ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member

Why do I have Gas and Can't sleep?!

Ok,, I know the question leaves me open for a good waxing,, but I wanted to get your attention.
    I am on week 5 of a EQ/TEST stack (600mg ea/wk)
    For the last 3 weeks or so I've had some wicked gas (I slipped one on a plane last week and almost forced an emergency landing!)
    I am taking muti-vits, flax seed oil, liquid amino, Whey protein, milk thistle, cranberry extract.
    Diet: breakfast = oatmeal & fruit
    lunch = chicken/pasta/veggie stir fry (with olive oil)
    dinner = same as lunch, but I do sub fish in eod.
    snacks are granola, fruit, raw veggies, yogurt....

Also, I can lift for 1.5 hrs, then do cardio for 1.5 hrs,,, be exhausted as shit,, but when I go to bed I can't fall asleep, and when I do sleep it's fitful,,, I wake up with the bed looking like I was sleeping with a pissed off bobcat! (my girlfriend has taken refuge on the couch!)
    this is only my third cycle and first stack. is this normal behavior or am I wacked?!
    thanks,
    Ripper

Tankass is offline Senior Member
    haha PooP!

Tankass is offline Senior Member
    On a more serious note . . . I feel your pain bro. The protein is all it takes to put me over.

ragin' is offline Associate Member
    i dont know about others, but for me.... tearing up the bed is totally normal behavior during a cycle. my wife has also taken refuge to the sofa. she has to change the sheets daily due to the fact that i sweat like a fountian while sleeping and she wakes up either freezing or w/ no room. i feel ya, bro.

thanks ragin' -- it's good to know I'm not alone... well, actually I AM alone since I've run the GF out of the bed!!

Tankass,,, (BTW great name!) I was suspecting the protein -- guess I'll just have to suffer (along with the others around me!) for a few more weeks.. some advice,,, don't get on a plane with me!!
    Ripper

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    I have the same problems dude. Lots of sex seems to help me fall asleep.As for the gas i think everyone has bad gas if there on any kinda weight lifting diet.
    Just try to keep your sheets vented . I dont think your woman would appreciate a dutch oven .

IGF-1 is offline Associate Member
    sako and u still ask why u have gas ,ur eating like a horse bro which is good. dont worry itll pass threw un till then let them ripped

Cool Rage!! I made my girlfriend read your post... "lots of sex! Doctors orders!"
    since I've been on this cycle my dick gets where I'm going 5 minutes before I do,, and up till now she has been unsympathetic.
    So I've been turning :china: if you get my drift.. lol
    now, as long as I don't rip a stinker and kill the moment I'm set!!

Tarzan is offline Associate Member
    Your not alone bro, My wife and training partner want to kill me.
    I pesonaly think the EQ and the protein are the main culprits.
    I guess we will have to suffer

RUSSIANBEAR is offline Member
    Bro all BB's are know for that, high protein diets will do that to ya. I also had alot of trouble falling asleep on EQ even gave me slight case of anxiety. Had way too much enrgy could not even sit there and watch TV costantly had to do something "it was kinda nutz". As far as gas tear it up bro my girl has adapted to it after a while hehe.

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    As for the sleep part--are you sure you aren't over-training? maybe the increased stamina the 'roids give you is letting you work yorself too hard! Don't take that as gospel--lets see if there are more opinions on that from other folks though...

Hey guys,, not sleeping on the job,, just been gone all week (F***ing work!!)
    I don't think I'm training too hard/much,,
    although lately I have stepped it up a bit and have been doing two workouts a day but splitting it between cardio and resistence.
    this shit is really strange,,, I get going on a good workout (esp Shoulders) and I blow up like frickin Arnold but then I look at myself in the mornings and I really don't see much gain..
    the pumps are unreal.... three sets and "POOF!" I'm all swold up!
    whatever,, if nothing else $400 and two shots in the ass a week is enough to get me in the gym!!
    Last edited by ripped4fsu; 05-20-2002 at 05:55 PM.

sperminater is offline New Member
    gear speed's up you're metabolism, which cause's insomnia. whey still has a lot of lactose, despite what "supplement seller's" say. take lactaid when you eat whey. it will get rid of gas.

cool,, thanks for the tip spremster!!

tracepyott is offline New Member
    yah im on deca , and i seem t have the exact same problem sleeping. I think it is the deca because nothign has changed except when i added it to my cycle. I have sleep apnea anyways, and i wake up feeling like i missed a breath, its kidna of scary, but i have anxiety too so i know im worrying about nothign. Anyone else have this prob while taking deca. Is there a scientific reason for this?

sperminater is offline New Member
    Originally posted by tracepyott
    yah im on deca, and i seem t have the exact same problem sleeping. I think it is the deca because nothign has changed except when i added it to my cycle. I have sleep apnea anyways, and i wake up feeling like i missed a breath, its kidna of scary, but i have anxiety too so i know im worrying about nothign. Anyone else have this prob while taking deca. Is there a scientific reason for this?
    it like all AS is a stimulant. stimulant's cause insomnia, and/or anxiety. for anxiety try 2 aspirin. it work's for me temporarily. if you have any question's e-mail me.

