jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member

Dextrose For Pwo While Using Aas?

anyway if any of you have seen some of my past post's you might recall that im 4 weeks into my first cycle of test e 500/mg week. so ive been using dextrose as part of my pwo drink for over a year now and have loved it. i continue to use it into my cycle. so for the past 2 weeks after i have consumed it about a half hour later i get a raging headache(feels like my head is in a vise). i was wondering if this insulin spike im causing by using it combined with the gear might be giving me these headaches. anyone else experience this? is it not a good idea spiking your insulin like that while on aas? thanks guys.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    I've personally never experienced anything like that bro, and have used dextose with AAS.

Wonder what else, if anything, could be causing it?

jdh
    the reason i posted this is because someone over in the diet forum posted that he was having headaches after drinking dextrose. i asked if he was using aas but didnt get a reply yet.

mranak is offline Associate Member
    Testosterone generally helps in the blood sugar department.

But if the dextrose in the shakes is giving you a headache, then just drop it. But make sure you take in some carbs with your PWO shake. You could try table sugar...still a very high GI but not as high as dextrose. Or you could just take in some non-sugar carbs....not the end of the world.

If I put dextrose in my shake, I often get nauseous. So I generally skip it.

Baba is offline Associate Member
    I used dextrose in my pwo shakes as well and I've never felt anything like that.

jdh
    yeah, i been using it for over a year, didnt start until 2 weeks into my cycle. thought maybe there was a correlation with the elevated test and spiking my insulin through the roof.

Thread Information