Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member

Question Anavar- I don't get it?

I hear that it produces excellent gains in strength, but then some say you can't gain any size from a Anavar cycle??? If your lifting heavier weight than your body is accostomed to then arnt you going to grow? Why do we take creatine in attempt to increase cell volume in our muscle's and put on extra weight in attempts to get stronger and move more weight. This is why we go on bulking cycle to put on extra weight to get that extra leverage to move more weight, to get more size...so I pitty the fools that think you can't gain size from a Anavar cycle.

Flame away.

XBiker is offline Retired Vet

Re: Anavar- I don't get it?

Originally posted by Iwan2bsolid2
    I hear that it produces excellent gains in strength, but then some say you can't gain any size from a Anavar cycle??? If your lifting heavier weight than your body is accostomed to then arnt you going to grow? Why do we take creatine in attempt to increase cell volume in our muscle's and put on extra weight in attempts to get stronger and move more weight. This is why we go on bulking cycle to put on extra weight to get that extra leverage to move more weight, to get more size...so I pitty the fools that think you can't gain size from a Anavar cycle.

Flame away.

You may not gain much size from a var cycle, but you will get lean and strong.

/> I liked your post on Anavar FAQ's BTW- very nice.

SOLID

NightOp is offline Member
    I'm with yall, if I ever cycle it will most likely be var (or maybe primo)... var/creatine is supposedly a good first cycle.. Heck I can gain good with creatine and a good diet/sleep/training routine alone..

Me too OP, that's why I'm so excited about trying a Var only cycle, maybe add some Creatine. I hear BTG- Oxandrin is the goods. Expensive, but Quality is worth it.

Nico is offline Associate Member
    Xbiker just curios on what type of Anavar you used.

Nico what are you on, pretty ripped.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member

Re: Anavar- I don't get it?

Solid, you would think in theory that more weight does indeed produce more mass. If that was true, how would you explain how every gym has a 155lb guy who lifts more weight than a lot of 255lb guys there. I personal know a few of these little guys who are strong as hell but can't gain a pound. Which to me means that building muscle isn't just about how much weight you can through up.

True Ron, it's not about how much weight you can throw up, but if you workout correctly to begin with and don't just throw a certain weight up, then by supplementing something like OX that will increase that "correctly" thrown up weight- therefore you increase the amount lifted in turn - recruit and break down more muscle fibers- rebuild those torn muscle fibers and gain more due to the extra recruted muscle fibers- due to the extra added strength- due to the ANAVAR you see where I'm going with this? Also little or littl"er" guys don't have the long range of movement as taller people do. Doing ass to floor squats IMO would be easier being 5' 2" as opposed to 6' 2".

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I see your point bro and don't get me wrong I thing anavar will help gains some. Nothing like test or dbol gains though. I would think that stacking anavar with a good mass builder would be more effective.

I know I'm just trying to keep it mild. I've done Test, and I'm not really into it. Just looking for a little boost.

McBain is offline Member
    Not sure if this is correct but I'm under the impression that actual strength comes more from the ability to contract a muscle not the actual size of the muscle. The central nervous system (CNS) is responsible for muscle contraction, thus drugs that heavily effect CNS such as halo, anavar etc. cause large increases in strength with not neccessarily much size. Basically these drugs allow the muscle to contract "harder" while other drugs will allow the body to create optimal conditions for muscle growth. Maybe some of my reasoning in this is off, but I am pretty sure this is the basic idea.

didn't know that McBain, nice info, but is that true?

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    good question

shadowman25 is offline Associate Member
    anvar is gonna be my next cycle choice. Probably a test anavar stack. good thread guys

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    I love Var- am doing a Var + Test E cycle @ the mo
    Would do Var + Prop but cant be arsed with ED shots

Last cycle was Var only & it rocked - strength was great, gained a little mass, lost a little BF - the main difference was just visual tho - nice!

Matto20 is offline Member
    I gained 20 pounds on a var only cycle. Took some diet tweaking - and I agree that it's definitely not the best steroid for gaining mass - but it's more than possible.

curiousdude is offline Junior Member
    you should try masteron with var, if you're already somwhat lean. 100 mgs eod plus 30 mgs var daily will give you very noticable strenth increases. add prop with the mast and that's a killer mild cycle. you'll need nolv, prov, and/or ari on hand for ichy nips. 10 mgs daily of nolv once sides appear for 2 weeks takes care of it for me. just my humble opinion. i love var. it's worth the expense. you don't get the sides like other orals or the winny dry tendon/joint thing which can lead to injury. peace.