Trace,, I feel you bro about the apnea deal,,, I wake up gasping sometimes... pretty freaky shit,, but I've been doing that for years, long before I started AS so I didn't mention it. apparently my breathing keeps getting shallower and shallower until I stop completely,, then I take a DEEP breath like a gasp and it wakes me up... scares my girlfriend shitless,,, I told her to learn mouth to mouth, CPR and forget about it!!

ripped_82 is offline Member
    As we all know sleep is very important for any bodybuilder, or someone who trains for recovery. This could become a problem in how much you gain off of this cycle. I am speeking from personal experience. During a previous cycle I was lucky if I got 4hrs of sleep a night, thats wwhen I threw in some melatonin. That shit knocked me out, and the gains I got within a week were unbelievable. Try it bro, you will see a huge difference in your appearance and training. Go for 2-3mgs of timed released melatonin per night on an empty stomach

tracepyott is offline New Member
    good posts gentlemen really helpful I appreciate the info

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    It's the protein and your diet. I have the same problem. I eat these damn protein cookies, (good as hell), but by 12:00 I am about ready to launch the space shuttle with all the gas. Good thing I am not married, I would quickly have a divorce I think.
    Don't worry happens to us all bud.. LOL

Melatonin huh? I've heard that works good,, but had forgotten all about it! thanks for the heads up... does it make you groggy in the mornings? I would LOVE to bank 8 hrs sleep a night,, and I have the TIME,, but just can't hit REM very often.. I will try it,,
    thanks,
    Ripper

ripped_82 is offline Member
    ON 8 hrs sleep you should wake up fine. But it is a little hard to wake up on from time-time, but its better than not sleeping at all.

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    I cant sleep either and on about same cycle as you but i been taking sleeping pills and they have helped a little.

cool,, will get some tomorrow!!

shlape is offline New Member
    Originally posted by tracepyott
    I have sleep apnea anyways, and i wake up feeling like i missed a breath, its kidna of scary, but i have anxiety too so i know im worrying about nothign. Anyone else have this prob while taking deca. Is there a scientific reason for this?
    Do you use a CPAP machine or VPAP?
    Ive been thinking of getting on the gear, but theres a few issues that keep me off them for now.

Been getting acne on-and-off for some time and Im not sure if its related to the apnea. Do you (or did you) have a similar problem before the gear?
    I have plenty of water and a very clean diet... but cant seem to figure this one out.

Also, have you heard any info (online or from speaking with others) about the sleep apnea link to poor kidney function, and the use of a dialysis machine to clear the problem up. I know... sounds extreme, but Ive run into this info a few times.

sorry for all the wierd questions... its just that I havent had a chance to talk with someone with apnea (and does weight training as well) yet.

NoTimer is offline Junior Member
    I haven't taken any aas yet,but i've had sleeping problems for a very long time.When i do have to sleep,like during an exam period,i use *****(EDITED).

My only problem is that it causes some muscle twitching and raises appetite A LOT.But the job gets done.Also,i use it at a low dose(25-100mg)and many use it at 500-600mg so it's a kinda small dose.

I'm not recommending you take it,but thought i'd give my 2 cents.If you do,make sure you do your research or even talk with a doc
    Last edited by NoTimer; 01-17-2011 at 05:42 AM.

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    This is a 9 year old thread that was bumped by a spammer...

smalltime7 is offline Member
    i honestly believe carbs is a gas and sleep culprit I was on a ketosis diet. gas was gone and I have never slept better.

Misery13 is offline Not Here
    Quote Originally Posted by ripped4fsu View Post
    Melatonin huh? I've heard that works good,, but had forgotten all about it! thanks for the heads up... does it make you groggy in the mornings? I would LOVE to bank 8 hrs sleep a night,, and I have the TIME,, but just can't hit REM very often.. I will try it,,
    thanks,
    Ripper
    You will wake up feeling well rested...not groggy...

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ripped4fsu View Post
    Ok,, I know the question leaves me open for a good waxing,, but I wanted to get your attention.
    I am on week 5 of a EQ/TEST stack (600mg ea/wk)
    For the last 3 weeks or so I've had some wicked gas (I slipped one on a plane last week and almost forced an emergency landing!)
    I am taking muti-vits, flax seed oil, liquid amino, Whey protein, milk thistle, cranberry extract.
    Diet: breakfast = oatmeal & fruit
    lunch = chicken/pasta/veggie stir fry (with olive oil)
    dinner = same as lunch, but I do sub fish in eod.
    snacks are granola, fruit, raw veggies, yogurt....

Also, I can lift for 1.5 hrs, then do cardio for 1.5 hrs,,, be exhausted as shit,, but when I go to bed I can't fall asleep, and when I do sleep it's fitful,,, I wake up with the bed looking like I was sleeping with a pissed off bobcat! (my girlfriend has taken refuge on the couch!)
    this is only my third cycle and first stack. is this normal behavior or am I wacked?!
    thanks,
    Ripper
    Are you having any protein shakes or bars?
    Its something in your diet I would guess.

NoTimer is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by D7M View Post
    This is a 9 year old thread that was bumped by a spammer...
    1/i didn't notice it was 9 years old.i've been doing some searching lately and maybe i replied to this as i was reading the results of the search forgetting to check how old it was.

2/i posted for the first time around july and have 33 posts discussing mostly my workout and my diet and you can check that out yourself too.I didn't just register and try to advertise

3/if i was a real spammer i wouldn't even bother replying to your post.

4/Besides all this,if i did break a rule i'm sorry

If you still think it was a spam then i don't know what else to say

Johnyonemove is offline Associate Member
    I just like the 3 guys that responded right after he says its a 9 year old post... FML

Thread Information