Thread: Test year round

lzicc is offline Senior Member

Test year round

How many of you stay on test year round?

If you are older, is it less detrimental staying on year round than if you were young or the other way around?

righton is offline Senior Member
    Being one of the older ones(42) and cycling for 13+yrs, staying on year round is the only way i can feel normal. Having just come off a 14 mth cycle(various gear) i'll keep doing a weekly test shot! And having been on so long it acts like a male contaceptive(i already have 4 kids) so thats a welcome side effect. For younger ppl not being able to have kids(unless you incorporate some very aggressive PCT) might be a detering factor in long cycles. But for us older ones, feeling and looking good keeps me on all year!

cb25 is offline Banned
    for the older guys, HRT can be a reality with or without previous cycles...it's not such a terrible thing for them.

but for the young guys...why not have some natural test for as long as possible. personally, i don't want to have to do a weekly injection for the next 40+ years just to stay in decent shape. i'd rather play it safe now and protect my health and normal body functioning for as long as possible.

I am the same way. I am 40 and feel fantastic on test. Energetic and in very good moods. I look at it this way, at this age, I don't think my body is producing that much test to begin with, so getting shut down is not a big deal to me I would think.

CB25, I fell the same way about younger people.

I was going to look into HRT, but don't know if that is hard to get or not, or if insurance pays for it or not.

Righton, when you say that you will do a weekly test shot, how much are you doing?

Also, my last cycle, I ran pretty long and I would get sick fairly easy, like the flu, how do can you avoid that? I take vitamin c daily.
    Last edited by lzicc; 11-13-2005 at 06:16 PM.

righton is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lzicc
    I am the same way. I am 40 and feel fantastic on test. Energetic and in very good moods. I look at it this way, at this age, I don't think my body is producing that much test to begin with, so getting shut down is not a big deal to me I would think.

CB25, I fell the same way about younger people.

I was going to look into HRT, but don't know if that is hard to get or not, or if insurance pays for it or not.

Righton, when you say that you will do a weekly test shot, how much are you doing?

Also, my last cycle, I ran pretty long and I would get sick fairly easy, like the flu, how do can you avoid that? I take vitamin c daily.
    HRT is pretty easy to get down here(FL) for us middle age folk and insurance does cover it(depending on provider). My off cycle shot is 250mg/wk as maintenance and with my multi vitamin and supps, i rarely get sick!

BUYLONGTERM is offline Anabolic Member
    It's not just a lack of sperm count that we need to pay attention to. I was on Test for a year and a half (along with other things) and during that time I had high cholesterol. Towards the end, my cholesterol was 311!!!!!! I immediately came off in August, and It's now down to 172. Test is known to raise LDL!!!! Towards the end of my cycle, my LDL level was 263!!!! (They should be under a 100)! Now, being off Test for almost 4 months, my LDL is now 93!!!!

I guess what I'm saying is it's the hidden side effects most of us tend to forget.

You make a very good point. That is something I would not have thought of along with other things I am sure. I am going to get blood work done in the next couple of days and would like to know of anything else I should ask the doc to check for. How do you go about getting your test levels checked. I mean, what do you ask the doc?

Quote Originally Posted by BUYLONGTERM
    It's not just a lack of sperm count that we need to pay attention to. I was on Test for a year and a half (along with other things) and during that time I had high cholesterol. Towards the end, my cholesterol was 311!!!!!! I immediately came off in August, and It's now down to 172. Test is known to raise LDL!!!! Towards the end of my cycle, my LDL level was 263!!!! (They should be under a 100)! Now, being off Test for almost 4 months, my LDL is now 93!!!!

I guess what I'm saying is it's the hidden side effects most of us tend to forget.

Thread Information