Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Two4the$$ is offline Senior Member

1 year separated before and after pictures

I know I have a ways to go. If you have something outright negative to say, keep it to yourself... we probably have different goals. If you have a crtique to offer, with suggestions for acheivement, I'm interested.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1 year separated before and after pictures-back-one-year-apart.jpg   1 year separated before and after pictures-front-one-year-apart.jpg   1 year separated before and after pictures-side-one-year-apart.jpg  

tiger909 is offline Senior Member
    pics seem sim. besides the chest which is decent
    btw..plz dont tell me there was a cycle ivolved in that developement

ScottyShotty is offline Associate Member
    What are you goals?
    How many cycles have you done?
    You definately made some nice improvements in the tris and delts
    You should probably post these in the members pic area

ZIA1 is offline New Member
    Improvements look great, bro. Keep it up.

I think youve made some good progress ............Still posting in the wrong forum i see though!!

Lunacy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottyShotty
    What are you goals?
    How many cycles have you done?
    You definately made some nice improvements in the tris and delts
    You should probably post these in the members pic area
    Yup...I am curious as to what you are trying to achieve with AAS and how many cycles have you done?

Yeah, 1.2 cycles, I'm in my 3rd week of my second one.

Let me guess... Tiger... your short... 5-7? Cause I'm 6-3, so for the amount of change you see there... I am 28 pounds heavier. Which, to you may not sound like a lot... but, given that I'm also a little leaner... and given the fact that the human THRESHOLD for accumulation of muscle in the FIRST year (best gains) is 4%... if you have perfect diet, mid - high test levels, and train in the manner your body is most receptive to.

Anyway, hope you respond with your height ...

yeah actually i am 5-7(good guess) i only looked at the back and front pix, not the profile.... yeah good delts and chest though....good developement....btw i couldnt really tell ur height from the pix

actually im 5-9

Oh, my goals? :-) Great question. Not far from where I'm at. I want the outer head of my tricep to be a little bigger, my arms... overall, I want them to be 1.5" bigger than they are... and a little leaner... My upper chest I want more developed, and my whole chest just slightly bigger. I want lower abs to be perfectly visible, and defined... (function of leaness mainly) ... I want my read and outer delts to be larger, and my inner back muscles to be bigger... with strength roughly equivalent to my chest. I've actually just decided to swich from seated rows to T-Bar rows... I want my glutes and hamstrings a little bigger... and my forearms a smidge bigger also. My lats, I don't really want much bigger than they are... just a bit more strength/endurance, which will inadvertantly result in an increase in size.

My perception of ideal is MUCH smaller than most of the members here will prefer - but my goal is to peg the average GIRLS perception of masculine and proportionate... not judges in a BB competition.

what ARE your goals?

I think the quads need alot more work to proportion yourself out a little better

Tiger909 ... I didn't mean that condescendingly ... I just realize that people who are under 5-10 tend to underestimate the amount of weight needed to be noticeable on a taller person. Theres just SO much more area to fill in... the swept area of the muscles change drastically - which is why a 5ft guy weighs 100 pounds, and a 6ft guy with equivalent leaness and muscle weighs 200.

Also, I'm a LOT stronger than I look. My last bench press set I did...

warm up... then:

8 x 225lbs (controlled, smooth, good form, slow on the way down, explosive on the way up.)
    6 x 245lbs (same policies)
    3 x 275lbs (same policies)

My pullups suck in comparison, but, I'm heavy ... a 6-3 guy has a longer way to pull a larger amount of weight... so my volume sucks. I'm working on it tho.

Gra
    Gra is offline Member
    IN the pic from the side you can really see the change. In the others too, but best from the side

I will be working more on my quads... it's a tricky subject tho - I have a partially torn ligament - so, yeah ... have to be carefull ... but also, I won't want monstrous legs... But, I do need to work on them.

Scotty, when you asked about my goals... do you mean weight and BF%? Because it's hard to quantify in those terms... or did you post that before you saw my other reply?

