Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hawkman44 is offline Associate Member

Anyone Who buys Roids on Internet ***Take a Look***

This is one of the top stories on CBS Sportsline.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report: Internet provides easy access to steroids
    Nov. 3, 2005
    CBS SportsLine.com wire reports

WASHINGTON -- Any teen with a computer and an e-mail address can obtain anabolic steroids and distributors face little chance of being caught, congressional investigators said in a report issued Thursday.

The Government Accountability Office study found the Internet makes it easy for mainly overseas distributors to avoid detection. And for those who are caught, the penalties are much lighter than for many other illegal drugs.

The report was released as the Zero Tolerance Roundtable, which brings together professional, college and high school athletic representatives, advocacy groups and parents of steroid victims, held its second meeting to address the growing problem of steroid use by young people.

The roundtable was formed by the House Government Reform Committee, chaired by Rep. Tom Davis, R-Va. He and ranking Democrat Henry Waxman of California requested the GAO study.

"Dangerous and illegal steroids are just a mouse click away," Waxman said. "Parents, teachers, and coaches are on the front lines in the fight against steroid abuse , and they need to know that young athletes and other youth have such easy access to these harmful substances."

Steroids build muscle but also can lead to heart attacks, strokes, cancer, sterility and mood swings. The use of most steroids without a doctor's prescription has been illegal since 1991.

Accusations of steroid use among major league baseball players spurred congressional interest this year. Davis, Waxman and other lawmakers say stringent testing is needed in pro sports leagues to ensure a level playing field and to show teens that performance-enhancing drugs aren't a way to a pro sports career.

Sens. Jim Bunning, R-Ky., and John McCain, R-Ariz., are sponsoring legislation calling for a two-year suspension of an athlete who fails a steroids test for the first time and a lifetime ban for a second offense. Athletes would be tested at least five times a year.

House bills with similar testing minimums and punishments have been proposed, including the Clean Sports Act of 2005 authored by Davis, whose panel held a March hearing with baseball stars Rafael Palmeiro and Mark McGwire and baseball officials including Commissioner Bud Selig.

The GAO report found there are hundreds of Web sites offering anabolic steroids . The anonymity of the Internet makes dealers difficult to find.

"Internet sites can be installed, moved, or removed easily and quickly, making it difficult for law enforcement agencies to identify, track, monitor, or shut them down," the report said.

Investigators looking into steroid sales placed and paid for 22 online orders using fictitious personal information. They received 10 shipments of steroids, all from outside the United States.

Law enforcement officials interviewed for the report said the foreign origin of the steroids makes them hard to track and noted that the Internet also makes it easy to market the drugs to young people.

Federal sentencing guidelines provide lighter penalties for steroid dealers. For example, someone convicted of selling 40,000 pills of an anabolic steroid faces only up to six months in jail while someone selling 40,000 pills of certain other controlled substances could get up to 41 months.

AP NEWS
    The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2004-2005, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    k???

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Congress should abolish all sports. haha. I hate reading this crap.

Darkness is offline Member
    Ahhh these fat lawmen can go F them selves, they should teach punks how to use them instead!

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    doesn't sound like any new info, just a news reporters way of getting some publicity by jumping on the steroid bashing bandwagon.

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    good thing most internet sites you can find via google are scams anyway. The stuff that they did receive was probably fake too!

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    the only sites that are reliable are not easily found

punchrf is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by longhorn814
    good thing most internet sites you can find via google are scams anyway. The stuff that they did receive was probably fake too!
    i believe the sentence for selling fake steroids is just as bad as if they were real.

elcapitan is offline Associate Member
    I like the 50% scammer rate 10 out of 20 orders arrived - classic.

Impitious is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness
    Ahhh these fat lawmen can go F them selves, they should teach punks how to use them instead!

marqui678 is offline Junior Member
    Fvkc big brother!!!!

It makes absolutely no sense to me...

