Danbrooks2k is offline Member

What gives you roid rage in the gym?

I just moved from one looser Gold's gym in hollywood florida full of plastic surgery people and old mafia wives to a new gold's in san antonio, a nice big modern gym full of morons...

My first day back I was desperate to get in a good workout... my apartment got ate for lunch in florida ( hurricane wilma )so me and the GF spent 2 weeks packing, and moving to texas, all the while no working out, eating only junk food and we really didnt have electricity or much cash... so I was stressed out bad...

I get to the gym, I show my florida membership card and ask for a week pass to try out the gym...

roid rage in 10 seconds...

so hey bro, come back and lets sit down in my office, well we usually dont just hand out free passes... blah blah blah...

pet peeve#1 guys that work the counter at gyms, it dosent matter if they work out, or are fat asses, they always hand you the same routine, they try to sell you a nation wide membership with acces to thier locations in iraq... when all you want is a single gym membership...

here comes #2 SO what are your goals in the gym, so I can get you set up to meet with one of our trainers.... FVCK FVCK FVCK!!!!

pet peeve#2 what do you mean what are my goals? I am 6'2 220ish about 7%bf arms covered in tatoos... yeah I am here for your spin class, oh and can I use the yoga room to meditate???

he gets up and sends in the trainer... this ougtta be good...

Pet peeve#3 Personal trainers that look like shit and hand out advice they got from a book... if I have more muscle and less fat than you, get away from me with your advice... if arnold, big lou or franco want to give me advice thats fine... but not from someone you started the day with a bowl of lucky charms who swears he can help my diet.... FVCK YOU!!!!

finally I get rid of the trainer, give them my credit card and get a membership, I get out of that little cubacle as fast as my legs will carry me... into the gym... finally...

pet peeve#4 meat gazers... listen its ok to be gay, just not in a gym unless it says on the door gay gym... a horribly verilized female trainer is training this 40ish looking fruitcake who is making doe eyes at me in the mirror... then get this about an hour later she comes over with the intention of playing match maker... before she gets out 3 words... i tell her to get the **** out of my face, that she was embarrasing me and I was going to get her fired... her jaw dropped and she walked away... yes I did speak with the manager... again being gay is fine... but an employee of a gold's gym basicly making sexual advances for a gay guy who is hiding behind the butt blaster machine blushing... well thats just bad buisness... I later got an appology from her, and I havent seen that guy in a week after that happened...

pet peeve#5 dont tell me how to lift if you are an idiot... Ok I know stiff legged deadlifts arent super popular, and some folks arent familliar with them... but make no mistake the legs stay " stiff " as the name implies, and you try to keep your back arched and not let it roll completely over...

a personla trainer comes up and says, hey man better bend those knees or your gonna hurt yourself... Thats IT!!! I dropped the weight and almost rushed him... I said its called a stiff legged deadlift, I have a laminated card I made in my gym journal ( that I never use ) I pulled it out and showed him the picture of the lift... Now why would I want to bend my knees if I am working my hamstrings??? dude I am sorry, geez calm down... NO I will not calm down, you in a lame ass attempt to get a new client decided to interupt my workout and now you have my attention...

I see guys doing almost dangerous lifts in the gym, I never say shit unless I am in danger, I see good looking girls in the gym, I dont stare or send someone over to them and I leave everyone alone... so why on earth would in a gym full of pretty out of shape people would they all target the biggest guy there??? well there was a 300 pounder but it was more fat than big...

seriously do I need to move to venice california to get a good workout?

LOL
    Last edited by Danbrooks2k; 11-09-2005 at 12:11 PM.

oh yeah, and 3 bucks for a bottled water, while out of order signs are on the water fountain... thats just not cool

BuildaBeast is offline Associate Member
    LOL

Dang bro sounds like your having a rough day. I could see all of that would piss someone off. All you can do is laugh it off and just say thats life. Well after you beat the shit out of a couple of people

Perrypup is offline Associate Member
    LMAO Thats what kinda shit i had to put up with when i changed gyms recently, trainers keep coming up 2 me wanting to train me and im not the most fit person in the world but im in better shape than alot of the trainer wanting to help me..

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danbrooks2k
    I just moved from one looser Gold's gym in hollywood florida full of plastic surgery people and old mafia wives to a new gold's in san antonio, a nice big modern gym full of morons...

My first day back I was desperate to get in a good workout... my apartment got ate for lunch in florida ( hurricane wilma )so me and the GF spent 2 weeks packing, and moving to texas, all the while no working out, eating only junk food and we really didnt have electricity or much cash... so I was stressed out bad...

