SUPERDAVE is offline Banned

heighth from roids?

i was reading in anabolics 2000 and it said that steroids that do not convert to estrogen will not close off growth plates. Steroids such as anavar , winny, and fina were a few mentioned. D- bol is said to readily convert to estrogen.
    I have done two cycles of dbol
    one my sophomore year and one my junior year
    Since then i have grown 2 inches. i had a bone scan done for a broken vertebrae. After examining it, the doctor informed me that my growth plates were very active, meaning i'm still growing
    I am currently 17
    stats are as follows:

6'2"
    200lbs
    10%bf
    bench 210*8
    squat 285*6
    deadlift 345*6
    I have just started yesterday on fina dmso at 6 pellets a day
    train hard, eat hard, sleep hard,

CAN SOMEONE MAKE HEADS OR TAILS OF THIS HEIGHTH THING?

MindBomb is offline Member
    Without the usage of AAS you may have grown 6" instead of 2". No matter what you've done in the past, don't look for an approval on usage by teens. I personall belive that you'll do more damage than good at such a young age.

I'm not looking for some old mans approval or a pat on the back!
    I'm just wondering if one of you old farts have any scientific or anecdotal evidence that might prove that certain steroids do not cause premature closure of growth plates.

I'm going to juice regardless or you're answer or you're "wait till you're 25" I'm just a little confused on this heighth issue and would appreciate it if someone cleared it up for me.
    thank you

solid90062 is offline Member
    Mindbomb is respected here. He was just telling you the truth. There is no reason to be rude to someone who is just telling you a truth you dont want to hear.
    People here for the most part will give you information based on experience. We are not exactly the library, however some members may have the info you are looking for tucked away somewhere.
    Whether or not you get your anectdotal or scientific information, you have the wrong attitude to attract much help.

bizznach is offline Associate Member
    sgfury, dude uv only been lifting for a year or a year and a half, i know superdave ya he is 17 but he has been lifting way longer than u. and he knows his crap and his diet is in place and his training. i dont think ur ready if uv only been lifting for a year and a half. ru going to give up ur gear beacuse of what i say no?? no way. so dont hate on him all he wants is a answer to a simple Qs (no flame intended) and unless u know more than "anabolics 2000" not all roids stunt ur growth

kingjohn is offline New Member
    I have a friend that used AAS during his hs years. He has 3 brothers. They stand well over 6' tall each. My friend is maybe 5'9". But his FEET, which as I understand are not affected by AAS in term of growth, are size 13" like his brothers. He has stubby legs and a long torso. the dovc told him he really fucked up his growth with heavy adrogens.

he has trid hgh to eek out any extra growth. Thousands of $$$$ later he got a 1/2 inch.

Still wanna take that chance?

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    if your so imature that you cant take someones opinion without getting rude and with out name calling. You arent mature enough to make a solid decision about your future and health.

Also someones size doesnt make them smarter. The bigger guy doesnt always know more. People have different goals. But it seems that thats the attitude you have so, How much do you know if your 6'2 and 200 after 2 cycles starting your 3rd. Sounds kinda skinny to me. Maybe if you researched more and had better training and diet you would weigh 200 naturally
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

bigwillster is offline Associate Member
    I think these teens haven't read the rules the forum. Most of the people here are mature and helpful and it pisses me off when these "know it all" teens come in here with attitudes of 12 yr olds. You guys are in the wrong forum thinking you're gonna get advice with that sh@tty attitute. BTW don't disrespect members such as mindbomb who know his sh@t a lot more than you narrow minds will ever know.

First of all, I just wanted a FUCKING answer to my question.
    Is that so hard for you guys.

Second, I don't even consider dbol a cycle. i took it twice for only 5 weeks.

Third, i am just going by a highly respected book on steroids . Go read it yourself.

Fourth,i am been reading posts on AR for over a year. I've read, and read, and read. Just cause i don't post doesn't mean im not learning

Fifth, what the fuck sgfury? Im in the same boat as you? You just happen to have a couple years on me. And possibly better genetics.I consider myself a normal gainer

Lastly, I didn't mean disrespect to mindbomb. I sure he knows his shit, a more detailed response wouldn't have pissed me off so much. I ask a question and i get a short, brief, opinion. I guess i expected too much out of the members here. Please i anyone has an answer to my question please pm me. and thank you to kingjohn for at least trying to help

solid90062 is offline Member
    Anavar will not close his growth plates from what I have been reading. There's your "fucking" answer.
    The members here are trying to tell you not to do it--People who already have plenty of cycle experience. Its not because they want to exclude you from an "elite club of juicers", but because (even though you & your buddy have been rude, immature, and snotty) they remember when they were your age and somehow care about a younger generation and DONT wanna see you guys get fucked up.

However the one thing I have to say about an Anavar only cycle is that its a waste of time and money. You can gain MORE with Protein, creatine, and Glutamine, especially at your age right now. Your nuts have you going on a low test cycle naturally at your current age, and anavar is enough to stop that. So my opinion is that you will be losing more than you gain AND risking an adverse effect from a drug.

EVERYONE THINKS they know their shit and have their diet and Exercise on par. However when an experts takes your shit apart then you will really know. There is a reason Nutritionists and Exercise Physiologists get paid to do what they do. Even pros take advice.

We know that youre not listening to anyone right now, and that you THINK you can handle it, etc. We were the same way. You go ahead and do what you want to do, but understand there are risks. (AND that your gains will be better naturally with P/C/G; that you will shut down your natural Testosterone , and that you were major ASSHOLES to people who were only looking out for your best intersests.)

And another thing, Anabolics 2002 is not always right...There are some serious steroid experts who frequent these boards who have picked certain passages apart AND backed it up with scientific research.
    Last edited by solid90062; 05-10-2002 at 01:37 PM.

Pembo is offline Junior Member
    I am 21 never done a cycle because of all the info on here about the benefits of waiting and achieving what you can naturally then pressing ahead when your ready.

Your only 17 and sound in great shape. Waiting 4 or 5 years now seems a long time but your probably going to live till your 80 so it's only 1/20 of your total lifetime. CHILL, WORKOUT HARD AND ENJOY SOME FEMALE ACTION.

Although some gear might not close up your plates that isn't the only thing to worry about when your a teen taking gear, try to understand why EVERYONE IS COMMING WITH THE SAME MESSAGE!!! Look after yourself.

Thread Information