Ta TownBacker is offline Junior Member

Drinking on Cycle? Substantial evidence

I just wanted to know if anyone has substantial evidence that this is bad for you. I am sick of people acting like it will kill you. I had a complete physical while on a Winny/Anavar cycle, my liver values were fine. As for it "destroying" your gains, I play college football, half my team is geared out, almost all of them drink, and all are strong as hell. I really think someone should post some substantial evidence about this.

The problem I have with these boards is that most knowledge people profess to know is stuff they have read on here and then in turn posted as if a Doctor told them, in other words it's recycled knowledge. Most people on these boards (myself included) have no expertise in the field of steroids , especially in the harms they can possibly do to our bodies.

Ta TownBacker

Kaz
    Kaz is offline Member
    Excellent point and one which has long been debated in some depth.

The reasons that many people (Myself included but I dont drink anyway) swear off drink when on cycle are usually simple enough, but tend to get blown out of proporion.

Firstly of course drinking hits your liver - If you are using 17aa gear and start drinking you are only putting your liver under more stress, and obviously we would be sensible to avoid that if possible.

Secondly alcohol is made up of uselss calories - Many of the guys simply cannot bear to have those useless calories in their system when they are on cycle since they may well also be in the middle of a cutting diet etc.

I dont think there is any problem about having a blow out here and there. We are all human and we all need to let our hair down in some way sometimes. As you correctly pointed out many of your buddies do this all the time and are fine by that. There will however always be an excption and if YOU happen to be that exception you wont feel very good about it!

The rule I think that you should apply to this is the same rule I apply to AS use in the first place - Moderation and Common Sense! It is probably detrimental to your gains if you go out and get trashed 5 nights a week, on cycle or not!

Im sure you have heard that there is none so pious as an EX-drinker(smoker etc) and those who abstaine while on cycle are going to be very strict about themselves and therefore try to promote that same strictness onto others. This is not a bad thing, since it educates new users to the possible dangers, and then in turn they are prompted to look up questions like this one.

As for expertise in steroids , some of the guys on here have a massive amount of experience and education in subjects which include steroids and their use. Because AS are illegal in most places, and the governments do not do any kind of testing on them all of our information comes from the personal experience of those who came before us.

That means that most of us can never be experts unless we study in a field which includes the use/application of steroids. We can however learn from others and our own use, and pass that knowledge along. As it goes it will snowball, and more and more knowledge is added to the group pot.

It is not an ideal situation but I think we are doing pretty well!

Ta TownBacker is offline Junior Member
    Right man!

I didn't mean to sound like a jerk, I just think a lot of people on here victimize themselves by believing every thing they read. A perfect example of this is Ttokkyo anavar . You can do a search and you will find some guy who swears it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, then you will find some guy who got gyno from it, but of course he got it right from the distributor (they all say this to make thier cliam more reputable). As is the case with most information on this board and others like it, Alchohol and it's effects on the body, while detremental, are not as bad as many people give it credit for. I just whish more people could post substantial evidence such as reports and studies.

Ta TownBacker

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Life is always a compromise, so choose your compromises wisely.

That's all I have to say!

RUSSIANBEAR is offline Member
    I know it aint gono kill ya but i am sure its not all that healthy to take two diffrent 17aa orals and drink on top of that. However I feel that if you do it in moderation then you should be ok. Personally i would never do it you only have one body for the rest of your life.

samoth is offline Member
    Depends on what you mean by drinking... being from college also, and I dont know about you, but few people here just drink. Most just try to get drunk. Granted, drinking _a_ drink of alcohol here and there, or even every day will _not_ harm you... however getting drunk severely disrupts protein synthesis. I see where people are coming from on both sides... those that think of drinking as just a drink or two, and those like me who more often than not see a drink or two turn into a game of who can chug the bottle quicker. It is all relative.

Thread Information