I love it cos I love my hair, skin, nuts, liver, prostate, chicks......

Cuttup is offline Senior Member
    Var is probably the most promising AAS to ever hit the market. Its gains are permanet like GH and has just about 0 side effects when taken correctly. That is why its so expensive compared to Dbol and other orals. I give it 2 thumbs up, 5 stars and a kiss. great for ending a cycle as well,..it will kep your strength up, gains steady, and bring every vein in your body out.

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    If i recall correctly Anavars ability to increase strength lays in it's ability to improve the efficiancy of ATP productions through increasing Creatine Phosphate production...someone correct me if i am wrong here...XXL

i just realized this is an old azz thread too,..but still a good topic

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    If i recall correctly Anavars ability to increase strength lays in it's ability to improve the efficiancy of ATP productions through increasing Creatine Phosphate production...someone correct me if i am wrong here...XXL

I think you're correct

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE_XXL
    i am pretty sure it is dbol that deals with the atp strength gains. earlier in this thread, some guy was talking about how var strengthens your cns more then it does your muscles. which explains strength gains without weight gain. however everyone reports fat loss on var so muscle gained plus fat lost would also equal no weight gain

The Var / CNS thing sounded a bit dodgy to me - not convinced - the creatine / ATP idea sounds more solid

MIKE_XXL is offline SCAMMER
    Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    The Var / CNS thing sounded a bit dodgy to me - not convinced - the creatine / ATP idea sounds more solid
    I agree there might be some CNS stimulation but i am almost sure the ATP / Creatine phosphate action is the actual cause of the strength increase...XXL

since the strength gains are said to be permenant, i dont see how it could have to do with atp. i have definately heard it said before that dbol causes the body to jack up atp and creatine

nice bump guys. actually, var is the only oral i'd prefer to use in the future. the winny and dbol and/or drol sides have become too annoying to me anymore. and, var is a good complement to just about anything. too bad i've got a ****load of winny tabs and zambons. i'd have to say by my experience the winny connective tissue issue is more than i'm willing to bear. my feeling is that winny can cause tears in the muscle just where the connect tiss and muscle meet, then there's the scarring and loss of range of motion and that winny stiffness feeling. i'd have to say avoid doing heavy reps whilst using winny.

on the atp/creatine issue; interesting, but i'd have to be on the side that while there may be evidence of the relationship in lab testing, the real world affect is more permanent, maybe a 10-20% drop off when post cycle in strenth but easily one of the more retainable gainers. not really a good choice for 'fat' guys tho, get lean first.

overall, a very worthwhile AAS. peace.

There may be a little CNS stimulation, but It doesn't feel anything like test.....

LimitsAreNothing is offline Associate Member

Thumbs up newbie help

ALright guys, Newbie here with a question about Anavar . I am about 8% and 200lbs. I want to make some modest muscle gains while minimizing my side effects. So if I were to do a Anavar only cycle how long, how much and what anti e do I need. (its my first cycle). thanks so much

builtthekid is offline Banned
    I think anavar is really good because it doesnt aromitize it doesnt close
    the growth plates and u can take anavar for a long time because no
    test suppression Yeah now what.

LAN - there's a good Anavar only cycle thread somewhere - do a search - ahh fu<k it here's one from Dflood I think....

I have seen about three threads a day in the past month on anavar alone, and they all turn into arguments involving the same parties....so let this just be a "guide" for an individual planning/considering using oxandrolone as a standalone compound.

First, id like to get a few things straight about var.

MYTHS

Myth #1 - Anavar will not suppress the HPTA.
    False. Anavar, used in adequate dosages, will shut you down. To what degree you experience side effects of suppression (loss of libido, lethargy) is entirely dependent upon the individual and the dosages used.

Myth #2 - Var is a weak anabolic , and is not effective unless stacked with a more androgenic compound.
    This could not be further from the truth. At dosages of 40mg a day and higher, anavar is incredibly effective at adding water free LBM. At around day 6-7, increased vascularity should become apparent (assuming your oxandrolone is legitimate in its dosing), and strength gains should start appearing around day 14.
    If used during a clean bulk, gains of 10-20 pounds are possible. If cutting, you will maintain weight, or even put on 5-10 pounds (depending on the rate of fat loss/severity of diet). You will keep all of your gains with proper PCT.