I get to the gym, I show my florida membership card and ask for a week pass to try out the gym...

so hey bro, come back and lets sit down in my office, well we usually dont just hand out free passes... blah blah blah...

pet peeve#1 guys that work the counter at gyms, it dosent matter if they work out, or are fat asses, they always hand you the same routine, they try to sell you a nation wide membership with acces to thier locations in iraq... when all you want is a single gym membership...

here comes #2 SO what are your goals in the gym, so I can get you set up to meet with one of our trainers.... FVCK FVCK FVCK!!!!

pet peeve#2 what do you mean what are my goals? I am 6'2 220ish about 7%bf arms covered in tatoos... yeah I am here for your spin class, oh and can I use the yoga room to meditate???

Pet peeve#3 Personal trainers that look like shit and hand out advice they got from a book... if I have more muscle and less fat than you, get away from me with your advice... if arnold, big lou or franco want to give me advice thats fine... but not from someone you started the day with a bowl of lucky charms who swears he can help my diet.... FVCK YOU!!!!

finally I get rid of the trainer, give them my credit card and get a membership, I get out of that little cubacle as fast as my legs will carry me... into the gym... finally...

pet peeve#4 meat gazers... listen its ok to be gay, just not in a gym unless it says on the door gay gym... a horribly verilized female trainer is training this 40ish looking fruitcake who is making doe eyes at me in the mirror... then get this about an hour later she comes over with the intention of playing match maker... before she gets out 3 words... i tell her to get the **** out of my face, that she was embarrasing me and I was going to get her fired... her jaw dropped and she walked away... yes I did speak with the manager... again being gay is fine... but an employee of a gold's gym basicly making sexual advances for a gay guy who is hiding behind the butt blaster machine blushing... well thats just bad buisness... I later got an appology from her, and I havent seen that guy in a week after that happened...

pet peeve#5 dont tell me how to lift if you are an idiot... Ok I know stiff legged deadlifts arent super popular, and some folks arent familliar with them... but make no mistake the legs stay " stiff " as the name implies, and you try to keep your back arched and not let it roll completely over...

a personla trainer comes up and says, hey man better bend those knees or your gonna hurt yourself... Thats IT!!! I dropped the weight and almost rushed him... I said its called a stiff legged deadlift, I have a laminated card I made in my gym journal ( that I never use ) I pulled it out and showed him the picture of the lift... Now why would I want to bend my knees if I am working my hamstrings??? dude I am sorry, geez calm down... NO I will not calm down, you in a lame ass attempt to get a new client decided to interupt my workout and now you have my attention...

I see guys doing almost dangerous lifts in the gym, I never say shit unless I am in danger, I see good looking girls in the gym, I dont stare or send someone over to them and I leave everyone alone... so why on earth would in a gym full of pretty out of shape people would they all target the biggest guy there??? well there was a 300 pounder but it was more fat than big...

LOL
    Good read.

Think its anything to do with the 4550mg/wk Test your running? Or 100mg/ED Tren A?

BOBBY D is offline Member
    bro i know what u mean & how u feel. they use to pull this crap at my gym all the time until they realized that they r gonna get thier ass kicked, jk, now they do their job & train the out of shap ppl who want to get in shape. if i am doin something wrong w/ a workout fine, tell me how to do it properly, but stop trying to sell me bullshit & let me workout.

Smiley619 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swifto
    Good read.

Think its anything to do with the 4550mg/wk Test your running? Or 100mg/ED Tren A?

thats what i was thinking.but hell i nkow how it is to just want a good workout and have it ruined by stupid ppl

bigJJ is offline Member
    Wow. Suddenly I really love my gym!!

Sure, there are things that tick me off, but damn brother... Sorry to hear about all that.

Hackamaniac is offline King Without a Crown ~
    I go to a small town gym so the majority of the people are out of shape and only hit the machines so me and my buddy usually have most of the free weights to our self but don't have the top notch equipment like your Golds or Wilsons or gyms of that size.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK!

What you're describing is not "Roid Rage ", but rather "Serious Lifter Irritation". Unfortunately, short of Venice Beach there's a not a lot we can do about it.
    There's been many a workout that I've wished there were weight, muscle mass, bf, gender and sexual orientation restrictions at my gym.

But keep sending those signals, and soon you'll get labeled 'The Crazy', which believe me is the best thing that can happen to a serious lifter. Then you'll be free to train!

M.
    Last edited by magic32; 11-09-2005 at 01:13 PM. Reason: sp

wuboy25 is offline Associate Member
    Same thing happened to me when I was training with my GF in Montreal this summer...

This skinny trainer came at me like 3 times to see if I needed informations.... ggeeeezz... I'm a 100 pound eavier than you and my arms are the size of your head...leave me alone and let me do my workout!! LOL

Makes me realise how much I love my gym too

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member

LOL
    hey bro i feel ur pain i live in sa and also use golds? those trainers live and die by the apex manuel and most know nothing about a real workout. anyhow pm me if u like and ill give u the layout of which golds are best to workout at.

yeah actually the new golds gym is opening december 15th in San Antonio, its gonna be huuuuuge with pool, yoga room, group cycling room and everything...

