Thread: Muscle Memory

bjf17 is offline Junior Member

Muscle Memory

It's been a while since I hit the gym. I'm almost 5'11 and was about 218. I was just as strong or stonger than the guys who were on the stuff. I got some obt from a friend and only had two injections. immediately in that short time frame they noticed that I had gotten bigger (you could notice a change in 3 days), then a bad bike wreck. Now 9 years later terrible relationship over, I'm about 170 but still muscular. thinking about going back to the gym. My question is since muscles have memory and I grow fast anyway, do you think it would work to take one full cycle of sus as I begin all over just to get back to normal. I mean same diet routine the works.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    No, don't start a cycle right away. Build a base back up for a few months first. You don't wan't to grow too fast and hurt yourself.

Welcome to the board.

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    def just get back itno the swing of things for a while. get your training and diet in check then, if you still need it, cyle baby

PRAMANIS is offline Junior Member
    No way! After a 9 year break and 48lbs lighter I would say you don't have muscle memory left. At this point you need to start all over again. I would lift naturally for at least a year with proper nutrition to see if you can get your weight back up to 215 then juice if you want too. If you just jump right into juice you are no dought going to injure yourself. IMO

Do you mean the tendons and ligs? What kind or injures are you talking about? If so what about a single like obt instead of the combo sus?

Gra
    Gra is offline Member
    You`ll probably have some good gains without it so I would say wait.

Thx for the info. It's kind of hard when your friends and family say you look sick. Lesson learned - when you choose your mate if it's broken DO NOT TRY TO FIX IT! You will be the one to pay the price.

madflabby is offline Associate Member
    B.S. Muscle memory is a real thing, you'll get strong/BIG quick all natural if you work out for about 4 or 5 months, if you're jonesing for a cycle I'd plan one for March. You'll get your muscle back in 4 months.

Lunacy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by madflabby
    B.S. Muscle memory is a real thing, you'll get strong/BIG quick all natural if you work out for about 4 or 5 months, if you're jonesing for a cycle I'd plan one for March. You'll get your muscle back in 4 months.
    Agree. Give it a month, then throw some creatine in there. I bet you will see the numbers rise fast. Make sure you are eating a lot! Go to the diet forum and look at the how to bulk sticky at the stop of the page. Read it, disect it and use it as a guidline for how you should be eating. It's 90% diet with or without juice. Try the without for a while bro, then you can jump back on the juice after you get a year under your belt.

Reprisal 6 is offline Associate Member
    Your body is going to act and respond different now than 9 years ago. Until you get in there and train for a while you won't know what to expect 9 years later. As everyone else has said, I'd wait a little while to you get back on your feet.
    Last edited by Reprisal 6; 11-05-2005 at 01:44 PM.

I know this might be a stupid ques. Since I was already big. should I hold more of it if after a cycle? Just a rook asking questions.

OldPLer is offline Associate Member
    Your muscles do have memory left, I did not touch a weight for 3 years and it took about 6 months to get back to where I was comfortable with my look, but it did come back. Lunacy was right about following diet and using creatine. Then after 6 months you can make a decision on AAS.

A few things..........muscle memory after 9 years if you are naturally lean as you say, could come into play with respect to the fact that you have created neural muscular pathways when you trained hard before that should be dormant now but receptive to the stresses of working out and respond quicker than had you been a novice. Another thing to remember about aas...........you asked about tendons and ligaments, good question. Muscles are by nature strongest in the bellies of the muscle (middle part), they are much weaker at the points of insertion (where they meet the joint). For example, a bicept is strongest where the bulge is the biggest, go up to the shoulder or down towards the elbow (points of insertion) and you get significantly weaker. This is why many who rush into cycles get hurt, as they can handle the weight load due to sudden increased strengths but the tendons (which connect muscles to bones at the points of insertion) take a beating and if you overdo it, and it's easy to do when strength comes fast, you are now nursing an injury. Build a base, at least 6 months, then do your thing.

STEVO 47 is offline Banned
    If you grow fast and are as big as the guy's on juice, then why even
    go there.

Just to get it back in a shorter time frame. But apparently from the posts this would be a bad thing. I'm going to find out just how weak I've become tom. morning. Yikes!!

mx747 is offline Associate Member
    The answer to your question is pretty clear as you can see by your responces. I suggest you research the hell out of this website wile your building your base back up. Theres *ss loads of info and updated facts that you probably havent learned about being out of the game for so long.
    Good luck!!

Thread Information