Baller9 is offline Associate Member

Arrow Calculating Water Weight

Is there any way to calculate how much water weight vs. muscle I have put on?

I started 5'11" 167lbs and now 2 wks later I am 177lbs while taking 300mg Enth/wk and 40mg Var ED. It appears to be pretty lean gain, but it was too quick to not be some bloat and fat...I just don't know how much.

My goal is to end up at a solid/quality 175lbs after PCT, but do to my sport, I don't want to gain too much weight and have to do major cutting before the season.

you can get "hydrostatically tested"(they dunk you in a metal spa type deal fully submerged for a little bit and then they give you a computer print out of your body composition: fat%, lean body mass, total weight, etc. you'll have to do one now and then at the end of your cycle for comparison, it's about $30 to do it one time.

MYOGENIC is offline New Member

Water

Baller-

It's nearly impossible to find out exactly how much water your storing. Your body is comprised of about 60.4-70% Water, 20% Fat, 15% of Protein and 5% for minerals. You tend to hold water due to sodium ions that are trapped subcutaneously. Being hydrated and in balance is how your body functions properly.

Lets say hypothetically you are 9% BodyFat. And you want to be 6%BF.
    167(.09-.06)=.03
    167*.03= 5.01( FAT )
    167-5.01= 161.99 Fat-Free Mass

You can probably bank on that your holding about 10-11.5 pounds of water...
    161.99-11.5= 150.49 target weight, being that you have pretty solid cuts.

Being a baseball player, I'm assuming, unless your going to do a show I would stick to just focusing on baseball. It takes a lot of your strength and power, out of you, if you start cutting down on weight. Especially water. I would hate for you to sacrifice performance and speed, just to look good. Do what you must, just tellin' ya from experience.

Baller9 is offline Associate Member
    Myo, thanks for taking the time to write a thoughtful response. Definitely helps me understand my body comp. better. Like you said, it's not in my best interest to cut down to competition weight, instead I am just trying to get a feel for what I have gained so far in water weight so that I can get an idea of how much more I need to gain to reach my desired weight/composition. Basically, how much non-muscle I can expect to lose post cycle.

Thread Information