Thread: input please

musclestack is offline Productive Member

input please

First off, sorry that this thread is in the wrong forum, but I put it in the supplement forum and got zero responses, and since this is where the general population is, I figured I'd give it a shot here.

OK, I do not like to eat a whole lot right before I go lift (sh**ty feeling IMO). I lift in the evenings to work around my school and work schedules. Soooo, right after my workout, I take a weight gainer w/about 650 calories in it. My question is: am I benefiting from the calorie intake that late in the evening (I go to bed about 2 hours after my workout, which means I drink the weight gainer about an hour 1/2 before bed)? Will all of these calories before bedtime promote fat gain, or will my body metabolize and utilize these calories as if I were awake???

Thanks, just don't wanna get fat,
    MS

musclestack is offline Productive Member

bump

bump, and it starts again...

Lunacy is offline Member
    Nothing wrong with that. You need some simple sugars in your PWO. Most recommend 2x as much sugar (dexrose) as protein. If you can, 1 hour after the shake, try to eat before you go to sleep. And no, you wont store it as fat as long as you workout that day.

Thread Information