jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member

Macro Ratios While On Aas

hey guys, im in my 4th week of my first cycle. test e 500mg/week. anyway i been following the same 40/40/20(pro/carb/fat) bulking diet that i have been doing since before i started the cycle. i have upped the calories though. i was wondering if this is still a good ratio to be using while on gear. also is it still ok for me to split my meals into pro/fat and pro/carbs? thanks in advance

jdh
    anybody?

well personaly, depending on ur motabolism and ability to burn calories, youll need to eat alot. or a decent ammount. if your diet in check, step up your Calorie intake, Protien intake and carb intake. promote some growth bro!!

jdh
    my diet is spot on 95% of the time. i eat 49 meals a week and about 3 of those i cheat a bit. i was just wondering if thise is still a good ratio to use

jdh
    guess im he only one who is interested in this subject. i know you got to eat big but if your on aas or not you got to eat clean.

Jnrmrplymouth is offline Associate Member
    how much protein and carbs and calories a day are u taking in? Just my opinion here but carbs are tricky bastards. Depends on metabolism and ability to gain fat. If you put on fat easy then lowerish carbs are best, if your a hardgainer higher carbs are best. So to answer your question about carbs it all depends on your body.

jdh
    i eat 475g pro, 475g carbs, and like about 100g fat. like 4700 cals. im uping it up about 500 next week. i tend to put on fat easy but when im working out hard and consistently like i curently am i dont put it on very quick.

Quote Originally Posted by jdh
    i eat 475g pro, 475g carbs, and like about 100g fat. like 4700 cals. im uping it up about 500 next week. i tend to put on fat easy but when im working out hard and consistently like i curently am i dont put it on very quick.
    Wow thats alot of protein man. I dont know if your body will utilise all that efficiently. But if it works for you then great. You must be gaining like crazy off of 4700 cals a day. If you arent gaining weight off that then increase your carb intake. protein is high enough I think (maybe too high in my opinion but as I said if it works for you then stick with it). So if you dont gain weight increase carbs to 500-525. Tell us more about the protein situation and your choice to consume 475g daily.....

jdh
    well its about 2 times my body weight. i normally eat 1.5g per pound of body weight but thought that i should up it a bit since im using gear. im in my 6th week of bulking , 4 of which i have been on test. ive noticed some strength gains but only about 9 pounds, so im not really gaining like crazy. i think im gonna kick the calories up 500 next week because i have a very active job.

well its about 2 times my body weight. i normally eat 1.5g per pound of body weight but thought that i should up it a bit since im using gear. im in my 6th week of bulking , 4 of which i have been on test. ive noticed some strength gains but only about 9 pounds, so im not really gaining like crazy. i think im gonna kick the calories up 500 next week because i have a very active job.
    Keep the protein at 475g a day. If your going to up the calories add 50-100g of carbs per day which = 200-400 calories. May I ask what test you are using? 9lbs sounds pretty good but it depends what test you are using. Did you front load? Im asking all these questions because there may be no need to increase calories..........youve gained 9lbs..........maybe your too impatient. Can you list your cycle please?

jdh
    im using test e at 500mg/week. i didnt front load. i might be impatient but for 6 weeks of bulking , 2 of which were natural 9 pounds isnt impressive to me especially since some of its water.

im using test e at 500mg/week. i didnt front load. i might be impatient but for 6 weeks of bulking , 2 of which were natural 9 pounds isnt impressive to me especially since some of its water.
    9lbs after only 4 weeks of test? You should be quite happy about that as the test dont kick it fully until week 4-5. I think your being too impatient and hard on yourself. Once the test has kicked in you should start to see some impressive gains. Be patient..........your already on 4700 cals a day, thats alot and it maybe unecesary to add more.

Thread Information