Thread: Muscular gains

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~

Muscular gains

Some of you guys claim you "blow up" on test, and on your first cycle (standard test e or cyp 500mg/wk cycle) you gained 20-30 lbs bodyweight, while others claim you should be lucky if you get 5 solid lbs, as that is a substantial gain. I am not going to question your word, but I do find gaining 20+lbs hard to believe, at least when subtracting water weight and fat gains.

I would just like some honest thoughts about how much bodyweight you gained on this type cycle, what weeks of your 10-12wk cycle did most weight gain take place, and what your before and after bodyfat was.

It seems even one pound of muscle can make a noticeable difference in physique and strength.

Dalton5 is offline Associate Member
    I gained close to 30 pounds and with the help of creatine kept pretty well all of it, however I was starting from a little frame (around 150 pnds) and made drastic changes to my eating and lifestyle. Oh, and this was with a pretty low dose test e cycle. I imagine gaining weight from here on in will be a much bigger challenge though.

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    fisrt cycle i gained 20 some pounds. used ldex and nolva throughout and kept getting comments on how i looked like i slimed up a bit... never thought to get bf tested before and after so an estimate of how much i gained was actual muscle isn;t possible... i ended up keeping roughly 16 pounds so.. ki was happy

Lunacy is offline Member
    Mike, I am starting week 3 Sunday and I am already up 12lbs as of yesterday. Hell, I still have 10 full weeks to go and I am up 12 pounds! I know some is water, but I dont see a lot of extra bf. I can definitly see where people can gain 30 pounds on a cycle like mine...500mgs test e everyweek. I have to imagine all your gains are due to diet. I eat so much all day long and toward the end of the day, those last few meals make me want to puke I am so full, but I keep spooning that food in my mouth. Eight meals a day sucks, but it is getting the job done in a major way. Hope this helps.

Smiley619 is offline Member
    first run of test e @500 and eq @400 gained about 16-17 pounds, kept 14.pretty solid gains. the only ppl i see gaining 20-30 pounds on a reg cycle are usually ppl who have lil to no base then start juicin.

Lunacy is offline Member
    by the way, I am 5'9" and 190lbs at the start with %bf is ~14 max maybe less, and I now weight 202. I have a great base to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley619
    first run of test e @500 and eq @400 gained about 16-17 pounds, kept 14.pretty solid gains. the only ppl i see gaining 20-30 pounds on a reg cycle are usually ppl who have lil to no base then start juicin.
    Yeah, people I hear that gain 20-30 are usually guys without much training weighing around 150lbs. I have gained alot of weight already actually up 17 lbs from cycle beginning, but I must make a few comments on the 17 lbs. Ten of those pounds was gotten with a 2 week dbol kickstart, and about 4-5 of the other pounds has been pure fat. It has a little to do with estrogen, but mostly when I was drinking a big gainer drink that little did I know had maltodextrin, which has GI of 137 (extremely high). At start of cycle I was around 10% bf now im 16%. It won't be hard getting my weight back down after I throw out that maltodextrin, tighten my diet, add a little cardio, and planning on adding some clen (also to help my slight asthma, which is the medical intent).

So I am somewhat skeptical about test e. It seems all my weight gain was from consuming to much sugar and dbol (which I have used in the past with great success, tho quite stressful on liver and cholesterol).

I am noticing other benefits of the test e on my mood, focus, oily skin, actually slightly less acne, beard growth seems quicker too, oh yeah and libido . I just thought the weight gain would be more. One person I talked too, said the test e was probably solidfying my gains from the dbol . Any thoughts about that statement?

Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    I am noticing other benefits of the test e on my mood, focus, oily skin, actually slightly less acne, beard growth seems quicker too, oh yeah and libido . I just thought the weight gain would be more. One person I talked too, said the test e was probably solidfying my gains from the dbol. Any thoughts about that statement?
    This is why I recommend test as a cycle base, it just seems its not so good as the whole cycle (ie not stacked).

Lunacy is offline Member
    What's your macro and cal intake look like Mike?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunacy
    Don't have it specifically broken down. I know I get at least 200g protein per day, usually more. I eat several servings of oats each day, because it has good fiber and low GI carbs. I also eat extra tree nuts and take omega fatty acids supplements each day. I usually avoid any type of high GI foods, and my GP doctor told me this too. Also many fruits, 1 gal water, and some vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunacy
    I am open to any ways to get more calories, but obviously most weight gainer supplement products just make me fat and are bad for my health. Also, 200g protein and 1 gal water is minimum for me per day.

Dalton5 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike
    I am noticing other benefits of the test e on my mood, focus, oily skin, actually slightly less acne, beard growth seems quicker too, oh yeah and libido . I just thought the weight gain would be more. One person I talked too, said the test e was probably solidfying my gains from the dbol. Any thoughts about that statement?
    This was def. true for me.....I gained almost half of my total gains in the first two weeks with a little dbol , however kept it all in the end so the test e must solidified the weight.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    i noticed my gains week to week were relative to how well i stuck to my diet... yeah i know... i m a rocket scientist... but there were weeks where i knew i wasn't eating enuff and the scale showed it... other weeks i was on fire as far as eating goes and i wld put on 5lbs in a week no problem.. i take in around 5000 cal a day so it is a chore and eating isn't much fun anymore... last 2 weeks i dropped my calories down to about 3500/4000 a day. i now have my 6 pack back. it's not shredded but it's back.

Thread Information