Teufelhunden is offline New Member

Estrogen too low?

I adjusted my Arimidex dose and wondered if anyone knew what would be the effects if your estrogen was too low? What would you feel like?
    thanks,
    Teufelhunden

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    estrogen too low = low sex drive, joints become more fragile and injure easily, gains are slowed.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Teufelhunden
    I adjusted my Arimidex dose and wondered if anyone knew what would be the effects if your estrogen was too low? What would you feel like?
    thanks,
    Teufelhunden
    Same as the other guy wrote. Also you "should" allow your estrogen to increase some. Testosterone creates estrogen but testosterone and close cousin hormones are also an "anti-estrogen" so we can actually tollerate some higher levels of estrogen then normal. Oddly when I first took anadrol I had sensative nipples once with that but never again. I dont know if I am naturally resistent to gyno, but I have done year long cycles for years on testosterone E and C using "no" anti-estrogens. Absolutely no breast growth even with a year long dosing schedule of 1000 mg per week. I think too many of you guys are hung up about growing boobies and the risk might not be as high as you think. I do have nolvadex on hand which is adequate to stop any gyno but the need just isnt there. Because of the anti-e properties of high levels of testosterone in the body, usually DURING cycle is not the dangerous time for gyno, its actually taking an abrupt end to your cycle that can leave you in just 2 weeks with a condition of having exceptionally high estrogen levels and zero testosterone. I always "wean down" my estrogen while maintaining a protective low dose of testosterone for 2 to 3 weeks after the effective cycle ends. Like take 200 or 150 mg of testosterone per week for 2 or 3 weeks after your 1000 mg or higher doses stop, then when you really quit, your estrogen levels will have dropped to safer levels. The reason we get stuck with zero testosterone levels and high estrogen levels is simple, men have way fewer receptors for estrogen then testosterone, so your body will consume up the testosterone faster then it does the estrogen. No dangerous levels of estrogen are generated at wean down doses of 200 to 150 mg of test per week. Because of the estrogen being lower, recover occurs faster and more vigorously.

You might say arimidex and the like also keep your estrogen levels low but there is a reason for the balanced conversion of testosterone to estrogen (male body maintains a 10 to 1 ratio, more testosterone means more estrogen). The reason is, your cholesterol is regulated by estrogen, so is your blood pressure, triglicerides, etc... so low estrogen caused by arimidex, femera, etc also means your blood workup and blood pressure will likely go hay-wire. Allowing your estrogen levels to climb not only increases the gains you make, but you do so healthier. Your cholesterol is lower, blood pressure stays lower, etc by having higher levels of estrogen. What you want to do is keep estrogens as high as possible without crossing the line where you begin growing breasts.

catlovesfood is offline Associate Member
    have done year long cycles for years on testosterone E and C using "no" anti-estrogens. Absolutely no breast growth even with a year long dosing schedule of 1000 mg per week. I think too many of you guys are hung up about growing boobies and the risk might not be as high as you think.
    Your giving newbies the wrong information.

It is better too have low estrogen levels than allow them to get high enough to cause damage. Use .5mg eod arimidex .

Good luck.

Gra
    Gra is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catlovesfood

It is better too have low estrogen levels than allow them to get high enough to cause damage. Use .5mg eod arimidex .

Good luck.
    I would wait with the ari until my nippels got sore or got itchy. I don`t have a problem with that.

Teufelhunden is offline New Member
    After my first HRT injection within 3 days they were itching like mad, and them got sore. The bottle said 1 mg a day but it make me flsu and feel like shit, so I cut it to .25 E 4 days, but thought maybe .25 EOD cause I had a problem with bloat. I will admit I am heavy right now, and I am sensitive to gyno, have been since I was young and heavy. I was diagnosed with very low test levels 6 months ago, now I feel great just have to loose weight, and keep the gyno in check, just wanted to do it without messin myself up if the Dex level was too high and estrogen was too low.
    thanks for the info
    Teufelhunden

SEBASTOP is offline Associate Member
    My doctor told me, a while back, that my estrogen levels were unusually low. I asked him if something shouild be done to correct that. He answered: "No, there are no ill effects in men with low estrogen levels". You should worry only if they are on the high side."

mranak is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catlovesfood

Good luck.
    With the exception of gyno, which is most often easily controlled with a SERM, risk from temporarily elevated estrogen is limited.

...and how is it that you are able to recommend a dosage regimen for the Arimidex: .5mg EOD, without even knowing the situation?

You might want to consider going back to the 'newbie' court, as you call it.

Estrogen, and most importantly estradiol, is best maintained in the middle of the normal range. Unfortunately, measuring it requires a blood test.

guildwars05 is offline Associate Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by SEBASTOP
    My doctor told me, a while back, that my estrogen levels were unusually low. I asked him if something shouild be done to correct that. He answered: "No, there are no ill effects in men with low estrogen levels". You should worry only if they are on the high side."

Yeah but Im sure your doctor isnt speaking specifically about bodybuilding and building muscle. Hes just saying for the general male. I find doctors have no clue wtf they are talking about. There are SOME that are specialized in the areas of muscular development. Those are the doctors that people need to get answers from. If you go to your PCP (primary care physician) and try to get TRUTHFUL or CORRECT answers..GOOD luck with that. Most dont know jack, even though they gradUMAcated LOL mu haha from a "good school" After reading this forum for years I know many members with more knowledge than the typical doctor. (sad)

my 2 cents and I always keep it real

GW

SEBASTOP is offline Associate Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by guildwars05
    Yeah but Im sure your doctor isnt speaking specifically about bodybuilding and building muscle. Hes just saying for the general male. I find doctors have no clue wtf they are talking about. There are SOME that are specialized in the areas of muscular development. Those are the doctors that people need to get answers from. If you go to your PCP (primary care physician) and try to get TRUTHFUL or CORRECT answers..GOOD luck with that. Most dont know jack, even though they gradUMAcated LOL mu haha from a "good school" After reading this forum for years I know many members with more knowledge than the typical doctor. (sad)

my 2 cents and I always keep it real

GW
    So you're saying that estrogen is useful for muscle building?
    And what does gradUMAcated mean?
    True, my doctor was referring to the "general male", but I can find no information anywhere that says that ample estrogen levels are required or even beneficial for muscle development. This sounds like a slam on doctors in general. So why don't you enlighten me and post some links to studies that indicate that estrogen is beneficial in muscle development?

Drummerboy is offline Anabolic Member
    use anti e's only when necessary. sore or itchy, or in a cutting/prep phase. Gyno hits hard post cycle. I got puffy and sore after stopping tren /test

Thread Information