G-Force is offline Anabolic Member

how do people manage to use the time on= time off principle

i find it really difficult, as soon as my pct is over, and after loosing strength i am desperatley wanting to do another cycle

how do people hold back

i've done 3 cycles in one year - just finished my last one 4 weeks ago and i'm already itching to do my next one

wolfyEVH is offline Anabolic Member
    because i know its good for my body to get a break. some people wait until they get their normal levels back and THEN cycle again, I however feel you should wait a bit longer even after you're normal. JMO

try not to make it an ego issue as well. who cares that your strength went down a bit or you lost a few pounds. think of how much you gained and KEPT during your cycle. not what you lost.

farrebarre is offline Anabolic Member
    didnt want to hold back, but had an injury so i kinda had to, now its been 4-5 months. 20days and counting down left to cycle

Quote Originally Posted by wolfyEVH
    because i know its good for my body to get a break. some people wait until they get their normal levels back and THEN cycle again, I however feel you should wait a bit longer even after you're normal. JMO

try not to make it an ego issue as well. who cares that your strength went down a bit or you lost a few pounds. think of how much you gained and KEPT during your cycle. not what you lost.

i know this - but dont u hate going to the gym every day and going BACKWARDS in your progress - its soo frustrating - i am gonna try my best to last 4months off this time , but to be honest i dont think i'll make it

Quote Originally Posted by G-Force
    i know this - but dont u hate going to the gym every day and going BACKWARDS in your progress - its soo frustrating - i am gonna try my best to last 4months off this time , but to be honest i dont think i'll make it
    think of it this way, your one of the big guys at ur gym, even if u lose weight ur still gonna be HUGE compared to the rest.

ps. if thats u in the avatar, ur huge bro!

Quote Originally Posted by farrebarre
    think of it this way, your one of the big guys at ur gym, even if u lose weight ur still gonna be HUGE compared to the rest.

ps. if thats u in the avatar, ur huge bro!

yeah its me, but i dont feel huge
    need more gear ah **** i've gotta stop thinking like that

yeah its me, but i dont feel huge
    need more gear ah **** i've gotta stop thinking like that
    lol, do i see a case of bigorexia?
    listen you sexy pile of muscle ur huge!
    (NO im not gay and thats not a pick up line)

Quote Originally Posted by farrebarre
    lol, do i see a case of bigorexia?
    listen you sexy pile of muscle ur huge!
    (NO im not gay and thats not a pick up line)

its ok i expect this from Sweedish people

puremass is offline New Member
    I say never stop when im supposed to come off i just go to 1 cc a week thats it nothing big just to keep mosst of what i have. cant be good but who cares.. lol jmo

XBiker is offline Retired Vet
    Your body will always try and reach homeostasis (balance).

If it's not used to producing hormones, the body will accept that as normal (down regulation) and not try and produce what would normally be there.

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by puremass
    I say never stop when im supposed to come off i just go to 1 cc a week thats it nothing big just to keep mosst of what i have. cant be good but who cares.. lol jmo
    this is not a good idea!

if you care about keeping your natural test production than it is important to take time off. if you don't mind being on HRT for the rest of your life....go for it. keep in mind cholesterol and liver values as well.

Smiley619 is offline Member
    puremass, you have to be the only person who doesnt care about his body...

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiley619
    puremass, you have to be the only person who doesnt care about his body...
    hisnattytest

ODC0717 is offline Anabolic Member
    This is the most ignorant thing I've heard in regards to AAS use. Shit like this gives AAS a bad rap, IMO. That aside, I think that overall health and longevity should be a priority. Especially when using AAS. That's JMHO, I repect them enough not to abuse them. I really don't feel like croaking at any age due to circumstances that were rooted from AAS abuse. I plan to have my health as long as I can lif a weight and walk on a treadmill.

bigtraps is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by XBiker
    Your body will always try and reach homeostasis (balance).

If it's not used to producing hormones, the body will accept that as normal (down regulation) and not try and produce what would normally be there.
    Basicaly you saying that your body does not produce hormones while "on". ....and maybe won't produce the hormones again if you do not take time off? Or WTF are you saying..lol

i wana keep my health and am gonna try my hardest to stay off for 4months , but it will be difficult

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    its ok i expect this from Sweedish people
    As a Finnish person I enjoyed that

zircon is offline Junior Member
    2 x 10 weekers a year = max for me.

Hope that doesnt change lol.

I_Want_Abs is offline Senior Member
    i am about to finish my first cycle and jump into pct.
    no im not looking forward to droping a bit of weight and no im not looking forward to going slightly backwards in regards to the amount of weight i can lift and even though i feel better than i do natural and my gains shot through the roof i dont wanna **** my body up by running again to soon or running to long.
    also when it comes down to it im not the richest of people so it is virtually impossable for me to even think about running another cycle for at least 4 to 6 months

this is just my 2 cents

zircon is offline Junior Member
    lol, sometimes not having enough moeny can be a blessing

BobShocker is offline Junior Member
    i wana keep my health and am gonna try my hardest to stay off for 4months , but it will be difficult
    G-Force - just give something else a try like HGH, Slin or whatever. . . if you are feeling really crazy check out some BSN NO Explode . . . it'll make you train like a freak!!

