GHO5T is offline Senior Member

gear and calories

when on gear i usually take about 4-5 thousand calories to make gains, since the gains in the first couple of weeks is sudden, would u need to bump up the caorie intakes higher and higher.... since ur making gains on these intakes, in say weeks 8 thru 12... 4-5 thousand is now basically used to maintain those gains, should u bump this up to 6 to 7 thousand or will this cause more fat than lean muscle .... just curious what u guys think...

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Yes you would, most people think they need to up the gear, you are on the money here

JohnnyB

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    what about when the gear dont kick in till half way through week six? im gettin bout 4 thousand cals a day. seriously, i JUST started to notice gains on the scale and off.

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by legobricks
    what about when the gear dont kick in till half way through week six? im gettin bout 4 thousand cals a day. seriously, i JUST started to notice gains on the scale and off.
    What are you on? Usually test E or Cyp kicks in for me around week 5 or 6.

thejuiceisloose: did u use ne thing like dbol or A-bombs in the 1st 4 weeks to jumpstart ur cycle...if not then thats y ur just starting to see gains..b/c the test e will take 5-6 weeks to kick in, but from here on out u should see some nice gains... but if u post ur current cycle we can better help u

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    Last edited by chuck89gt5.0; 11-01-2005 at 09:51 PM.

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    This is a VERY important subject IMO, food is 80% of bodybuilding and even more important when you are juicing. I would def think to increase your calories every week to increase gains when ON.....

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    Yes you would, most people think they need to up the gear, you are on the money here

JohnnyB
    absolutely.

a lot of people just assume they need more gear to grow...and granted, if you use more gear, you'll grow...however, you can make more gains by working on your diet, and keeping your dose the same -- i think that's the key.

Moosepellet is offline Member
    Not to steal the thread but I was wondering if Johnny B is currently on a cycle? If so what compounds are you currently taking

liftin4life is offline Associate Member
    6 or 7k cals? Jeeeeeeeez that's crazy. Your body can't possibly process that much food can it? I can see 4-5k maybe but 6-7k???

Lunacy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by liftin4life
    6 or 7k cals? Jeeeeeeeez that's crazy. Your body can't possibly process that much food can it? I can see 4-5k maybe but 6-7k???
    I bet it can depending on your weight. At 160 pounds no, but at 200 pounds, I say yes.

ThePump is offline Member
    yeah that seems so damn high to me too... i guess that's just cause i've never eatin that much but damn... that's gotta hurt the 'ol money clip when buying all those damn groceries...

bolin is offline Associate Member
    7000??......how can you get that much calories and not bet fat???
    I mean sure I could do 7000 but surely they will not be from chicken breast and brown rice

thejuiceisloose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GHO5T
    thejuiceisloose: did u use ne thing like dbol or A-bombs in the 1st 4 weeks to jumpstart ur cycle...if not then thats y ur just starting to see gains..b/c the test e will take 5-6 weeks to kick in, but from here on out u should see some nice gains... but if u post ur current cycle we can better help u
    No I didnty use dbol or A-bombs, and btw I know about the effects of dbol, used it on my second cycle bro, like a while ago. Im not on training wheels anymore buddy, I know that is why test E or Cyp doesnt kick in until about week 5-6

jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member
    a 250lb bodybuilder could utilize way more then someone who is 175. it all depends on how big you are. the bigger you get , the more you need.

mranak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bolin
    7000??......how can you get that much calories and not bet fat???
    Takes a lot of calories to not only feed but grow somebody that already has a lot of mass.
    Quote Originally Posted by bolin
    I mean sure I could do 7000 but surely they will not be from chicken breast and brown rice
    Well, some guys do a fairly clean diet while taking in all those calories. Others don't. Depends on the person, their training and their goals.

Being afraid of getting fat is what holds many guys back.

i bumped my cal intakes to about 6500-7000 cals a day, u will get some extra fat added on.... but the gains u make in muscle mass will be higher than if someone takes the same amount of cals durin the whole cycle..... plus the extra fat u gain isnt a big deal at all, thats where the cuttin cycle is there to keep u ripped and hard...

and yes the added fat from bulking will make ur cuttin cycle harder... but that just means u have to b even more disciplined and focused as a BB which is always good....

Happy Lifting

Quote Originally Posted by thejuiceisloose
    No I didnty use dbol or A-bombs, and btw I know about the effects of dbol, used it on my second cycle bro, like a while ago. Im not on training wheels anymore buddy, I know that is why test E or Cyp doesnt kick in until about week 5-6

my bad bro i meant to ask legobricks if he used ne dbol or a-bombs to kickstart his cycle not u.. my bad

liftin4life is offline Associate Member
    I think adding cals gradually is the safest approach, however if your gains slow down, DON"T increase them to keep gaining at the same rate because the gains will be fat/water. I learned this the hard way and somehow made the same mistake a few times when what was really occurring was that my body was getting used to the hormones (Prohormones) and my receptors were getting clogged. Anyway...I'm playing it safe this time but eating as much as humanly possible on Sat/Sun. We'll see what happens.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by legobricks
    If you don't makes gains in the first 4 week just from the extra calories, it's not enough

JohnnyB

Thread Information