Thread: Ooowww!

Jimmya73 is offline Senior Member

Ooowww!

i passed through a vein doing a glute injection yesterday, with a 22 guage needle and 1cc of test e. my right glute is in so much pain, like a really bad bruise. ive passed through veins before, hell i have even almost dropped the needle when it was in, but nothing has ever hurt like this. any ideas what i did wrong, or how i can fix this before leg day?

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    not much you can do to fix it... you probably hit a nerve along the way... you gotta ride it out brotha.

i can deal with riding it out i guess, i was just worried i f*cked something up!

Dave321 is offline AR's Salad Tossing Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmya73
    i can deal with riding it out i guess, i was just worried i f*cked something up!
    nah... ive done it many times before... but this is no reason to leave it unnoticed... if the symptoms get worse for any particular reason, take precausions... but to be quite honest, in a few days the pain will completely pass.

damn i hope so. leg day is friday!

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    did ur whole leg go numb? if so u may have hit ur sciatic nerve and thats nothin to play with.

no not at all. shot yesterday, didnt hurt till today.

BobShocker is offline Junior Member
    . . . i guess that is a nerve?

I would suggest putting a heating pad on it.
    Last edited by BobShocker; 11-09-2005 at 06:08 PM.

Seajackal is offline Anabolic Member
    no not at all. shot yesterday, didnt hurt till today.
    That's probably not a nerve hit cuz if you did it so you would feel it within
    1-2 hours some strange numbness like edmen2 stated.

well whaddya think it could be? just dull needle and a painful bruise?

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    u have 1 major artery and 1 major vein that goes thru glute and if u hit either one of these it will hurt like hell. if u hit the sciatic ur whole leg will go numb and u may even fall to the floor.

i did hit a vein, or pass through one anyway. there was no blood when i aspirated, but i had a pretty good bit when the needle came out

grimnlock is offline Associate Member
    i did hit a vein, or pass through one anyway. there was no blood when i aspirated, but i had a pretty good bit when the needle came out
    Happened before... hurt so bad i couldn't even place the needle tip with slight pressure applied on it.... Skin surface felt so tender... give a good week and the pain will eventualy subside. Good luck.

ultimate_beef is offline Associate Member
    Just take care of it the way you are doing now. I had pain in my glutes before so I used a icy hot patch and also had my girl or myself massage the area. The pain should go away in a couple of days. OR and this is totally up to you. My doctor is harsh cool about me doing anabolics and she checks up on me and she helped me with a infection I had a while ago, to get to the point, you can go see your doctor.

weird thing, after doing back today, specifically deadlifts, alot of the pain like inside my ass went away, mostly just tender on the surface now

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    i kinda had the same thing. I did waud shots on sunday. i went in a totally different area on my quad, i think a little too low. when i went in it was fine. then wheni injected, it started to burn(mind you this has never happened before in my leg). then a day after it hurt like a MOTHA F*CKER!!! i dont know what i did, any comments on that? oh and the same thing happened to my delt. thats y i switched to my quads after 4 weeks!

The same exact thing happen to me when I was doing deadlifts. If its just tender on the surface now, you should be fine in a couple of days. But if it starts to be sore to the touch and a bit red like a rash, becareful for infection. But just ice it for now, you should be ok/

got some swelling, seems like it was mostly after icing it. any ideas?

Well as long as it swells down in the next few days, you should be fine, keep icing. But I'll give you some hints for down the road because I started getting signs of infection 3 days after. Redness/Sore to the touch/a little bruising = Doctor=Anti-Biotics: more info on this, get the new "MUSCULUR DEVELOPMENT" magazine. Read the anabolic freak pages.

juicy_brucy is offline Ripped, not bulky
    Quote Originally Posted by edmen2
    did ur whole leg go numb? if so u may have hit ur sciatic nerve and thats nothin to play with.
    Nope, you'll know within less than a second if it's that nerve...
    A "friend" who refused to let me shoot him, shot himself too close to the ass crack and he hit that nerve (I told him so). He hit it, and it hurt so fasst and sharp that he jumped up so quick that the needle tip broke off inside of his ass. I have never heard a person cry and whimper as much as this dude in the Emergency room for OVER 2 HOURS!!! I couldn't take it so I left. I was more embarrased than anything, cause the doctors and nurses all knew what we were shooting, and this guy made us all look like asses...

Thread Information