They ban prohormones and steroids but yet chemicals such as nicotine, alcohol and caffeine flow through our society freely?

If they could find a way where you could obtain a licence in order to prescribe steroids to lifters who feel they want a competitive edge, they would have a huge industry. The person giving out the steroids would be in charge of monitoring the test and estrogen levels while also making sure the person does their PCT correctly.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    I second that.

I take back what I said...

If steroids were easy for people to get, than every moron walking around in the US would be ripped and huge.
    There would be no point to lifting anymore. Haha.

Tren Bull is offline Dbol Junkie
    damn, this sh_t really pisses me off. steroids are nowhere near as bad as the government wants everyone to think. its pretty funny that this article said that juice is not a way into professional sports. who the fu_k do they think they're fooling? anyway, gotta love the internet "steroids are just a mouse click away" for me thats true cause i got a very reliable and honest source. the only problem is saving up the 7-8 hundred dollars to pay for it.

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    "Steroids build muscle but also can lead to heart attacks, strokes, cancer, sterility and mood swings."

This line kills me. Mood swings maybe for some, but the rest is a gross generalization. Oh, and steroids do not "build muscle." Amazing to me how many people think just taking steroids will somehow magically build muscle.

Jesus Christ...

7-800?
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by eGGz
    "Steroids build muscle but also can lead to heart attacks, strokes, cancer, sterility and mood swings."

This line kills me. Mood swings maybe for some, but the rest is a gross generalization. Oh, and steroids do not "build muscle." Amazing to me how many people think just taking steroids will somehow magically build muscle.
    A friend of mine who never lifted a day in his life bought enough Winny for 3 months and did a few curls a night.

He complained everytime I saw him how he wasn't getting any bigger and did not know why.

24labor is offline Anabolic Member
    It's great to see this country going after the real monster those who use a little test, get some bacne and bench press a house rather than the ones who kill other for skimming a little coke off the top or the addicts who harm others just to get a fix

chest6 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eGGz

You didnt know? You dont have to touch a weight while taking steroids ..you just get bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    You didnt know? You dont have to touch a weight while taking steroids..you just get bigger.
    Thats what I thought

GHO5T is offline Senior Member
    no matter how much the media talk about the dangers or how steroids are bad for u, it all comes down to the person taking the gear.... if the user want to they will take gear no matter how much someone says that its bad for u...

And u hear all this crap on the news of how steroids killed and how steroids coused this and that.... but If the media focused more attention on givin more info out on how to use steroids safely, right dosages, length of cycles, and precautions to take it would b of more use to every1...

ne ways just my opinion...

Happy Lifting

ouchthathurts is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman44

Investigators looking into steroid sales placed and paid for 22 online orders using fictitious personal information. They received 10 shipments of steroids , all from outside the United States.

Law enforcement officials interviewed for the report said the foreign origin of the steroids makes them hard to track and noted that the Internet also makes it easy to market the drugs to young people.
    "Investigators looking into steroid sales placed and paid for 22 online orders using fictitious personal information. They received 10 shipments of steroids, all from outside the United States."

Ya know I read the whole article and this is the sentence that caught my eye. Even these morons got scammed. I think this line speaks volumes about buying your gear online. That's less than a coin toss...

Not to mention that as we speak, some Thai scammer is buying asian tail with my taxpayer dollars...
    Last edited by ouchthathurts; 11-03-2005 at 09:12 PM.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Steroids build muscle but also can lead to heart attacks, strokes, cancer, sterility and mood swings. The use of most steroids without a doctor's prescription has been illegal since 1991.
    steroids build muscle???? i only take them because i want a heart attack, stroke, cancer, sterility and mood swings....

stupid assholes... alcohol can cause all of that without the benefit of building muscle but u don't see them shuting down the bars and liquor stores...

ouchthathurts is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ouchthathurts
    "Investigators looking into steroid sales placed and paid for 22 online orders using fictitious personal information. They received 10 shipments of steroids , all from outside the United States."

