Thread: Yes or No?

stumpy29 is offline Associate Member

Yes or No?

In the second week of my cylce have already gained 9 lbs and with my wonderful luck it feels like i am coming down with a cold. My question is do most of you still workout even when sick? I want to keep making gains. Or would I be doing more harm than good working out while i am sick? What are your opinions on this?

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You may well have test flu in which case I just work through it however if you become really sick then I would recover before lifting again. I once continued to workout when I was sick and ended up with pneumonia.

stumpy29 is offline Associate Member
    Two of my kids are sick. I think that it where i picked it up so should i workout or not?

Duke of Earl is offline Senior Member
    I'm in the same situation except am doing PCT (with IGF) and I'm just carrying on as usual - I just need more coffee before I go to the gym.
    I try to keep my training heavy, short and simple, so you're forcing your muscles to grow still, but not taxing the rest of your body too much so it can fight off any infection still.

31uniform is offline Associate Member
    When i start to feel sick, ill usually do 15 minutes more of cardio then usual at a mild intesity and then sit in the sauna for around 15min. That night i feel horrible but 90% of the time the next day i feel better.

mx747 is offline Associate Member
    If your sick to the point were you have an infection (nasty greenies).
    you should rest and do what you need to battle it. If you keep training it might keep you sick longer . I dont think a week of rest will hinder your results. Just remember to eat and drink lots of h2o .
    good luck

Thread Information