RAF3070 is offline Associate Member

Painkillers on a cycle.

Just a quick question, im on Anabol 30mgs 1-4 weeks, Test Cyp 1-12 weeks.

Got a slight headache tonight (nothing to do with the gear, I dont think), am I alright to take a painkiller while on this stuff, or just sit it out?

Thx.

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    To avoid stress on the liver I would go without. Especially since you said slight headache as well, it doesn't sound too severe so why bother taking anything.

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    dbol is very taxing on your body, so are painkillers. You make the decision, obviously it is better for you NOT to take them, but one PROBABLY wont kill you.

GearAholic is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    u say that the headache is gear related but the slight increase in your bp may cause you to have a headace esp with d-bol

Well maybe not that slight, more pretty tense then lol.

Ill sit it out then i think.

Many thx.

PT
    PT is offline DUNAMIS ~ AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    when u say painkillers do u mean motrin/tylenol or are u talking about an opiate?

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    opiate pain killers will slow down digestion and protien synthesis. not good on cycle

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by testosterona
    opiate pain killers will slow down digestion and protien synthesis. not good on cycle
    Opiate pain killers will not do that. Pain killers that are mostly opiate and no or little acetaminafin will not do this.

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quite the opposite actually. Activation of opiate receptors causes an increase in the metabolic rate, especially when activated by canniboids, which is why stoners get the "munchies" when they smoke. There was a study on it on yahoo news not 2 days ago but I can't seem to find it.

As for the painkillers, its rare to find a prescription painkiller in the opiate family without acetomenophin in it. Ace. is extremly hard on the liver, ask a Vicodin addict. If you're going to take a painkiller during a cycle for a headaches, my suggestion would be to throw the painkillers out the window and relax to some soft music. Why add more extraneous chemicals to your system when you already have your body running at 120%.

Just my 2c's

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RAF3070
    Just a quick question, im on Anabol 30mgs 1-4 weeks, Test Cyp 1-12 weeks.

Got a slight headache tonight (nothing to do with the gear, I dont think), am I alright to take a painkiller while on this stuff, or just sit it out?

Thx.
    so you take a painkiller for a slight headache??? i hope you mean motrin or tylenol.

"ouch paper cut. now i need my morphine"

Quote Originally Posted by james21
    Opiate pain killers will not do that. Pain killers that are mostly opiate and no or little acetaminafin will not do this.
    you guys have your facts twisted. as far as vicodin, moriphene, oxycontin, percocet, ect.... they all slow down digestion. i used to struggle with painkillers, as well as many of my friends. what happens when you take a few vicodin after a large meal? you think you digest your food? I've had food sitting in my stomach all night because of the opium based PK's i was on, it usually lead to throwing up that meal i ate a few hours ago. that happens when your body can't digest the food sitting in your stomach so in turn, it regects it. why do you thiink people addicted to PK's don't ever shiit?..........sometimes for days?
    maybe someone has a study they can back me with. but, in reality, opiates will have nothing but a negative effect towards bodybuilding, in multiple ways

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    you guys have your facts twisted. as far as vicodin, moriphene, oxycontin, percocet, ect.... they all slow down digestion. i used to struggle with painkillers, as well as many of my friends. what happens when you take a few vicodin after a large meal? you think you digest your food? I've had food sitting in my stomach all night because of the opium based PK's i was on, it usually lead to throwing up that meal i ate a few hours ago. that happens when your body can't digest the food sitting in your stomach so in turn, it regects it. why do you thiink people addicted to PK's don't ever shiit?..........sometimes for days?
    maybe someone has a study they can back me with. but, in reality, opiates will have nothing but a negative effect towards bodybuilding, in multiple ways
    number 1 Laziness lol

nj123 is offline Member
    i was also addicted to pain killers. Still goin through some depression as we speak. I took probably about 15 a day for 3 months straight, and for about a year before that i would take them off and on. When i started eating them everyday, i even stopped working out which i thought was impossible to happen to me. I agree with testosterona.