Ya know I read the whole article and this is the sentence that caught my eye. Even these morons got scammed. I think this line speaks volumes about buying your gear online. That's less than a coin toss...

Not to mention that as we speak, some Thai scammer is buying asian tail with my taxpayer dollars...
    Oh and before I forget, three out of the five feds right now are saying to each other. Isn't this the best workout you ever had?!?

The other two had to leave early and are now at home spooning each other...

Quote Originally Posted by topvega
    steroids build muscle???? i only take them because i want a heart attack, stroke, cancer, sterility and mood swings....

stupid assholes... alcohol can cause all of that without the benefit of building muscle but u don't see them shuting down the bars and liquor stores...
    The only reason why AAS are illegal and cigs and alcohol is not is b/c the gov. makes money off that shit. If AAS was legal more people would use them but not like somking and drinking, they know that cigs/alcohol kills tons of people each year but if they took it off the market they lose out on $$$

Go Canucks Go is offline New Member
    Making it illegal only makes it much more dangerous. It increases the probability of fake drugs which give side effects and no results, and decreases steriliy and safety with stuff liek needles. If only they would educate instead of just ignorantly ban it, it would be a much safer and a potentially profitable commodity. However I don't think the word steroid will ever get rid of the negative stigma attatched to it.
    Go Nux

bignbald02 is offline Junior Member

yup

Quote Originally Posted by Impitious
    It makes absolutely no sense to me...

They ban prohormones and steroids but yet chemicals such as nicotine, alcohol and caffeine flow through our society freely?

If they could find a way where you could obtain a licence in order to prescribe steroids to lifters who feel they want a competitive edge, they would have a huge industry. The person giving out the steroids would be in charge of monitoring the test and estrogen levels while also making sure the person does their PCT correctly.
    Amen, to that bro!

bignbald02 is offline Junior Member
    at least if young punks are ordering on the good boards they will know to through some test in their cycles! hahaha

eGGz is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chest6
    You didnt know? You dont have to touch a weight while taking steroids..you just get bigger.
    Crap, I've been doing it wrong all this time.
    Last edited by eGGz; 11-04-2005 at 01:48 AM.

BlInDsIdE is offline "ARs Most Dangerous Member"
    y don't the politicians focus on whats really killing people and harming society - tobacco, alcohol, and obesity. The death toll every yr from auto accidents is something like 50000 how many people did steroids kill last yr? I fvckin hate when shiit gets banned cause some fat@ss politician wants publicity

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    Some of my favorites and my comments below them

WASHINGTON -- Any teen with a computer and an e-mail address can obtain anabolic steroids .

> Really? Damn kids find the best sites, I keep getting peanut oil instead of Deca!

Distributors face little chance of being caught, congressional investigators said in a report issued Thursday.

>> Go figure I thought maybe they would fly right over to "God only knows where they are" and arrest them. No reason to get Coke and Crack off the street, lets spend all out time and go after the guys that like working out.

The Government Accountability Office study found the Internet makes it easy for mainly overseas distributors to avoid detection. And for those who are caught, the penalties are much lighter than for many other illegal drugs.

>> Gosh did they say it twice in a row for a dramatic effect or what.. Steroid steroids steroids are bad bad bad bad (imagine a fading echo there)

The report was released as the Zero Tolerance Roundtable

>> the only thing ROUND at this table for the beer bellies of the lard asses making up the rules.

Which brings together professional, college and high school athletic representatives, advocacy groups and parents of steroid victims,

>> Parents of Steroid Victims.. All you people here better call your mom and dad and say you are sorry for what you are doing to yourselves.

held its second meeting to address the growing problem of steroid use by young people.

>> why don't they hold a meeting about the millions of people dying from being overweight and not exercising at all every year.. I would guess that more than 1000X the number of deaths from steroid "abuse" comes from being just plain fat and lazy.. no I do not have medical facts on this but it is my guess

The roundtable was formed by the House Government Reform Committee, chaired by Rep. Tom Davis, R-Va. He and ranking Democrat Henry Waxman of California requested the GAO study.

