juicinator567 is offline New Member

juice, back injury, can i train heavy again?

hi guys. i started using steroids in 2004. i continued to cycle until june this year, when i was on a pretty hefty (for me....100mg/150mg/daily)tren /prop. I injured my back doing a set of very heavy squats and the pain has not yet subsided. I have been to doc after doc with no improvement. MRI, X RAy, none of them showed and obvious cause of said pain. I received many different diagnosis, some ligamental, some said i had a small disc herniation at t-8 which is very uncommon according to the doctor and he said it has a tendency to cause lots of pain and take a long time to heal. Well after months of daily pain and no training, i am showing signs of healing, the pain is much more manageable. Some days it is still terrible but the good days are getting more and more frequent. I spoke with the doctor on the phone today and asked him two questions straight up. 1. Do you believe i will recover from this injury? He said yes, but it will take time, which i am okay with. 2. Can i train heavy again? he told me it would not be a good idea and to get interested in swimming, or biking, but he does not understand the BB mentality. I am now 205, down from 243. I ate, slept, and breathed training. The finest lookin thing in the world to me is a flat bench and a bunch of plates. This has not changed. I yearn and long to train, and i am told to start walking and swimming. Negative ghost writer. Have any of you had experience with injury and overcome over a long period of time? perhaps just any encouragement.... this is trying on my mind as i am sure you guys understand. Any thoughts would be helpful.

bump... doc sust maybe?

Perrypup is offline Associate Member
    Well it was a herniated disk from a auto accident, not from lifting, but yes it took a few years to get past it and now i am lifting decent again but im not doing to heavy on squats and not deadlifting -- main focus is upper back and legs and well all but lower back and i can tell when i am having a lower back problem so i go light -- i do try to do a little hyperextensions without weights at least once a week keep the lower back alive and abb workouts tend to give me a little grief still

Good Luck

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    I think Dr's often underestimate the recuperative capacity of the body. I was told 4 yrs ago I had a bulging disc in my lower back(snowmobiling). I took it easy, did the things the chiropractor told me and feel as good now as I ever did before, and yes I still lift heavy. Whenever I get to worrying about an injury I just think of what some of the greats have gone through, torn pecs/rotator cuffs/biceps/broken backs-I figure if I want to be like them, this is a good place to start.

thanks guys your right, thanks for the support shortie and perry, ill let you guys know what happens

Thread Information