well it depends on how well your gaining. If you feel like your diet is top notch.......8 meals a day...4000 cals a day with a solid training program and your gains are coming to a halt then I would say 'consider it'.

To be fair we are all different. Some guys are 240lbs natural with 19" arms still making good gains natural and others are 170lbs struggling to gain a lb. I think the major factor is diet. You got guys out there and they are like 'oh im 170lbs, my diet is good and I cant gain anything so ive started some dbol and test'. Then they come back and tell us that hes consuming 2000 cals a day.

If your benching a plate a side at a weight of 170 then chances are your not ready but then again were all different. Only you know the answer. If you can say to yourself your training hard with a massive amount of calories, gd supplement plan and lots of rest and still cant gain then think about it for sure.

Im 210lbs now and gains are slow. Even at 20 years old and putting away 4000 cals a day plus I struggle now to gain size and strength. But when your shoulder pressing 90lb dumbells for 7 reps you have to ask yourself 'how much more can I gain naturally'. Only you can answer this one.

Oh I also forgot to mention......im starting my first cylce in 3 weeks of test and dbol . As ive said, gains are slow for me now but at 210lbs 5ft9, benching 2 plates a side, squatting 3 plates a side etc etc im happy with my base and I think its time to take it to the next level.

good for you bro, i think with ur stats it's definately time to take it to the next level!!
    And good luck to you bro! Thanx for the advise

Quote Originally Posted by gear-D
    good for you bro, i think with ur stats it's definately time to take it to the next level!!
    And good luck to you bro! Thanx for the advise
    Maybe you could give me some insight on yourself.......stats, diet, training etc etc. Then maybe I can throw an opinion back.

I am 5'9 and 190 If i have several under my belt, than you have nothing to loose at almost 21 years old just go with what you feel about it.

How well are you gaining at the moment..ie lbs every 3 months. Whats the diet look like?

I am at about 3-4lbs a month w/a 4200 cal a day diet.

Thats good gains! Stay away from the gear for now. Diet looks good.........just keep an eye on bodyfat. If you have no plans for competing then stay clean. The main reason im starting is because im competing next year. If I wasnt I prob wouldnt be starting for a while.

guildwars05 is offline Associate Member
    11 years natural. Just started 4 weeks ago 1st cycle. Been on diet and training for 11 years and continue to this day. I researched steroids for 5 years before doing them. Just keep learning and build a natural base. I maxed out my genetic potential being an ecto morph original and finally gaining and working hard..with weight gainer and other supplements for years on years. I was 5'10 213 (4 weeks ago) at 8.9% bf. Now im gaining fast and seeing first TRUE size gains in a few years. i am currently 25 years old.

That's good bro, you have a good base to start off of. Now you can pass that platue, and find the true potential of your body has.

user1000 is offline New Member
    IMO beyond having enough training under your belt to understand training and diet, if you have enough understanding of the steroids you are going to use then you can make your own mind up as to when to start a first cycle as it depends on your aims.

I am 5' 6" and 155lbs, 26 years. I started training when I was 20 and thought I would have my goal body by 25, but unfortunately my knowledge of training didnt grow as fast as my effort, and so I didn't make the most of the first few years of training.

now I realise it will probably take until I'm 30-35 to get to my goal, and thats too late, you only get one life, so I am doing my first cycle in a few weeks and absolutely lovin it.

Knowledge first, remember you may only have 1 life to acomplish your goals. But only 1 body to get you there!!

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    i am 20 years old, 5'7, around 185lbs, with about 12% bodyfat. trained for 7 years natural, first 3 without much of a clue, last 4 with serious knowledge, with good diet (6 meals a day, 250 g protein), resting pattern and discipline. started juicing at 19, done 4 cycles overall. squatting 4 and a half plates a side for about 4 reps, benching two and a half plates a side for about 3 or 4. havent put much weight on from my 4 courses, but realised diet was letting me down. was getting decent amounts of protein ED, just needed more calories, was probably only getting 2000-2500 ED, so have upped it to 3500-4000 (protein 300+), then next time i cycle (after christmas) will up my calories further. biggest bodyweight increase from a cycle was on my first (deca , dbol ) gained about 14 lbs, lost about 6lbs water, kept the rest. my other 3 courses i never gained much weight if any on the scales atleast, although im bigger, stronger and leaner. it confuses me, as i have a friend that cycles, doesnt know half asmuch as i do about training or juice, and doesnt even eat 200g protein ED, or even eat a half decent diet (2 maybe 3 meals a day) and he has gained 40lbs from cycling for the last 2 years. ok, he looks puffy as hell, and has added considerable bodyfat, and without bragging hehe, i still am stronger than him and look more muscular, but im unsure as to why he has gone from 170lbs at about 6 feet tall, to 215lbs?! fair play to him i say, just wish id shot up like that lol. wanna get to 210lbs with 10%bf in the next few years

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    i was 170-175lbs before i juiced, strength wasnt bad, obviously better now

Thread Information