johnsomebody is offline Senior Member

Customs Holding My Package

Ordered from an online overseas site and got an envelope from an international delivery company saying my package is being held by customs and they (the delivery company) need me to call (or fax) and give them my phone number AND my Social Security number. I also got an email from the company I ordered from saying not to worry, the deivery is fine but customs needs my SS number. The delivery co. gives me a week to call with the info or it will be sent back.
    This actually seems like a decent company but I'm a newbie at this.
    My first impulse was to say forget it, don't call but now I'm wondering if it's really a problem.
    Anybody know?
    Sorry I'm so clueless but this is my first time.
    By the way, this board is the best -informative and fun.
    Thanks!

This post was edited so the graphic johnsomebody used would appear correctly. (It had previously appeared as a URL.) None of the original text was changed.
    Last edited by TNT; 05-09-2002 at 08:39 PM.

Bro
    Bro is offline New Member
    dont call bro...pretend you dont know anything about the package since the only thing you will be doing if you attempt to claim the package is identifying and implicating yourself and proving you have knowledge of the contents which, assuming it's gear, is illegal

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Bump...I'm interested as well

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

You are being baited...

Welcome to the board, John. Or is it Some? Oh well, Mr. Body...

Is it really a problem? Yes.

Chances are that the package was X-rayed by the delivery company or the shipper was known to them, or that it was randomly opened during a Customs check.

There is never a legitimate reason for a delivery company to request a Social Security Number. (No delivery copany would give a hoot about your SSN.) If you were to provide it, it would verify that you did, in fact, order whatever is in the package, and you would be subject to arrest, especially if the package is already being held by Customs.

Allow the package to be returned to the company that shipped it (although even the feasibility of that is doubtful if it's in the hands of Customs), and ask them to re-ship by other means.

Whatever you do, do not respond to the delivery company's request in any way; you will definitely be arrested, regardless of what might happen to be in the package.

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    What if he were to respond with the wrong ss#?

popa is offline Senior Member
    hope you didnt take BIG loss bro cause that would SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

D3m3nt3d is offline AR's Whore D'Oeuvre
    listen to the fellas..dont respond=\

Bro
    Bro is offline New Member
    Originally posted by JP1570
    What if he were to respond with the wrong ss#?
    the ss # in and of itself is irrelevant; they already have the shipping address and they have probable cause to get a warrant if they want to. whether you give a a real or fake ss#, youre still calling in response to their inquiry and thereby further incriminating yourself.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    You guys are awesome! I posted this like an hour ago and already there are all these responses. I really appreciate the info -you've probably saved my skin. I won't reply and I will ask that it be mailed. Thanks, big time. http://www.anabolicreview.com/vbulle...es/welcome.gif

Thread Information