>> Maybe someone should point Waxman to AAR Store so he can grow some hair back http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Waxman damn juicer!

"Dangerous and illegal steroids are just a mouse click away," Waxman said.

>> That is going to make me stop taking them today.. I am not even going to do PCT I am so scared now.

"Parents, teachers, and coaches are on the front lines in the fight against steroid abuse , and they need to know that young athletes and other youth have such easy access to these harmful substances."

>> The problem is these guys can't fight because they have a beer in one hand and a donut in the other.

Steroids build muscle

>> Without working out?? Sweet!!

but also can lead to heart attacks, strokes, cancer, sterility and mood swings.

>> Oh see there they go again always bring up the negative

The use of most steroids without a doctor's prescription has been illegal since 1991.

>> Yeah for doctors

Accusations of steroid use among major league baseball players spurred congressional interest this year. Davis, Waxman and other lawmakers say stringent testing is needed in pro sports leagues to ensure a level playing field and to show teens that performance-enhancing drugs aren't a way to a pro sports career.

>> It might not be a way in but if you want to be any good .. J/K.. But just think of this.. how cool would it be to go to a football or baseball game where everyone was so juiced that they would be ripping each other apart on the field.. oh wait that already happens.

Sens. Jim Bunning, R-Ky., and John McCain, R-Ariz., are sponsoring legislation calling for a two-year suspension of an athlete who fails a steroids test for the first time and a lifetime ban for a second offense. Athletes would be tested at least five times a year.

>> All this will lead to is cheating on the drug tests and/or designer steroids.

House bills with similar testing minimums and punishments have been proposed, including the Clean Sports Act of 2005 authored by Davis, whose panel held a March hearing with baseball stars Rafael Palmeiro and Mark McGwire and baseball officials including Commissioner Bud Selig.

>> what?!?!?! McGuire does this crap?? I thought he said he only did creatine?

The GAO report found there are hundreds of Web sites offering anabolic steroids . The anonymity of the Internet makes dealers difficult to find.

>> Again with the repeating

"Internet sites can be installed, moved, or removed easily and quickly, making it difficult for law enforcement agencies to identify, track, monitor, or shut them down," the report said.

>> Yup and it takes two minutes to update DNS setting and get a site running again on a different server.. idiots

Investigators looking into steroid sales placed and paid for 22 online orders using fictitious personal information. They received 10 shipments of steroids, all from outside the United States.

>> I wonder if they came to AAR to do a source check? I bet if they did they would not have gotten ripped off so many times.

>> Here we go again.. I guess if you say it enough times it makes it true

Federal sentencing guidelines provide lighter penalties for steroid dealers. For example, someone convicted of selling 40,000 pills of an anabolic steroid faces only up to six months in jail while someone selling 40,000 pills of certain other controlled substances could get up to 41 months.

>> that sounds like crap to me.. I have heard of guys getting tons more time for selling AAS than coke..

Okay I have said my peace.. I am outta here

Oldman
    Last edited by oldman; 11-03-2005 at 10:08 PM.

ranran is offline Junior Member
    You know, at some point when you have heard all of the same regurgitated propoganda over and over and over...........it does cause you to stop and reconsider the steroids that you have been putting in your body and the effects they have had on you.

Yes, It does make one think, what if ? .................like what if for my next cycle I do a gram of test/week and 650mgs tren /week and throw in some anavar and winny toward the end of the 12 weeks .... ah to hell with the 12 weeks---did someone say lifer ?

Ran

james21 is offline Anabolic Member
    blah blah and here is a link to squirells on crack

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,172612,00.html

U.K. Squirrels Are Nuts About Crack
    Tuesday, October 18, 2005

It's every city dweller's worst fear: rodents on crack.

