Z12
    Z12 is offline Associate Member

Newbie Cycle Critique Please......

YO! Thanks for your help guys, I appreciate it. This forum has taught me a lot that I couldn’t have otherwise learned. Sorry for the long post, I just want to give you the big picture. I intend to begin my first cycle in early 2007 & my stats are as follows: I am almost 24 years old, 5’-11”, 185 lbs, definitely an ectomorph. I haven’t grown in years & am sure that I am done growing. I have no idea what BF% I am. My scale says 23%, which is WRONG! The only fat on my body is on my love-handles/hips & even that is not bad. Volume wise, I’d say a cantaloupe-size (fruit) volume of fat around my midsection.

I’ve been lifting for 6 years, but more seriously for the last 3. My goals are not to become a competitive bodybuilder, just to become bigger, faster. My diet is quite healthy & well-rounded & I am a disciplined eater, but I could use more protein. I will be dramatically increasing the amount of meat, eggs, etc., that I eat as I come closer to beginning my cycle. I would say I currently eat +/- 200 grams of protein per day, mostly meat, eggs & shakes. Unfortunately, I am a cigarette smoker, +/- 10 butts per day. As a result, I get absolutely ZERO cardio exercise. I WILL quit a few weeks before my cycle, at least through the end of PCT. I’ve been doing my research around this website & others & feel like I have a descent understanding of AS. I will be getting blood tests every 6 or so weeks, mostly b/c I will be using accutane (for acne - not prescribed). Here is what I was thinking:

Accutane: 20-30 mg/day (more if necessary)
    Testosterone Enanthate : 500 mg/week, weeks 1-12
    Arimidex (AR-R ): 0.25 mg/day, weeks 1-19
    Nolva (AR-R): 20 mg/day, weeks 14-19
    Clomid (AR-R): 100 mg/day, weeks 14-18 (300 mg on day 1)

Although I am not prone to hair-loss, I am quite prone to acne on my face & worried about breaking out. I’ve been on 3 courses of accutane before, so I know what to expect. I’ve been on every drug under the sun & accutane is the only thing that works, so no cycling w/o the tane.

I doubt that I am prone to gyno. My body fat is not evenly distributed – it only goes to my love-handles/hips. The skin on my chest & pecs is pulled quite tight & there is no fat layer there at all. If I were a girl, I’d be flat-chested, but I’ll have l-dex, nolva & clomid on hand just in case.

Should I wait to take the arimidex until I notice itchy nipples? As I said, I doubt I’m prone to gyno.

Any advice for accutane & cycle? It’s just a lot of stress on my system.

Any other questions, comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks bro’s, I look forward to hearing from you.

shrpskn is offline Anabolic Member
    Looks like a good beginners cycle...

IMO, I wouldn't mess with the tane until after the cycle.

Z12
    Thanks shrpskn. Anybody else??? What about the l-dex? Should I wait for my nips or just take it from the start? Thanks.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by Z12
    Thanks shrpskn. Anybody else??? What about the l-dex? Should I wait for my nips or just take it from the start? Thanks.
    Cycle looks good. Stick with the l-dex. And as shrpskn says, stay away from the tane unless you really need it

king6 is offline Anabolic Member
    You have your armidex overlapping your nolva for PCT. You don't want to run an AI and a SERM at the same time, they cancel each other out. When you start your PCT you can stop the a-dex and start your Nolva, and what ever else you take. I would also stay away from the accutane, and just use proactive.

Z12
    Thanks guys. King6; I was following the mudman's thread "cycles for the newbie" for pct. He reccommended taking l-dex and nolva together, but I have read elsewhere to use one or the other - so what's the concensus?? As far as the accutane, I have a long history with acne and if my face started to break out, I KNOW the only thing strong enough to stop it would be accutane. My plan was to start w/ 10mg/day, which is virtually nothing, and see what happens. If no breakout I'll stay at 10, but if i do break out, I can immediately bump it up to 40mg or more to keep it in check. If anybody was gonna break out from AS, it'd be me. It takes time for my body to adjust to tane, so that's why I want to take the 10mg. If I break out, my body will already be adjusted to the tane, so if i bump up the dose it will work immediately instead of waiting for accutane to kick in while my face goes down the shitter. Proactiv is good stuff, but I must have the accutane and I promise to keep it at a very low dose unless I need more. So I shouldn't do arimidex & nolva at same time??? Don't wait for my nipples, just take the a-dex throughout?? Thanks again bro's, I appreciate it.

roodogg is offline Associate Member
    i would switch to aromasin for pct 20-25mg's a day

GHO5T is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Z12
    YO! Thanks for your help guys, I appreciate it. This forum has taught me a lot that I couldn’t have otherwise learned. Sorry for the long post, I just want to give you the big picture. I intend to begin my first cycle in early 2007 & my stats are as follows: I am almost 24 years old, 5’-11”, 185 lbs, definitely an ectomorph. I haven’t grown in years & am sure that I am done growing. I have no idea what BF% I am. My scale says 23%, which is WRONG! The only fat on my body is on my love-handles/hips & even that is not bad. Volume wise, I’d say a cantaloupe-size (fruit) volume of fat around my midsection.

I’ve been lifting for 6 years, but more seriously for the last 3. My goals are not to become a competitive bodybuilder, just to become bigger, faster. My diet is quite healthy & well-rounded & I am a disciplined eater, but I could use more protein. I will be dramatically increasing the amount of meat, eggs, etc., that I eat as I come closer to beginning my cycle. I would say I currently eat +/- 200 grams of protein per day, mostly meat, eggs & shakes. Unfortunately, I am a cigarette smoker, +/- 10 butts per day. As a result, I get absolutely ZERO cardio exercise. I WILL quit a few weeks before my cycle, at least through the end of PCT. I’ve been doing my research around this website & others & feel like I have a descent understanding of AS. I will be getting blood tests every 6 or so weeks, mostly b/c I will be using accutane (for acne - not prescribed). Here is what I was thinking:

Accutane: 20-30 mg/day (more if necessary)
    Testosterone Enanthate : 500 mg/week, weeks 1-12
    Arimidex (AR-R ): 0.25 mg/day, weeks 1-19
    Nolva (AR-R): 20 mg/day, weeks 14-19
    Clomid (AR-R): 100 mg/day, weeks 14-18 (300 mg on day 1)

Although I am not prone to hair-loss, I am quite prone to acne on my face & worried about breaking out. I’ve been on 3 courses of accutane before, so I know what to expect. I’ve been on every drug under the sun & accutane is the only thing that works, so no cycling w/o the tane.

I doubt that I am prone to gyno. My body fat is not evenly distributed – it only goes to my love-handles/hips. The skin on my chest & pecs is pulled quite tight & there is no fat layer there at all. If I were a girl, I’d be flat-chested, but I’ll have l-dex, nolva & clomid on hand just in case.

Should I wait to take the arimidex until I notice itchy nipples? As I said, I doubt I’m prone to gyno.

Any advice for accutane & cycle? It’s just a lot of stress on my system.

Any other questions, comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks bro’s, I look forward to hearing from you.
    i would drop the tane and nolva, everything else looks good run the arimidex throughout cycle (pct aswell)

btw roodogg nice avatar bro

cfiler is offline Anabolic Member
    Just drop the tane, and your cycle is perfect.

Thread Information