Eddie8 is offline Associate Member

Half life question for orals

I was on another post talking about the half life of Var. If the half life is 8 hours and you are spreading your intake throughout the day would it be fair to say that the actual effective amount you are taking is the sum total of what you have ingested over the last seven hours or so. If you were to take 30mg at 7am and 30mg at 7pm for a total of 60mg aren’t you really only taking 30mg because all of it is gone before you take your next dose? In other words if you want to take 60mg per day should you actually take 60mg every eight hours to have 60mg working in your body at one time? Damn....I sound like I am smoking weed or something.

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    After the 8 hour period the compound isnt out of your system. Half life is that rate at which a drug diminishes in the body. With an average person with healthy kidneys, after the 8 hour period approximately 45-65% will be filtered from the system. So you still have remaining drug in your system and every time you take your next dose you're adding to what is still left in your system.

Eddie8 is offline Associate Member
    So if you want to be on 60mg of say var per day, should you take your first dose at 60 and then take around 30 every eight hours or so to stay even?

Thread Information