ScottyShotty is offline Associate Member

why switch needles between filling syrynge and injecting?

Is it for sanitary reasons or because the first needle slightly gets dulled?
    If it slightly gets dulled from the rubber is it such a big deal you Need to change it or is it just a good rule of thumb for calves and very painful spots?

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    because this image is around
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails why switch needles between filling syrynge and injecting?-needle1-395-x-241-.jpg  
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    i love it when that pic shows up... to think when i did my first cycle around 15 years ago i used the same pin like 8 times.... as well as knew nothing about pct... god what an uneducated ass i was... u gotta love this forum..

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    yep.. it's a good one..

the point is.. they are cheap.. and clean when you switch them..

so why not keep it sterile..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    i draw and shoot with the same needle. It doesnt dull that bad. I received IM allergy shots for 15 years and I watched the nurse or dr always draw and shoot with the same pin. I have a friend who is a surgeon and says he draws and shoots patients with the same needle all the time. I also have slin pin for IGF and HGH and you cant change the needle on them either so I have to draw and shoot with the same pin all the time

Lunacy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by longhorn814
    i draw and shoot with the same needle. It doesnt dull that bad. I received IM allergy shots for 15 years and I watched the nurse or dr always draw and shoot with the same pin. I have a friend who is a surgeon and says he draws and shoots patients with the same needle all the time. I also have slin pin for IGF and HGH and you cant change the needle on them either so I have to draw and shoot with the same pin all the time
    I use the same needle as i draw with as well.

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    if im drawing out of an amp, i'll use an 18 gauge and then switch to a 23 or 25 gauge depending on where im injecting, otherwise i draw and shoot with the same needle

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    there is no reason to switch the pins after you load up the syringe. unless your hella clumbsy and you jam the pin into the bottom of the amp or something it wont be dulled that much at all.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I saw this thread had a pic and new it was this one:

I'd prefer to keep scar tissue in the muscle to an absolute minimum and make the injection cut through like butter. I like what longhorn814 said, draw with a hose - administer with a pin...

bigJJ is offline Member
    Any needle that goes deep into my muscle tissue is going to be fresh out of the package and untouched by anything else. Period.

Maybe I'm just weird like that.

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by longhorn814
    if he is a surgeon what is he doin giving shots. im a nurse and all the surgeons i know would not stoop so low as to give a shot unless during surgery and then the patient is usually out. as for switchin the pin it for both dullness and sanitary reasons but most nurses dont change the pin due to laziness and the "it aint going in me" attitude.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edmen2
    if he is a surgeon what is he doin giving shots. im a nurse and all the surgeons i know would not stoop so low as to give a shot unless during surgery and then the patient is usually out. as for switchin the pin it for both dullness and sanitary reasons but most nurses dont change the pin due to laziness and the "it aint going in me" attitude.
    Well if you are drawing from two things... like you are doing 2 CC of test and 1 CC of deca in the same syringe...then you have a serious dulling issue because the pin has poked 2 vials.

Other thing is... what if you like using more comfortable 25 guages for shooting... shooting oil is easy with these but drawing from vial with a 25 guage is NOT. So its necessary to have like a 22 guage to draw with then switch to 25 pin for your comfort. For me there is a huge noticable difference in the comfort factor changing needles... I dont know if the dulling factor applies or if its combination of smaller pin, but it works better with the pin change. Also old timers with tougher pokes and scar tissue find it way better with the fresh pin. You newer guys dont know this but after a couple cycles, your favorite injection spot becomes harder and harder to poke, eventually gets very difficult to get IM area to accept the injection as well.

ACKBAR is offline Junior Member
    Anyone notice that BDs stoppers are pretty thick and tend to dull the needle down more than other brands? Its either the stoppers or my batch of Terumos

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntpadude
    Well if you are drawing from two things... like you are doing 2 CC of test and 1 CC of deca in the same syringe...then you have a serious dulling issue because the pin has poked 2 vials.

Other thing is... what if you like using more comfortable 25 guages for shooting... shooting oil is easy with these but drawing from vial with a 25 guage is NOT. So its necessary to have like a 22 guage to draw with then switch to 25 pin for your comfort. For me there is a huge noticable difference in the comfort factor changing needles... I dont know if the dulling factor applies or if its combination of smaller pin, but it works better with the pin change. Also old timers with tougher pokes and scar tissue find it way better with the fresh pin. You newer guys dont know this but after a couple cycles, your favorite injection spot becomes harder and harder to poke, eventually gets very difficult to get IM area to accept the injection as well.
    Ya man..I was drawing from a 25 the other day..so damn hard I was like where are the 20s!!!!???

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    does the doctor switch em on you... there u go.

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    I never switch after drawing. And I mean yes that pic that goes around in all the threads about switching pins is good and educational, but it is barely changed after 1 use. So IMO putting it into a vial to draw barely dulls it at all, not noticeable enuff that it causes extra pain. And like most of the people said, yuor doc never changes it, I dont think cleanliness is an issue if you draw and inject soon after. I have never had an issue and wouldnt bother ever unscrewing the pins to screw on a new one.

-Bino

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    always change the needle, keep sharp all the time,,,without doubt it does blunt it,,,they free anyway

ScottyShotty is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300
    always change the needle, keep sharp all the time,,,without doubt it does blunt it,,,they free anyway
    Thanks for the input. I was just wondering how REALLY neccessary it was to change and why exactly. I always change themanyway because I have 22 gauge only and somtimes when I do glutes I like to swirl it around

rlslmshdy is offline Junior Member
    go ahead and switch to a new needle, they're cheap and a new needle goes in like a hot knife in butter no pain at all!! So its like a no brainer to me!!

Thread Information