IRNMAD is offline Associate Member

acne with clomid

Almost done with my PCT and I was wondering why my acne on my back and legs has not gone away yet.

slitsoul13 is offline Associate Member
    it may take a few weeks to start clearing up, post pct it should start to clear up, it may not be from the clomid / just post cycle in general

THE PUMP is offline Member
    clomid makes my acne worse thats why i dont use it anymore and it usually takes my acne 6 to 8 weeks to fully clear after pct.

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    It's not really the CLOMID making you break out. It's your hormones!!! For me, it takes months for my acne to clear up. It sucks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buylongterm
    It's not really the CLOMID making you break out.
    thats a bold and incorrect statement. Clomifin is a hormone, its a SERM (selective estrogen receptor modulator). It quite commonly causes acne, whether used for PCT or during cycle (particularly when used at high doses= over 25mg eood)

its also has a half life of 5-7 days which increases to 7-9 days with extended use (4wks).

hence your PCT extends well past your last tablet of clomid.

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    give it time

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Many times druing PCT is your worst acne. On cycle my acne sometimes improves (unless dbol , drol, or tren ).

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    i know accutane helps with that, ive also heard guys using dawn dish soap

juicy juicy is offline Junior Member

Exclamation

take shower few more time and use ox-10.. it work for me..
    Last edited by juicy juicy; 11-07-2005 at 01:35 PM.

amature225 is offline Associate Member
    i finished my clomid 10 days ago and it made my acne terrible. I went tanning a few times and use dawn (or any oil/grease cutting) dish soap. It seems to be getting better, but I am not sure if what I am doing is making it go away, or becuase the acne is just starting to clearing up on it's own.

Latimus is offline Banned
    Dish Soap sounds pretty bushleague at first but nothing dries your face out more.

why clomid effects you for so long...

lets say that you take it for only 2 weeks and the half life elimination is 6 days (though it can be up to 9days)

95 % of active drug is lost or eliminated after 5 half-lives (this is considered to be "eliminated")...

so that can be UP TO THIRTY SIX DAYS for the average person to have their levels of clomid drop to "eliminate levels"...

up to 45 days if used for extended period of time.

that means that if you used clomid for a month, it could be one month nad a half where you still have "active" amounts of clomid in your system.

zircon is offline Junior Member
    yeh agreed. I used clomid afetr cycle, and I broke out. Then wasn't sure if it was hormone flux or clomid doign it. So I waited till the acne had died down, and started clomid again, within 6 days at 50mg clomid the acne started again.

I'm sure hormone flux also causes acne, but I knmow without a doubt, that clomid alone causes acne for me as well.

tatteredxangelx is offline New Member
    one word : accutaine. it actually DESTROYS the oil glands so the acne wont come back.

Dalton5 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tatteredxangelx
    one word : accutaine. it actually DESTROYS the oil glands so the acne wont come back.
    Thats what they say, but I took it in high school, had great results however certain compounds will make it come back.

zircon is offline Junior Member
    yeh. I hope it stays away a while though. On 40mg at the mo, its the bomb (and f in all the way thoguhr summer as well#$%)

I hope to do 2 x 10 weekers test only a year, hope that will keep things under control.

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by macrophage69alpha
    thats a bold and incorrect statement. Clomifin is a hormone, its a SERM (selective estrogen receptor modulator). It quite commonly causes acne, whether used for PCT or during cycle (particularly when used at high doses= over 25mg eood)

its also has a half life of 5-7 days which increases to 7-9 days with extended use (4wks).

hence your PCT extends well past your last tablet of clomid.
    Would these acne side effects still exist if you were to run only Nolvadex for your PCT, leaving out Clomid.

Sanecrazy is offline Associate Member
    Yeah I just finished a cycle of Test E @ 600mg a week for 12 weeks and 25mgs. of Dianabol for 5 weeks. I barely had any acne the whole time and then came PCT and wham I am covered . Ahh it's killing me. Luckily it appears to be clearing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanecrazy
    Yeah I just finished a cycle of Test E @ 600mg a week for 12 weeks and 25mgs. of Dianabol for 5 weeks. I barely had any acne the whole time and then came PCT and wham I am covered . Ahh it's killing me. Luckily it appears to be clearing up.
    this is quite common

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifto
    Would these acne side effects still exist if you were to run only Nolvadex for your PCT, leaving out Clomid.
    I was wondering the same thing. Swifto, in your opinion, is nolva really better for restoring your nuts than clomid (that's what Hooker's profile said anyway). I ran clomid and nolva together, just be on the safe side. I just couldn't leave the clomid out.

karln is offline Associate Member
    if u get acne during pct be happy its the recovery or rebound effect which is a sign ur on ur way back

Quote Originally Posted by karln
    if u get acne during pct be happy its the recovery or rebound effect which is a sign ur on ur way back

actually its due to the negative T:E ratio and direct activity of clomid itself.

Papi93 is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by macrophage69alpha
    actually its due to the negative T:E ratio and direct activity of clomid itself.
    I understand that clomid can cause you to break out because it restores natural test production. Having a negative T:E ratio wouldn't make you break out, would it? Don't you break out when your body gets out of the negative ratio and starts to normalize itself (or if suppressed long enough, supercompensate)?
    Last edited by striker93; 11-13-2005 at 05:03 PM.

yes, a poor T:E ratio will (tend) to make you breakout. CLomid directly (tends to)causes you to break out. Likely because of agonist activity (though could also be modulatory activity) at the ER.

Thread Information