Quote Originally Posted by Gra
    IN the pic from the side you can really see the change. In the others too, but best from the side
    Thanks Gra... :-)

Actually, one of my goals that I DON'T know how to achieve is having a smaller waist... which I'm assuming after running DNP for about 23 days or so I'll be a fvck load leaner... but ultimately, I'm going to have to do some experimentation and research. Just as for women, the ideal from the vast majority of males is a ...

.7 hip to waist ratio (meaning, divide the size of their waist by the size of the hips)

I've heard there is an equivalent for males - the question is however, what IS that ideal? For women, it's easy to prove - because women with the ideal are most fertile, so it's easy to prove not only a preference, but also an evolutionary benefit ... which validates the claim. But for men, it's not that easy ... and as it stands, I'd have to pay $20 to join an anthropology website to read the lastest views of Steven Gangsted, one of the most respected anthropologists of our time. He's heavily referenced in a cover story by Newsweek, in 1996 ,... called the biology of beauty. Anyone interested can find that on the net.

Lunacy is offline Member
    You look pretty fvcking lean to me Truman. What %bf are you at now? What are your other stats as well?

I'm

6-3
    31 years old
    216.6lbs (just dropped the kids off at the pool)

BF% ... your guess is as good as mine. I had a caliper tell me I was 16% not long ago... but I found that hard to believe. I would guess not far from 11%... but I don't really concern myself with that number... just the visibility of my lower abs, and the transition from my rear delt to my tri... both of which are indications that I have more fat than I want.

Lunacy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumanHW
    I'm

6-3
    31 years old
    216.6lbs (just dropped the kids off at the pool)

BF% ... your guess is as good as mine. I had a caliper tell me I was 16% not long ago... but I found that hard to believe. I would guess not far from 11%... but I don't really concern myself with that number... just the visibility of my lower abs, and the transition from my rear delt to my tri... both of which are indications that I have more fat than I want.
    Being that you can see your abs at all, I would guess at least 10% bf and I feel you look less than that, imo. Keep it up bro.

Mealticket is offline Senior Member
    I think you look great. Great job. I'm 6'2 so i feel you on the tall issue.

Thanks man... my discipline could be higher... but progress is occurring ... and my goals are finite.

I guess I should say... I post these pictures with humility, not arrogance - as I feel I've achieved nothing spectacular... I just thought I would share whatever progress has occurred with my compadres... and hopefully get a little bit of feedback.

As far as my arms go, I figured out a problem ... I would do bis almost immediately after doing pull up/pull down, and then seated rows... my endurance was low, and I was counting those as bicep sets... now, I do abs in between... and get a little recovery... then do my biceps ... same goes for my triceps process. Thus, I expect to get more gains in the coming future... well, due to that and cycle I'm on:

150mg ED of Test Prop
    100mg ED Tren

Adding to my stack today...

75mg Masteron
    75mg Anavar

Possibly will throw in some EQ...

Please - if someone feels the urge to criticise my cycle choice, or dosage choice... suppress the urge. I'm not looking for any opinions on it... I'm confident in my choice... and in fact, this is a cycle that hooker and I have discussed extensively - so unless your credentials, experience, knowledge and acumen exceed his... well, you get the point. :-)

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Noticeable changes bro, esp in delts, pecs, and tris. Keep up the good work

Thanks mike. I appreciate the feedback...

Also... I guess it's noteworth, I mean ... I could have been flexing and shit. lol. I just feel goofy doing it. My lats spread out a long ways if I choose to... I just don't like posing. lol.

Thanks again.

xLivinitupx is offline New Member
    Nice work man. I'm around the same height and body weight as you but am having a hard time getting my abs to look close to what yours look like. What did your first cycle look like?

Major changes from before and you have a good disposition. Props.

jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member
    hey bro, looking good. im 6'3'' as well so i know how it goes, although my goal is to be not only lean but a little larger then i think you want to be, yet still proportionate. im about 235 right now would like to be at 245-250 about 10%bf. anyway if your having a problem with your bi's getting pre-exhausted from back movements dont do you your back and bi's on the same day. its something ive got away from doing for a while now because of that. you will notice you will be able to move more weight and reps not doing them in the same day. try doing tris and bi's on the same day. i like doing opposing muscle groups like that. give it a shot.