I guess I will have an entire new gym full of donkeys to beat into sumbission

its gonna be identical to the one just opened in live oak. its more of a walk around and look pretty gym not as big as i expected. i get my real workouts in at nacogdoches cause ever since the new gym opened population has dropped by half and its beautiful when u just want to workout.

user1000 is offline New Member
    You remind me of Henry Rollins, if you haven't heard of him check him out, he's on the same 'no bullshit' wavelength...

jerseyboy is offline Anabolic Member
    I left my old gym because the equip. sucked and they cut their hours. Closing at 5 on sat. and 2 on sun. I was training with a bunch of geriatrics and 14 year olds listening to the 80's or classic rock music that the gym plays. One guy would walk around talking to himself while another had to have two handfuls of paper towels because he was afraid to touch the equipment. Now in my new gym the music is better and the equipment is better, they have longer hours but the place is still full of high school kids. I don't mind the guys seriously training for football or whatever but the little teenie bopper sitting on the machine I want to use fixing her lipstick and laughing it up with her girlfriends gets me ragin. We have the fat out of shape trainers too and the guys that do nothing but sell memberships all day sitting at their desks eating McDonalds (yes really). It's the kind of gym where you see people working out for a couple weeks and then disappear. I gotta admit though it is nice to have some decent looking women in the gym unlike the cows at the last place. Oh yeah and I think they purposely shut off the coolers in the water fountains so you have to spend the buck and a half for cold bottled water. But that's only after you stand in line at the smoothie bar for 20 minutes becasue they only have one 16 year old girl working there and she is clueless, making you wait while she fixes some chicken tacos for the salesman upstairs.

jkdpress10 is offline Junior Member
    I've Had Similar Experiences. They Do Bring Out The Worst In You Because If You Are A Serious Lifter Then You Know How Easy It Is To Lose Focus Due To Needless Interuptions From Flamers Or Anorexic Trainers.

well they finally did something right... I wanted a little snack to go with my 2 bannanas and 2 hardboiled eggs I had in my car for the ride home... I asked what they had that didnt taste like crap and the counter girl gave me a free apex cookies and cream bar... only like 15 grams of potien but seriously I think it was just as good as a candy bar... the meat gazer still didnt show up, nobody said anything when I arched my back to get up my last rep of bench press... and trainers avoided me like I have leprosy... all in all a good day...

NYGIANTS21 is offline Senior Member
    Bro that is some funny shi* to read sorry it had to happen to you bro. i live in Orlando Florida so you know how the gays roam up here... Fuc*ing fags... Keep that shi* at home..

But that was a good read.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    thanx man I really needed a laugh tonight!Made me feel better

well they finally did something right... I wanted a little snack to go with my 2 bannanas and 2 hardboiled eggs I had in my car for the ride home... I asked what they had that didnt taste like crap and the counter girl gave me a free apex cookies and cream bar... only like 15 grams of potien but seriously I think it was just as good as a candy bar... the meat gazer still didnt show up, nobody said anything when I arched my back to get up my last rep of bench press... and trainers avoided me like I have leprosy... all in all a good day...
    which location do u use?

been using the crossroads one... the new one is on i-10 west almost in boerne it opens dec 15th... thats the one I wanna use

LOL, thanks bro. I was just gonna join a gym tomorrow, but reading this is exactly why I spent 2 grand on equipment for home. lol

thats a decent gym except for the staff. when live oak opened they pushed the date back about 5 times so dont b setr on that dec 15.

BigSpanky is offline Junior Member
    great read it all sounds too familiar

TexasFitnessGirl is offline Female Member
    I work at a gym and don't work out there, same kind of stuff.

If you are near Fort Worth try Metroflex, home of Big Ron, no one will **** with you there. No heat or air conditioning, I don't think I have ever seen a bottled water there. If anyone gives you advice, he will probably be massive.

chest6 is offline Banned
    haha sounds like ur normal gym

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    i get irritated like that constantly at my golds gym. dildo ass trainers act like they know everything. keep giving ppl shit dan, i love it!

angelripper is offline Associate Member
    Look For A Cheap Peace Of Shit Gym They Dont Give A Shit About Anything .