Myth #3 - Anavar will not require any type of PCT.
    This is one ive never understood. It's a pretty commonly known fact now that var is a suppressive compound. So why is it that some individuals still refuse to make a small investment in some clomid/nolva....this is your testicular function we're talking about. That said, PCT required for var is not as "heavy" as PCT for, say, a test/eq cycle. 15-20 days @ 50mg clomid should be sufficient.

LIBIDO

The only real issue of concern that i have found when running anavar alone is slight libido suppression. Anavar is suppressive enough to where you WILL feel a difference in your sex drive (and not for the better ) when using 40+mg a day. There are three options to counteract this.

#1 - Tribulus + Avena Sativa - Trib at 4-7g a day and Avena Sativa at 3-4g a day tend to help prevent any loss in performance or ability to get it up. However, using effective dosages is going to end up being as or more expensive than options 2 or 3...but its your call.

#2 - Proviron - If hairloss is an issue in your choice to use anavar, then you may want to avoid this one. But 25mg ED proviron, starting after week 2, will keep you rock hard. And it will help to harden up your muscles too .

#3 - Maintenance Test Dosage - Finally, you could choose to use testosterone to keep your willy in shape. At a dosage of around 200mg, split bi weekly, everything should keep running smoothly. Also, this will contribute to your gains much moreso than than options 1 or 2. I would keep nolva onhand on the off chance that you are severely gyno prone. Bloating should not be an issue at this dosage.

BENEFITS

Anavar is a badass drug. This is why.

#1 - Vascularity
    Oxandrolone will make you veiny as all hell. And quickly. Look out for brand new bulging forearms veins by around day 6. If you are following a cutting regimen, expect new spider webs in your chest, shoulders and quads by around day 21.

#2 - Pumps
    When on var, the pumps are constant. Bored sitting in class/at work? Do some unweighted calf raises. After about three minutes, your calves will be ready to pop. Youll be doing something like drinking a cup of water, and after a minute of holding it, your bi will be completely full and pumped. You may have to cut some sets short in the gym due to the painful pumpage.

#3 - Strength
    Even when cutting, you can expect new strength gains every workout after about day 14-21.

#4 - Fat Loss
    Anavar has been shown to contribute to accelerated fat loss in both subcutaneous and visceral fat, concentrated effects in the abdomen and thigh area. And if youve used the drug, you can attest to this...if you cant sport the 6-8 pack look on var, its not gonna happen .

CYCLE

Anavar should be run @ at least 40mg a day to see all of the benefits it offers. Dosages upwards of 80mg have been shown to exhibit diminishing returns. Also, i cant imagine the intensity of the pumps at that kind of dosage.

Cycle #1
    Anavar 40-50mg ED Weeks 1-8
    Tribulus 5-8g ED Weeks 1-12
    Avena Sativa 2-4g ED Weeks 1-12
    Clomid 50mg ED Weeks 9-11

Cycle #2
    Proviron 25mg ED Weeks 3-8

Cycle #3
    Test Prop 50mg EOD Weeks 1-8

If bulking, Test Enanthate could be substituted for prop, and 100mg could be injected every 3-4 days...however, this could cause more bloating, and complicate PCT timing.

As a final issue, Anavar is a 17 Alpha Alkylated steroid , and is toxic. It has been shown to be less toxic than other orals, and is even used as liver treatment for recovering alcoholics. Still, i would limit my time using it to 8 weeks, 10 at the most.

I hope that people read this, and that it helps those doing their research to make the correct decision. If anyone sees any glaring errors, or has something important to add, hit me with a PM and ill do some editing.

Dflood

be sure to take creatine with the var. some ALA (for the liver) and policosonal (for the lipids) wouldn't hurt either

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

mixxinit is offline New Member
    Awesome Dflood!

quack quack, aflac............... nice post duck. good read. thanks.

none of it was my work!!! I followed this advice & had a great time with Var!

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by IronReload04
    good question
    You do realize you bumped a thread that is 2 years old??????

For what??? That response??

~SC~

all in the name of entertainment! The old ones are still the best!!

Thanks

Thanks for the post on Var fellas. Huge help. (even if it is old)

Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    You do realize you bumped a thread that is 2 years old??????

For what??? That response??

~SC~
    dude, it was interesting

Thread Information