Thread: lifting

newbierthri is offline New Member

lifting

My buddy and me are going to both begin our first cycle in about a week. We've got all the supplies. We're going to be doing the standard test e. cycle, 500mg a week. Ok, now my question is that neither of us is really sure how we should go about lifting and I guess it really comes down to one question. How many times can you train a body part a week while on cycle?

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    bro, just train as u would but heavyer , dont try and go balls out u will just overtrain. no more then 4days a week , in and out of there 50 min max.

yeah i know what u mean, i would want to go balls out to get my money's worth but not if im gonna risk overtraining. This kind of goes along the lines of my question before, i lift 5 days a week, mon-chest, tues-legs, wed-back, thurs-shoulders, and fri-arms. And my friend lifts total body mwf. So should we both keep doing what we're doing?

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    lite workouts get lite results.

you need intense.
    this works well for me.

Monday- Back, Legs
    Tuesday- Chest, Shoulders, Bi's, Tri's
    Wednesday- Abs
    Thursday- Back, Legs
    Friday- Chest, Shoulders, Bi's, Tri's
    Saturday- Abs
    Sunday- off

do 6-8 reps with the heaviest weight that you can. you should feel like you want to quit around the 4th or 5th rep. it should be that hard.

rest is important between workouts. the plan I suggest above gives you 3days/4days off between exercises

Don't try to do a full body workout in one session. most of the time you will end up slacking on your workout just to get to the next muscle group. it is just too much to try to accomplish and has less benefit than splitting it up.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    everyones different... i respond better to 5 on 2 off... sometimes i go 6 on 1 off for a week or two... then if i feel a little wiped i drop to 4 on 2 off... u have to find out what works best for u... don't be afraid to switch it up also....

now does the routine change once pct begins?

vein-x is offline Associate Member
    Good thread for training on cycle. Quick question for on-cycle training:

After doing my heaviest set, I'll drop down to a moderately light weight and go as many reps as I can to finish off the muscle, drop-sets. After 2-3 minutes rest, after the light weight drop set, sometimes I'll go back up to a heavier weight and drop back down to the light weight again to further finish it all off. Is this reccommended? What type of sets are OPTIMAL on-cycle? You're recovering better, so why not train ever harder to put on more mass?

Thanks for any input.

heavylifter99 is offline Junior Member
    Its all about getting the blood flowing in your muscles, warm up properly train hard, I suggest doing four sets for everything you do, 3 working sets with the last set, I call a pump set.For your pump set go a little lighter prob what you started your first set with, or maybe drop it down 10-20 pounds under that, find your rhythm and go... pump the last set out, its about getting your heart rate up as well. Good luck...

smiler is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavinco
    lite workouts get lite results.

you need intense.
    this works well for me.

Monday- Back, Legs
    Tuesday- Chest, Shoulders, Bi's, Tri's
    Wednesday- Abs
    Thursday- Back, Legs
    Friday- Chest, Shoulders, Bi's, Tri's
    Saturday- Abs
    Sunday- off

do 6-8 reps with the heaviest weight that you can. you should feel like you want to quit around the 4th or 5th rep. it should be that hard.
    eveyone is different of course. if I train legs there is no way I could train back the same day and visa versa. for me legs and back are the heavyest most intense and I am totally exhuasted after either.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    for me legs have their own day and back gets trained with bi's... tri's with chest, and traps with delts...

rodge is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    training split:

mon: chest/ delts(side,front)
    tues: back/ rear delts/traps
    wed: legs
    thurs: bicep/tricep
    fri: deadlifts and a rowing exercise(ie tbar or bend over rows) and some extra delts
    sat: rest
    sun: rest

-rodge

smiler is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rodge nl.
    training split:

mon: chest/ delts(side,front)
    tues: back/ rear delts/traps
    wed: legs
    thurs: bicep/tricep
    fri: deadlifts and a rowing exercise(ie tbar or bend over rows) and some extra delts
    sat: rest
    sun: rest

-rodge
    you don't do your friday lifts with back on tues?

Quote Originally Posted by smiler
    eveyone is different of course. if I train legs there is no way I could train back the same day and visa versa. for me legs and back are the heavyest most intense and I am totally exhuasted after either.
    back can be put on the other days with chest and arms. Personally I have found that my leg day ends short and my upper body does not need to be done all in one day either. my schedule works well for me. It may work well for others and it may need to be adjusted for some too, but I think it provides an understanding of how to workout every muscle group 2 times a week.

Quote Originally Posted by vein-x
    Good thread for training on cycle. Quick question for on-cycle training:

After doing my heaviest set, I'll drop down to a moderately light weight and go as many reps as I can to finish off the muscle, drop-sets. After 2-3 minutes rest, after the light weight drop set, sometimes I'll go back up to a heavier weight and drop back down to the light weight again to further finish it all off. Is this reccommended? What type of sets are OPTIMAL on-cycle? You're recovering better, so why not train ever harder to put on more mass?

Thanks for any input.
    More intense workouts while on juice is the idea here.

I do at times finish my sets with lower weights upon failure. It does work well when you don't have a spotter especially.

for bulking I might do 6-8 reps with heavy weight and sometimes 3-5 more reps lighter weight to finish set and around 5 sets.

good information guys, but what happens, training wise, once the cycle ends, do you lighten up? keep the same routine? change reps? somehow go into maintence mode or something?

Smiley619 is offline Member
    keep the same routine during pct. if you wanna change it up after do so. its all up to you.whatever you respond best to is what you should be doing.its all about trial and error.i like to train one body part a day.

mon-chest
    tues-back
    wed-legs
    thurs-arms/abs
    fri-shoulder/traps

i switch it up of course on the weekly basis,never repeating anything.this works great for me as well as my friends.but imo dont run the cycle until you know what you are responding to the best.

Thread Information