Quote Originally Posted by nj123
    i was also addicted to pain killers. Still goin through some depression as we speak. I took probably about 15 a day for 3 months straight, and for about a year before that i would take them off and on. When i started eating them everyday, i even stopped working out which i thought was impossible to happen to me. I agree with testosterona.
    rough times man. thanks for backing me with your experience though. even occasional use will hinder gains as far as consistent nutrient obsorbtion goes

CatGrabber is offline Member
    I, myself am having a VERY VERY bad time with vicodin right now. Up to 20 a day. I know, I know the liver...save your typing and flaming please as I have heard it all 20 times. Its a trap I slowly fell into. It is terrible. How did you guys manage to beat it? Cat

scriptfactory is offline Anabolic Member
    I can't imagine taking 20 of any one pill a day. I hate it for you, man.

justtrnd40 is offline Associate Member
    Test is right. opiates can cause major constipation among othe negative effects. But I think he knows and anybody else that has had a problem with them is it is extremely hard especially at high doses to quit. The physical and mental aspects of withdrawl are hell on earth. I have been through every painkiller out there (unfortunately) and know exactly the feeling catgrabber is going through. The hydrocodone or opiate in the painkillers is not as bad as the amount of acetaminophen in them. If you can take oxycodone or something without all the acet. in it that would be better to take and try to wean down to nothing with that. I am sure someone will say that rehab is the only way but for alot of us that is not an option. Tapering down can be done but it is very hard and takes a ton of discipline but it beats the hell out of the other options that I know of.

KDRLINUS is offline Associate Member
    hey CATGRABBER i just posted in your thread, one thing i forget to mention was that i liquidated my entire stock of PK's to get mt past the temtation of falling back into the terrible world of percocet.....i had a friend of mine dump um off, and i only kept a few to help me slowly decrease my dosage. i know that him gettin rid of them contributed to other peoples probs but for piece of mind i have to think of my own self preservation and let others worry about themselves. life is full of temptation, and we all have our vices, case in point this is a steroid forum (and for some on this board steroids are just as addicting as PK's)
    hang in there guys and although its a tough road, its def. best to kick the PK habits before using gear, and like everyone else mentioned try not to tax the liver more then is absolutely necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by pietro75
    when u say painkillers do u mean motrin/tylenol or are u talking about an opiate?
    Ive no idea what type they are, just plain, run of the mill painkillers, Ibruprofen.

I didnt bother with them anyway in the end.

boardhead is offline Associate Member
    20 in one day.....wow....and u could actually function...i take 2 or and am FLOORED...

best of luck to you kicking that habit.

Phreak101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatGrabber
    I, myself am having a VERY VERY bad time with vicodin right now. Up to 20 a day. I know, I know the liver...save your typing and flaming please as I have heard it all 20 times. Its a trap I slowly fell into. It is terrible. How did you guys manage to beat it? Cat
    If you are seriously taking 20 pills a day (I hope they are the 5/500's and not the 10/1000's!), you need some professional help bro. My buddy in college became addicted to Vicodin after he rolled his ankle, and he was up to about 12-15 pills a day. He went through a rehab program at the college is back on track.

Best of luck to you!

CatGrabber is offline Member
    Yes, they are the 10/500s. I used to take 2 and be good all day. Now 20 sets me up the same way 2 used to. Your body can build a huge tollerance. Cat

MMMCHIRO is offline New Member

Arrow Headaches

A great deal of headaches are caused from either dehydration or nerve pressure in the cervical spine. Go get an adjustment from your chiropractor a least three or four in a row every other day and see if this takes care of the problem. The formula for hydration is (.6 x your body wt)= ounces per day of water needed minimum. Yours in health.

mtman42 is offline Junior Member
    if it's not severetry drinking water and applying direct pressure to the point between the thumb and 4finger that hurts the most, doing this 4 10-15 min will prob kill ur headache

J-CURL is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nj123
    i agree, I used to have a real bad problem with painkillers and drank alot, lost alot of weight, depression sucks, been there and back a few, Dont really mess with painkillers all like that anymore a tab here and there. 2 of my friends died off of OC 40s.
    Last edited by J-CURL; 10-31-2005 at 06:28 PM.

Thread Information