Smiley619 is offline Member
    good progress.keep it up.

judge_dread is offline Member
    Truman keep up the good work man, u have made significant improvement and it is obvious that u like a more "fitness type" body not the bulky classic bber one.i am 6' 1" and I have trouble to put on lean mass also...

Quote Originally Posted by xLivinitupx
    Nice work man. I'm around the same height and body weight as you but am having a hard time getting my abs to look close to what yours look like. What did your first cycle look like?
    Well, first cycle was botched. I didn't head one of the essential policies ...

Have allllll your gear before you start.

But, that being said... I was on EQ and Test...

500-700mg per week Test-Enanthate ,

600mg per week EQ

It was an okay cycle, but certainly not ideal.

The abs... well, now I'm trying to mentally FOCUS on feeling my lower abs get exhausted while I'm working abs. That, and I'm doing 40mcg ED of T3, and also HGH during this cycle. I have absolutely NO endurance - Tren heists you of that. In fact, when I walk over 2 blocks, my calves get a pump that forces me to try to find SOME excuse to stop walking, and wait.... it's just painful. When I type long messages, my forearms and hands get tired.

Anyway, I haven't really done anything all that great for my abs... because from the before to the after, a freakin year, theres only a nominal amount of improvement ... and honestly, that makes me a sh1tty candidate to offer opinions. I'm going to cheat, and use DNP , and Anavar ... but I won't use the DNP till after the Tren phase... I'm hot enough now. Anavar may help, I'm also going to use some yohimburne... chest, rear of my arms, and lower abs. After this cycle, believe it or not, I'm going to switch my focus to trying to improve my cardio... I've recently became aware of a scary statistic - 40% of us will die of cardio vascular disease. I'm going to try to lower that risk for me ... I was in the marines, there was a time where my endurance was EXTRAORDINARY.... I'm kind of brainy, which there, gets you dubbed a "nerd" ... and nerds get a lot of "insentive training" ... if there was down time, I was getting fvcked up - via exercise ... and the normal exercise routine can be pretty cardio intensive by itself. I'd venture a guess that unless you were a marine, on some branches special forces, a pro athelete (basketball or track or something ... not football or baseball) you just would never believe the kind of endurance your body has. My mantra while in the corps was ... "you don't have to like it ... you just have to do it!"

Quote Originally Posted by NYC BIG MIKE
    Major changes from before and you have a good disposition. Props.
    If you mean my attitude... you're probably the first guy in my WHOLE life to say that... thanks! lmao.

As it turns out ... I apparently have high thyroid production - which makes me not only ectomorphic, but also a bit of a high strung asshole ... I do my best to keep it in check... but nevertheless, an asshole at heart, and always willing to remind people. It's probably one of my worst traits ... but hey! Self awareness is the beginning to change, no?

Quote Originally Posted by jdh
    hey bro, looking good. im 6'3'' as well so i know how it goes, although my goal is to be not only lean but a little larger then i think you want to be, yet still proportionate. im about 235 right now would like to be at 245-250 about 10%bf. anyway if your having a problem with your bi's getting pre-exhausted from back movements dont do you your back and bi's on the same day. its something ive got away from doing for a while now because of that. you will notice you will be able to move more weight and reps not doing them in the same day. try doing tris and bi's on the same day. i like doing opposing muscle groups like that. give it a shot.
    Interesting idea - For now, I'm going to continue this "abs in between" experiment ... but eventually, I may try other approaches - looking for the one most easily managed, and effective.

Our goals are probably surprisingly compatible. I probably will be about 225lbs, and hopefully about 8% or less when I hit my target point for maintanence... at our height - someone would notice your bigger, but probably wouldn't assume the huge difference in our weights... just because of the large area it's distributed over.

Whats funny... is that if a girl saw my before and afters... they'd think I "toned up a bit." and that you can do it naturally by doing high reps a couple times a week, no diet changes, and certainly no drugs in about 4 months. Gotta admit .... even tho that grass is always greener theory mitigates this assumption - I'd guess it's less overall work to achieve female fitness ideals... which can be summarized in one sentence...

