emma2020 is offline Junior Member

Should I or should I not?

I have ask questions on this before, I am new to this and trying to know as much as I can. I injected last week, my left side was done last Monday and is doing fine ( a little sore but getting better every day ) but right side witch was done last Thursday is swollen and red, the red spot is about 4'' by 5'' and hurts a lot. It doesn't itch and other than it being painfull it's seems ok. Do I need to go to the DR because it may be infected? Also I used hudge 20g 1.5 N and I am now going to use 25g for the rest. Please give advice if possible.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Where did you inject? I wouldn't be too concerned as of yet, I've had many similar reactions which persisted for over 1 weeks. Sometimes you just have bad injections even though everything seems to have gone perfectly.

Things to keep an eye on: the swelling spreads noticeably, you start to run a fever, the red spreads (although this can be benign).

Take some ibuprofen and try applying a heating pad if you have one. It will probably get better without doctors assistance. The size pin you used may have promoted this kind of reaction but isn't solely responsible.

I shot the upper glute, I just want to make sure I am doing everything I can to stay on top of this. I am very nervous about infection, but i am probibly over reacting.

Smiley619 is offline Member
    do as he said and, if things dont get better go to the doc

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    Is it warm to the touch? When I got an infection in my thigh, I could feel the heat through my pants. Be very careful bro..

Yah it's warm, but the other side was warm to and is doing much better!

defiently use atleast a 23 gauge!!! my delt and tricep rejion was infected, red swollen and warm. had the fever for 2 days, no biggy! Hang in there, your butt wont fall off.

-ghdt

Thanks, I will just watch it and if it gets worse or a fever sets in I will go to the DR

PunkOff is offline Associate Member
    yeah id say just keep an eye on it.. dont do anything yet, and 20 guage damn son.. def switch to a 23 for the glute

I got 25 guage inch and a half is that good?

Is there anything I can take over the counter that will help incase it is an infection?

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    you'll need antibiotics. If you live in the US you'll need an RX for them so nothing otc will really help.

GearAholic is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    i had an infection in my glute once like every 1 stated above swelled up sensitive to touch and i could feel the heat when i was barley touching it, if it is infected i had some Amoxicillin 500mg capsules from god knows what i took 1 capsule 3 times daily knocked it out in like 2-3 days

~GA

Thread Information