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    This is why I don't talk to much of anyone at my gym. Funy thing is, is that my ex used to work at the gym I currently go to and now her boyfriend works there! I've found through personal experience trainers don't know shit because they learn it all from text boks and don't apply it to real life. Skinny trainers who look at you funny when you start breathing hard or yell a bit to ge the last few reps out...That shit cracks me up everytime. On a funnier note, just to proove that a lot of trainers don't know shit, one day I was working on my shoulders, doing push press. Well, on this paticular day I felt wonderful and felt like pushing my self a bit harder then normal. I statred to use a bit of "push" to get the weight up, then I would rest pause for about 10 seconds, then go to failure, then repeat the same thing until I had to start stripping weight offthe bar. After all is said and done I had a trainer come up and ASK ME WHY I WOULD REST, THEN PRESS. Did you get that?...This shit-for-brains had no idea what rest/pause was or "stipping the bar". Holy shit I almost died! Sorry for the hi-jack, but I though it was valid to your personal trainers bitch.

Mizz*Jacqui is offline Female Member
    and here i am thinking that my shitty days at the gym are bad all cuz i see them perfect body people and im like fawkk... why can't i look like that

Man! i'd be choked!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasFitnessGirl
    I work at a gym and don't work out there, same kind of stuff.

If you are near Fort Worth try Metroflex, home of Big Ron, no one will **** with you there. No heat or air conditioning, I don't think I have ever seen a bottled water there. If anyone gives you advice, he will probably be massive.
    this would b nice the a/c is cranked so low in the new gym that it is actually cold in there. i have to hit the sauna before my workout but im dry by the time i walk to my first lift.

bluestrm is offline Associate Member
    Hey, a couple of you fellas are in my town. Edmen, you use the Live Oak Golds? I don't like that one much. Thousand Oaks and Nacogdoches has a good one.

Crossraods...screw that. Too packed!

Perrypup is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edmen2
    this would b nice the a/c is cranked so low in the new gym that it is actually cold in there. i have to hit the sauna before my workout but im dry by the time i walk to my first lift.
    It's back and fourth at my gym one time its cold next hot.. i like it warm better than cold i get a better work out IMO..

Quote Originally Posted by bluestrm
    Hey, a couple of you fellas are in my town. Edmen, you use the Live Oak Golds? I don't like that one much. Thousand Oaks and Nacogdoches has a good one.

Crossraods...screw that. Too packed!
    i call the live oak location "the walk around and look pretty gym" i only use it for my back and tri workouts. everything else i use naco!

Testostack is offline Anabolic Member
    what pisses me off is that kinda of skinny guys that think because u r twice their size and that he does not grow as fast as you can, that means you're "juicing", w/out having any knowledge on the topic.........losers!!
    And when that become obvious your on gear, they say "oh yeah that's because of roids, otherwise they wouldn't be so big"...that kinda assholes make me wanna crush'em against a wall w/ a 45 plate....

candyman md is offline Junior Member
    We (wife & son) joined our local family gym almost 18 months ago. Same kind of s**t! I know I am little on the larger size, than what most people in a "family"gym are used to seeing. Usually the wife and I are in there in the morning after our son gets onn the bus. I can't tell you how many times I have d-heads mess up a workout. How about when someone is asking advice while you are in the middle of reps? I ask for no attention, headphones on so no one will come and start to talk. Or so you would think. "Did you ever take steroids , oh I am sorry I mean "juice?" Pull my headphones out and say "yeah, mo**er f**ker! Now get out of my face before I use you as a striaght bar" What kind of idiots ask these things? All I ask for is 60 min to work out. I will be happy to help anybody with workout, diet, whatever after I am done. Leave me alone for 60 min! Oh, I forgot about sweating. It is a gym you are supposed to sweat!

Testostack is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by candyman md
    We (wife & son) joined our local family gym almost 18 months ago. Same kind of s**t! I know I am little on the larger size, than what most people in a "family"gym are used to seeing. Usually the wife and I are in there in the morning after our son gets onn the bus. I can't tell you how many times I have d-heads mess up a workout. How about when someone is asking advice while you are in the middle of reps? I ask for no attention, headphones on so no one will come and start to talk. Or so you would think. "Did you ever take steroids , oh I am sorry I mean "juice?" Pull my headphones out and say "yeah, mo**er f**ker! Now get out of my face before I use you as a striaght bar" What kind of idiots ask these things? All I ask for is 60 min to work out. I will be happy to help anybody with workout, diet, whatever after I am done. Leave me alone for 60 min! Oh, I forgot about sweating. It is a gym you are supposed to sweat!

I do really understand that feeling, got the same in my gym, guyz like talking shit and no even faking training, plus they're taking up space......i wish there could be gym were people who would like to chat aday long would be kicked out LMAO!!

elite2kr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Testostack
    what pisses me off is that kinda of skinny guys that think because u r twice their size and that he does not grow as fast as you can, that means you're "juicing", w/out having any knowledge on the topic.........losers!!
    And when that become obvious your on gear, they say "oh yeah that's because of roids, otherwise they wouldn't be so big"...that kinda assholes make me wanna crush'em against a wall w/ a 45 plate....
    i hate that

Thread Information