"DON'T GET FAT!"

It's the equivalent to a man being a fit bodied millionaire. Why do so many women fail at the one thing society measures them by?

Quote Originally Posted by judge_dread
    Truman keep up the good work man, u have made significant improvement and it is obvious that u like a more "fitness type" body not the bulky classic bber one.i am 6' 1" and I have trouble to put on lean mass also...
    The standard assumed dosages may need to be bumped slightly for us larger framed people - I mean ... a guy who starts off 130 pounds may benefit well from 500mg per week of test... but at 220, I think you have to multiply that out and make it a mg per kg function ... not just a static number, but a ratio.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    You were in the Corps and you have "absolutely NO endurance"? really let yourself go, huh?

anyway, nice gains. Keep it up.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    youve made great strides so far truman. good work. i can relate being 6'2

daveywave is offline Junior Member
    truman dont take this the wrong way, but you started training a year ago and already on your second cycle? correct me if i am wrong... but i can see why tiger added his input. i agree taller guys have it a little harder then the smaller guys. but 6'3 compared to the average males height of 5'11-6' isnt much in comparison.

in the end i think that first cycle was definately uncalled for, but i wish you well on your ongoing one.

just curious why do you think you are under 11% bf?

Quote Originally Posted by daveywave
    truman dont take this the wrong way, but you started training a year ago and already on your second cycle? correct me if i am wrong... but i can see why tiger added his input. i agree taller guys have it a little harder then the smaller guys. but 6'3 compared to the average males height of 5'11-6' isnt much in comparison.

in the end i think that first cycle was definately uncalled for, but i wish you well on your ongoing one.

just curious why do you think you are under 11% bf?
    Dave ... I have no idea what my BF% is. I really don't care. I mean... this reminds me of a situation where I'd ask a chubby girl what she weighs only to get a snide defensive comment like "you never ask a lady her weight!"

My standard reply when they make that stupid comment was...

"Hey, no ones disolussioned about how chubby you are, I'm just asking what number corresponds to that level of fat-ness."

Even if I were 4% ... i'd want to be leaner - I want to be able to see my abs and things... and that just means I'm too fat by my standard... but most likely, if I were being paid for accuracy ... I'd guess about 12% ... but who knows?

I understand you feel that my decision to start cycling early was uncalled for... please ... list your reasons in bullet-points your reasoning. I assure you I have my personal motives for each of your beliefs why I'd do otherwise.

Preemptively, I think psychologically people make the assumption that my goal is to get as big as possible. But because it's not my goal... and I'm willing to do 3 - 4 bulking cycles in my life... I knew it was acceptable for me to start. Remember, I'm almost where I want to be... my perception of body-perfect is not changing.

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    looking good bro. keep at it

Quote Originally Posted by derek7m
    You were in the Corps and you have "absolutely NO endurance"? really let yourself go, huh?

anyway, nice gains. Keep it up.
    Uh... are you familiar with Tren ? It's known to rob you of your endurance.

Quote Originally Posted by TrumanHW
    I will be working more on my quads... it's a tricky subject tho - I have a partially torn ligament - so, yeah ... have to be carefull ... but also, I won't want monstrous legs... But, I do need to work on them.

Scotty, when you asked about my goals... do you mean weight and BF%? Because it's hard to quantify in those terms... or did you post that before you saw my other reply?
    I posted that before I saw your other reply. Have you ever considered just trying to bulk, bulk, bulk, because in reality because of your height your not going to be super thick. I bet because of your body type that if you just pounded down clean calories and lots of them as long as you watched the fat intake you will get great proportions. You probably have a fast motabolism like me. I try my hardest to look like Ronnie Colman because in reality, it will never happen, but if you try then it will make you look all that much better.

dirtyvegas is offline Senior Member
    You look good bro keep it up.. Your after is how i looked before I ever touched gear, I need to take some more progress pics and post em up some day, just to lazy LoL..

dv

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information