Big M is offline Associate Member

Oxandrolone Side effect

I wonder will Oxandrolone make me loose my hair.. I´ve read that hairloss is coused by activation of the AR receptor in the scalp (mostly by DHT) I know Oxandrolone is a DHT derivate but It´s not so androgenic So how bad can it be?? will finastride/ proscar help?? Please help Guys

FlyByU is offline Associate Member
    Nah you'll still be a pretty boy dude

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Yeah, you will be fine. Don't expect to much from var only tho. It works infinitely better in stacks.

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    For someone very prone to hairloss var will have some effect! The androgen recepter in the scalp is the same as the one in the muscle.

elite2kr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor
    For someone very prone to hairloss var will have some effect! The androgen recepter in the scalp is the same as the one in the muscle.

so does that mean the more prone you are to hair loss the more muscle it should put on you?

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Quote Originally Posted by elite2kr
    so does that mean the more prone you are to hair loss the more muscle it should put on you?
    No. DHT has almost zero effect in muscle tissue, because it enzymatically reduced. The skin and prostate have numerous DHT receptors hence enlarged prostate, acne, and hairloss. It depends on genetics how much test gets converted to DHT, how many receptors you have, where they are concentrated and how sensitive they are.

oswaldosalcedo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Big M
    I wonder will Oxandrolone make me loose my hair.. I´ve read that hairloss is coused by activation of the AR receptor in the scalp (mostly by DHT) I know Oxandrolone is a DHT derivate but It´s not so androgenic So how bad can it be?? will finastride/ proscar help?? Please help Guys
    use avodart anyway.
    from oxa not much muscle.
    add deca .

Big M is offline Associate Member
    Thank you guys feel better now, I´m 20 years old and all my relatives are bald. Nightmare to loose hair!! Think I´m seeing my harline heading backwards Is avodart better than finasterid? and has anyone tried that rogaine stuff?

If your strength or speed is important to you, don't take any DHT lowering drugs, since DHT is important for neural drive.

fred9 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyByU
    If your strength or speed is important to you, don't take any DHT lowering drugs, since DHT is important for neural drive.
    ben johnson wont agree with u...

you can lower your dht and take 50-100 of proviron (mesterolone).

with 50-100 mg there is no acne,nor balding.
    and there is strength.

Quote Originally Posted by fred9
    ben johnson wont agree with u...
    LOL. Ben Johnson NEVER took any DHT lowering drugs. They weren't around then and he wasn't the slightest bit concerned about losing his hair!

thebrakes is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oswaldosalcedo
    you can lower your dht and take 50-100 of proviron (mesterolone).

with 50-100 mg there is no acne,nor balding.
    and there is strength.
    HUH???? proviron will MAKE you lose your hair, and pretty quickly too.

Big M - if all the males in your family have receding hairlines, it is only a matter of time before you do also. especially if you are seeing temple recession at 20 y/o.

i didnt start to see anything til i was 25 on my first cycle. now i use gear that is very hairline-friendly - deca , tbol, var, EQ and of course test with dutasteride...and by the way, dutasteride will prevent 5AR reduction of all steroids , so it'll prevent DHN (debatably better than deca on MPB) and 1-T (definitely worse for your hair than EQ) respectively..and of course DHT which is the main culprit. basically any drug with alot of androgenicity that cant be impacted by 5AR reduction will hurt your hairline - tren , masteron , primo (maybe), winny, dbol , drol, halo...all bad if you are MPB prone.

you're gonna lose it eventually - exactly how long is up to you, to an extent. dutasteride is GOOD stuff for test cycles. i wont run one without it...wish it was cheaper. $1/pill is the best i can do.

vitor is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thebrakes

Big M - if all the males in your family have receding hairlines, it is only a matter of time before you do also. especially if you are seeing temple recession at 20 y/o.

i didnt start to see anything til i was 25 on my first cycle. now i use gear that is very hairline-friendly - deca , tbol, var, EQ and of course test with dutasteride...and by the way, dutasteride will prevent 5AR reduction of all steroids , so it'll prevent DHN (debatably better than deca on MPB) and 1-T (definitely worse for your hair than EQ) respectively..and of course DHT which is the main culprit. basically any drug with alot of androgenicity that cant be impacted by 5AR reduction will hurt your hairline - tren , masteron , primo (maybe), winny, dbol , drol, halo...all bad if you are MPB prone.

you're gonna lose it eventually - exactly how long is up to you, to an extent. dutasteride is GOOD stuff for test cycles. i wont run one without it...wish it was cheaper. $1/pill is the best i can do.
    Primo is very low andogenic, so is winstrol actually.

thebrakes is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vitor
    Primo is very low andogenic, so is winstrol actually.
    1) show me the vida page
    2) tell that to every guy who lost alot of hair on winny

like i said, primo users have reported hairloss, but it's not consistent enough for me to assert it.

SPIKE is offline AR-Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Big M
    Is avodart better than finasterid?

Very debatable question. I've tried Finisteride but never avodart.

Quote Originally Posted by thebrakes

------------------------------------------

i have a lot of clients,some hair loss prone
    all has gone well.

5 alpha-Reductase Isoenzyme Inhibition
    Both dutasteide and finasteride are 4-azasteroid inhibitors of 5 a -reductase , the enzyme responsible for converting testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in the prostate. DHT is the primary androgen int the prostate and has a major role in the development and progression of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and other prostate diseases (1,2,3,4) as well as androgenetic alopecia (5,6).

Two isoenzymes of 5 a -reductase exist (type 1 and type 2). Type 2 is the dominant isoenzyme in genital tissues including the prostate, but is also present in the skin and liver. Type "1" 5 a -reductase is also found in the skin, liver and prostate, and is the dominant form in sebaceous glands. (1,2,4).
    Finasteride is a competitive inhibitor of 5 a -reductase that selectively inhibits the type 2 isoenzyme, with which it forms a stable enzyme complex.

this selective activity is attributed to a much lower affinity for the type 1 isoenzyme, and thus a slow rate of type 1 isoenzyme inhibition. In contrast,dutasteride is a competitive inhibitor of both forms of the enzyme, with 45-fold greater potency than finasteride against type 1 and type 2 isoenzymes at clinically used doses. this dual inhibition may potentially be beneficial in prostatic diseased that depend on androgens, since both isoenzymes are up-regulated in BPH while only the type 1 isoenzyme is up-regulated in prostate cancer, as noted above (2,1).

Pharmacogenetic analysis of human steroid 5 alpha reductase type II: comparison of finasteride and dutasteride.
    Makridakis N, Reichardt JK.
    J Mol Endocrinol. 2005 Jun;34(3):617-23.

An update on the use of 5 alpha-reductase inhibitors.
    Foley CL, Bott SR, Shergill IS, Kirby RS.

and from the beginning:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by oswaldosalcedo

use avodart anyway.
    from oxa not much muscle.
    add deca.
    Last edited by oswaldosalcedo; 11-19-2005 at 01:08 PM.

Thread Information