JP1570 is offline Senior Member

AS and Hypoclycemia

My friend, this is actually my friend not me, went to the doctor and was told he was hypoglycemic. He had just finished a light cycle of eq when he went. I told him to tell the doc about his AS use. Could Post cycle conditions cause someone to appear hypoclycemic who really isn't?? I told him I thought they could, but am looking for a more educated opinion.

Dr.Evil is offline Retired Moderator
    not likely, but possible. is he on a very low calorie diet?

Bro
    Bro is offline New Member

Re: AS and Hypoclycemia

Originally posted by JP1570
    Could Post cycle conditions cause someone to appear hypoclycemic who really isn't??
    Exactly what do you mean by "post cycle conditions?" For hypoglycemia to occur something is stimulating insulin production (in a non-diabetic) to an excess of what the body needs. I havent heard of any evidence of gear causing hypoglycemia but who knows.

Diet may be a factor. A low, simple carbohydrate meal may casue it in some people by the simple carbs being broken down and converted to glucose thereby stimulating insulin (over) produciton by the pancreas. Once the energy from the simple carbs are quickly burned off leaving no more glucose for insulin to synthesize, it could result in hypoglycemia. The thing about it is the human body usually knows exactly how much insulin to produce so you dont get hypoclycemic.

gymnut4u is offline Member
    Hey bro I am hypo , and have had alot of test's done and have seen 3 doc's ,,, I have told them all about my past and future cycles , They all have told me that the only time it should mater is in the morning when you get up , it may cause the level to be low , due to the fact that , you havent eaten all night and the (as) are burning fuel like a mad man , if the levels are low mid day or at night , while you have been eating of and on all day then you are hypo ! Tell your bro to get some cheep strips from the drug store and check it 3 time's a day any time he feels tired ,cold,weak , if he has been eating all day and it is low then he is hypo , and all he has to do is eat some fruit , when he feel's this comeing on and trust me he will be able to tell after some time , it takes about 20 min after eating some fruit and he will be 100% again .
    just my 2c's , hope it helps him !

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    My friend is kind've dumb, he told me that and I told him to tell his doc. He supposedly (or so he says) called her up later that evening and told her about the eq and she said that that's what it must be. No he is not on a low carb or cal diet. He had taken six weeks of eq and stopped without taking clomid. He was feeling really tired so he went and doc told him he was hypo. Regardless, he should still be able to cycle anyway right, even if he is hypo?
    I'll make him read your post Gymnut. Thanks bro

Thread Information