Fat4Now is offline Junior Member

Cutting Cycle question

Ok, I think I have done my homework, but I would like to get the opinion from the bro's.

This would be my first cycle ever. I'm 33yo, 6-0, 248, 23%bf. I'm looking at doing one of the following cycles sometime down the road but not sure when. Money, contacts etc etc. Obviously I would like to trim a lot of bf during the cycle. If I have done all my homwork, then I think one of these three should be the ticket considering low side effects and it being my first time. I've been working out all my life off and on. 10 months ago I finally became serious abou it. At that time I was 275 w/ a bf of 31%. I'm fairly sure I have my diet, cardio and lifting dialed in. Of course there is always room for improvements and I am always tweaking it here and there.

Anyways, let me know what you think. If you need more info on me in order to provide more exact advise, don't hesitate to ask.

option one:
    Winstol depot/Equipoise stack for 8 weeks with clomid the last two weeks. Win=50mg every other day and Eq=300mg p/ week

option two:
    Winstol depot/Deca -Dura stack for 8 weeks w/ clomid last two
    Win=50mg every other day and Deca 400mg p/week

optoin three:
    Winstol depot/Primobolan Depot stack for 8 weeks w/ clomid last two.
    Win=50mg every other day and Primo 300mg p/week.

Thanks for any/all help

PS - I've also thought about not starting a cycle and just getting some Clenbuterol and keep doing what I'm doing. Seems to be working albeit slow as hell.
    Last edited by Fat4Now; 05-11-2002 at 09:23 PM.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member

Re: Cutting Cycle question

Originally posted by Fat4Now

PS - I've also thought about not starting a cycle and just getting some Clenbuterol and keep doing what I'm doing. Seems to be working albeit slow as hell.
    Thats my vote bro. Not what you wanted to hear but cutting is all about diet.

Your probably right Ron. Whats a good bf% to start a cycle? Also, which one of the three do you, or any of you, like out of the ones I listed? Or do they all blow?

samoth is offline Member
    Stick with the clen and ephedrine if your just looking to "trim a lot of body fat", as well as diet and cardio. You will see minimal effects from both of those cycles, especially with your BF%.

You guys are probably right. Just checking the options. Thx.

Iwan2bsolid2 is offline Senior Member
    Ron and Samoth are on the mark, get your body fat down with cardio, try clen /eca...I would wait till your at least 15% before starting a cycle. That is easily attainable with a strict diet and a cardio routine...in a fairly short time.

josh91 is offline New Member
    i agree with iwan on this. Bodyfat should be around 15-17%

saint808 is offline Associate Member
    i got down to 16% before i started mine... rotate clen , ECA and NYC every 2 weeks and you will be surprised.

Will do bro's. I let you know how it turns out. tx

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member

Re: Re: Cutting Cycle question

Originally posted by RON

Thats my vote bro. Not what you wanted to hear but cutting is all about diet.
    I agree

Ajax is offline Senior Member
    Damn, I wrote a long reply then the modem cut off as I hit Submit reply--I hate that! Let's see if I can reconstruct what I had said:

A cutting cycle, as it's strictly defined, is any cycle that is done on a calorie-restricted diet. A lot of BBers use steroids while on a cutting cycle for two reasons: one, to prevent muscle atrophy (muscle loss) while on a severely calorie restricted diet, and two, to bring out muscle hardness and definition (Fina and Winny are two steroids that do that well.)

The problem is, at 248 lbs and 23% body fat, even if you drop 20 lbs of fat, you will still be at 16% body fat, which won't really allow you to show that extra definition you gained very well. So the stacks you proposed are not goingto give you a good return on your investment.

So consider dieting first before you do a cutting stack. Like the guys said, you can't beat diet & cardio for fat loss!

Alternatively, you could do a bulking cycle to add more muscle which will lower your overall BF% if you don't overeat too agressively, then, since you have more lean body mass, dieting becomes easier. (Your increased LBM will help burn off more calories.)