Squirrels in Brixton, South London, have been observed behaving bizarrely — and authorities there believe it may be because they're hooked on crack cocaine hidden by addicts, according to the London Sun.

A recent crackdown by cops on dealers and addicts is thought to have inspired users to start hiding their stashes in the ground — which the squirrels are digging up.

"My neighbor said dealers had used my garden to hide crack," one Brixton resident told the Sun.

"Just an hour earlier I'd seen a squirrel digging in the flower-beds," the resident told the paper. "It was ill-looking and its eyes looked bloodshot, but it kept on desperately digging. It seems a strange thing to say, but it seemed to know what it was looking for."

So-called "crack squirrels" are already acknowledged as a problem in American cities such as Washington, D.C., and New York.

— Thanks to Out There reader Matt H.

(Story continues below)

They put anything in the news.... thats the job to make something out of nothing

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    advocacy groups and parents of steroid victims
    WTF?????????? I didn't know steroids vicitmized people, what do they slip into your room at night and inject themselves into you bloodstream. Very scary shit, I'm gonna have to start sleeping with the bathroom door locked, wouldn't want those evil cocksuckers coming out and victimizing me.
    Last edited by shortie; 11-04-2005 at 10:13 AM.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist

These guys are such good cops they only got scammed 55% of the time. LMFAO, no wonder they can't do anything about the meth problem.

Darkness is offline Member
    The problem with taking steroids is what we see here everyday and what again everyday someone knowledgeable advises against. Teenagers, and idiots that want to do oral only cycles and stack 17aa's like something fierce. The problem is not steroids people, its IGNORANCE.

Ohh and: "Steroids build muscle but also can lead to heart attacks, strokes, cancer, sterility and mood swings."
    Alcohol, can lead to all of this and mood swings too, boose kills more people, not just the consumers. Drunk drivers kill, bar fights can kill, etc, etc... Get the point?

Just because of this I'm gonna buy some more and stock it. Too the haters

Long live the sauce!

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by james21
    blah blah and here is a link to squirells on crack

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,172612,00.html

U.K. Squirrels Are Nuts About Crack
    Tuesday, October 18, 2005

It's every city dweller's worst fear: rodents on crack.

Squirrels in Brixton, South London, have been observed behaving bizarrely — and authorities there believe it may be because they're hooked on crack cocaine hidden by addicts, according to the London Sun.

A recent crackdown by cops on dealers and addicts is thought to have inspired users to start hiding their stashes in the ground — which the squirrels are digging up.

"My neighbor said dealers had used my garden to hide crack," one Brixton resident told the Sun.

"Just an hour earlier I'd seen a squirrel digging in the flower-beds," the resident told the paper. "It was ill-looking and its eyes looked bloodshot, but it kept on desperately digging. It seems a strange thing to say, but it seemed to know what it was looking for."

So-called "crack squirrels" are already acknowledged as a problem in American cities such as Washington, D.C., and New York.

— Thanks to Out There reader Matt H.

(Story continues below)

They put anything in the news.... thats the job to make something out of nothing
    crackhead squirrels LMAO!

bigbadbootydaddy is offline Associate Member
    The problem with taking steroids is what we see here everyday and what again everyday someone knowledgeable advises against. Teenagers, and idiots that want to do oral only cycles and stack 17aa's like something fierce. The problem is not steroids people, its IGNORANCE.

Ohh and: "Steroids build muscle but also can lead to heart attacks, strokes, cancer, sterility and mood swings."
    Alcohol, can lead to all of this and mood swings too, boose kills more people, not just the consumers. Drunk drivers kill, bar fights can kill, etc, etc... Get the point?

Just because of this I'm gonna buy some more and stock it. Too the haters

Long live the sauce!

I'll second that............................

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    Even the Feds order online. This tells us that about 50% of online steroid stores are valid. Good information to know. Thanks! We'll se ya at the gym!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information