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Come meet me for a workout sometime. You can kick my arse and feel better

wrestler152 is offline Associate Member
    i know exactly what you mean. Two months and i am about to go crazy. It is so mentally addictive. I feel like i have shrunk into puny ,man. I hate how you lose that thick shoulder look. That and my neck is usually the first thing to thin out. I have a terrible time trying to stay off. I always have some sort of excuse on why i should start again. I do proper pct but as soon as its done i am ready to go. Damn that sucks to be whipped so bad by something. AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGHHHHHHH I know down deep i shouldn't do it but i just tell myself, "next time I'll stay off a real long time!" lol

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    It's really not time on=time off. That is just a reference to go by. Do your PCT, wait a couple weeks or so and get bloodwork done. If everything looks good then I see no reason you're not ready for another dose. Without proper bloodwork, how do you really know what your body is doing? You don't.
    BD

Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    Come meet me for a workout sometime. You can kick my arse and feel better

that could help

Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    It's really not time on=time off. That is just a reference to go by. Do your PCT, wait a couple weeks or so and get bloodwork done. If everything looks good then I see no reason you're not ready for another dose. Without proper bloodwork, how do you really know what your body is doing? You don't.
    BD

i got my blood work done whilst on cycle and everything was pretty much normal - however they didnt tell me my test levels or any interesting stuff like i thought they would - maybe i'll have to be more specific next time

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    BD
    it would be wonderful if it really worked that way...unfortunately, most of us don't go that route...

as far as losing gains, i can't speak from personal experience, but i do know a couple of bros who have approached AAS use differently, with what appear to be better overall results...

instead of bulking up and cutting down over and over again, they've used milder compounds at a more steady pace, and have gradually built up to their current physiques, which i must say, are quite impressive...they don't have periods of massive strength, followed by periods of depression...

me, i've done the complete opposite, which isn't so bad, since, like someone mentioned, nobody really knows how weak i am when i'm off cuz i still look big ...just my $.02

AM

bigtraps is offline Member
    i got my blood work done whilst on cycle and everything was pretty much normal - however they didnt tell me my test levels or any interesting stuff like i thought they would - maybe i'll have to be more specific next time

If you want to see your testostrone levels, you have to ask them for it specificaly. Or they won't check you blood work for them. Atleast that is what I have to do.

wrestler152 is offline Associate Member
    if you do moderate doses for short periods on and off won't that still mess with your bodies ability to produce test. I agree those cycles would be very safe and beneficial but wouldn't you be signing yourself up as a lifer?

Alpha-Male is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestler152
    if you do moderate doses for short periods on and off won't that still mess with your bodies ability to produce test. I agree those cycles would be very safe and beneficial but wouldn't you be signing yourself up as a lifer?
    i'm not sure if this was in reference to my post or not, but the 'moderate' doses of milder compounds are still ran at normal cycle lengths, i.e. 8-12 weeks, and of course, they will affect your hpta, but you still run your ancillaries and pct...it's just that you're not gaining 25-30lbs of weight (which likely include lots of water weight gain), and massive gains in strength...instead, youre seeing modest gains in both size and strength, that tend to stay with you even when youre off...did that make any sense? felt like a ramble...

AM

instead of time on = time off i goto doc and he says ur good to go i and i go POKE

Quote Originally Posted by killachinchilla
    instead of time on = time off i goto doc and he says ur good to go i and i go POKE
    he got banned quickly

?

duramaxedge is offline Senior Member
    after my first cycle (Prop/Dbol cycle) I remember weeks after the end of my cycle and the test was gone.. I would get VERY aggravated in the gym.. I finally unfortunately just gave up.. Its taken me almost 8/9 months to get the mental push to get going again.. SO I understand this completely.. and I am hoping I can keep things going after this cycle.. But I guess its definately a worry for me.. I feel like I turn back into Clark Kent and it sucks

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    i am trying my best to stick to time on= time off... but i am finding it difficult after only 3 days on pct...lol... losing strength sucks... i think i will not do anymore 20 week cycles, cause 20 weeks off is a long time.... i'm gonna try to do short ester cycles for 8 to 10 weeks tops, so i can get more cycles in....

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by topvega
    i am trying my best to stick to time on= time off... but i am finding it difficult after only 3 days on pct...lol... losing strength sucks... i think i will not do anymore 20 week cycles, cause 20 weeks off is a long time.... i'm gonna try to do short ester cycles for 8 to 10 weeks tops, so i can get more cycles in....
    If your blood work comes back fine in 2-3 months.You don't have to wait five months to get back on.Once you recover,it's wide open!!!!I'd be in a mental institution if I ever waited 5 mos...lol..

Reprisal 6 is offline Associate Member

This sounds bad but this is a common attitude.

look around
    you obviously aren't the only one out there doing this.
    Last edited by Reprisal 6; 11-13-2005 at 03:21 PM.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-Male
    it would be wonderful if it really worked that way...unfortunately, most of us don't go that route...
    AM
    It does work that way to someone that cares about their health. I know plenty of guys who take my approach, What is unfortunate is that either you do not do this or you know people who choose not to get bloodwork done. People like that are careless.

Bloodtest=under $300 Cheap investment.

Quote Originally Posted by topvega

good idea - my next cycle will be only 12 weeks rather than my usual 17+ weeks - i find after 12 weeks that your gains are minimal anyway

Thread Information