Here's a section of a FAQ that I was working on that might have some useful info in it for you:

Q: What is bulking? What is cutting?

A: Bulking is eating an excess of calories, generally to add muscle. Cutting is eating a deficit of calories, generally to lose fat.

Q: Which steroids cause fat loss?

A: Steroids have no direct effect on fat loss. Adding muscle will lower your body fat level and make you look leaner, but steroids don’t burn fat, they build muscle.

Having more lean body mass means you will burn more calories per day, which might lead to fat loss. Having more muscle gives you a lot more motivation to lose fat and show off what you worked so hard to achieve!

ECA (Ephedrine, Caffeine and Aspirin), Clenbuterol (Clen ) and T3 (a thyroid hormone also know as Cytomel or liothyronine) are used to burn off fat.

Q: What is the best drug for losing fat?

A: You might not want to hear this, but the best way to lose fat is diet and cardio. (Cardio is slang for aerobic exercises like running, swimming, bike riding, step machine, etc.)

Diet and cardio are the foundation of any fat loss program. A good diet is not too strict; you want to reduce your caloric intake by 1000 calories a day--that will results in about one pound of fat loss a week. Doing cardio for 45 minutes a day 3-5 times a week will also burn calories and increase your body’s metabolism. Upping the amount of cardio will increase fat loss--but it may also increase muscle loss as well.

If you are on a good program of diet and cardio, you can then consider things like ECA, Clen and T3 to raise your metabolism and accelerate fat loss. Don’t even consider ECA, Clen and T3 until you have a good diet and cardio program that works. Unless those are working, the abovementioned drugs won’t do much of anything for you.

T3 is a synthetic version of the human thyroid hormone and should be used only with extreme care and under rigid dosing schedules. Many body builders won’t touch it due to the “rebound effect.” T3 shuts down normal thyroid functions and may keep them suppressed for a considerable amount of time after you quit taking it, thus causing you to become fat again once you stop. The longer you use T3 and the larger the doses, the worse the rebound effect becomes.

Don’t expect miracles. Losing 1-2 pounds of fat a week is about the best you can expect and 3 pounds a week is pushing it. Losing more than that is unhealthy and usually results in a rebound effect once the diet is over. (The rebound effect is where you add back the weight you lost--and sometimes more.)

Fat doesn’t grow overnight--so don’t expect to lose it overnight either.

Q: What are the differences between bulking and cutting stacks?

A: When creating a bulking stack, the steroids are selected for their mass building qualities. When creating a cutting stack, steroids are generally selected to bring out certain muscle features such as hardness and vasculalrity. Some basic “building block” steroids such as testosterone , Deca (nandrolone ) and EQ (boldenone ) are often used in both bulking and cutting stacks. Anadrol and Dianabol (dbol ) are generally used only in bulking stacks due to high water retention. Winny and Fina are know for creating a hard, defined muscle look and are often used in cutting stacks.

Cutting stacks often incorporate a reduced calorie diet, cardio and Clen, T3 and / or ECA to burn off fat. Steroids are primarily incorporated into a cutting stack not to add mass, but to prevent muscle atrophy, (Dieting not only burns fat but can burn muscle as well, steroids help reverse the muscle atrophy process.)
    Last edited by Ajax; 05-12-2002 at 01:06 PM.

Damn nice reply Ajax. Thank you for the advice and knowledge. Ive been dropping about 2-3 lbs a week for a while now so I guess I will just keep up w/ what I am doing, maybe add some Clen if I can find it, and then when I get down there a bit more, think about starting a cycle.

Again, thanks for the info. It was a refresher as well as new info.

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Ajax you have alot of information to offer, I read some of your posts and I think damn this brother has alot to offer. Thanks for sharing the knowledge. I see you're passing it on.

Your've help me with this post with new information, on my quest to shed that b/f, getting ready for my run with the devil. Got to get my diet a little tighter before I can do that.

Thanks Bro,

JohnnyB

Thread Information