FNG
    FNG is offline New Member

Same Ol'--Pain, swelling, pink--infection?

First, I am very grateful that this forum exists. It is my lifeline at the moment. Thanks to everyone in advance.

Secondly, I am new at this and so I beg your mercy.

Thirdly, the reason I'm posting is because Sat. night I pinged 1cc of Test. Prop. in my thigh. Unfortunately, I did this extremely fast--in about 5 seconds to empty the syringe. The needle was 23 guage and fresh out of its wrapper. I swabbed of course--well, the needle and the top of the bottle, but I forgot to swab my leg. Everything was fine until about 7am Sunday morning when I awoke in pain, with hotflashes, and after getting out of bed I had trouble walking. It is now tuesday, the pain has somewhat deteriorated, there is very minimal pinkness, but the muscle looks swollen and is tender. How much longer should I wait before I see my doctor? I've looked at the other threads, but I wanted to post my personalized info for a more personalized response.

Signed, slightly pink and swollen.

EDIT: This is my first time injecting anything, and:
    BA .02
    BB .20
    Cottonseed Oil .71

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Prop is notorius for cuasing some pretty intense pain, how many times have you poked with this particular batch of prop?

FNG
    FNG is offline New Member
    This is my first time. Man, I had to make my wife give up the cart at Wal-Mart so I could use it as a walker on Sunday--pathetic.

FNG

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Ok, prolly not an infection-keep a close eye on it for runners and heat at the site. Next your inject procedure needs some work. 1st, slow down, 30 seconds for a cc is a good rule of thumb 2nd never swab the needle-it is already sterile, the only thing you can do is dirty it 3rd make sure you switch needles after drawing from the vial, never inject with a needle you have used for drawing. If this doesn't make your injects gos smoother then try cutting your prop with sterile oil or b-12.

Put some ice on it, and take some ibuprofen-this should help for now, but the biggest thing is improving your injects.
    Last edited by shortie; 11-01-2005 at 04:23 PM.

Thread Information