Thread: is it just me?

operationgetbig is offline Senior Member

is it just me?

is it just me or do other people have a lotta trouble getting motivated when they lift by themselves. my friend had to work late tonite so i went to do chest and jus couldnt get into it at all. it's happened before to me. i jus cant get into it when im by myself. i left the gym after 20-25 minutes of crappy laxidazical lifting

FINAMAN is offline Banned
    No I agree I'm the same way. I just need someone to spot me motivate me and push me.I'm sure you and alot of other guys are the same way.

Smiley619 is offline Member
    some1 to train with is a luxury. i started out working out with a good friend, he became a personal trainer so we couldnt work out together anymore.after a couple of weeks of training by yourself you juss get use to it.but you do get waaay better work outs with a partner

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I've always w/o by myself, I hate having to depend on someone else. Training partners aren't always going to be there, so you need to be able to w/o alone

JohnnyB

system admin is offline Owner
    I just moved... and lost my workout partner that I had for a few years. SUX! My workouts are going ok, but not near the workout as usual.

bc

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    I've always w/o by myself, I hate having to depend on someone else. Training partners aren't always going to be there, so you need to be able to w/o alone

JohnnyB
    im with JohnnyB on this one! As long as there are hot chicks in the gym to check out, thats good enough motivation for me!!

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    My best friend/lifting partner is 4 letters.

I P O D

operationgetbig is offline Senior Member
    yeah i went to school a couple of years ago and had the best training partner then transfered and workouted by myself and jus had the shittiest workouts and lost a good amount of size and strength...this summer i've been lifting with a friend of mine and am staying home to go to community school and am having good workouts with him but he jus couldnt make it tonite...i never wanna go back to lifting by myself...some people can do it and some cant i guess

I get off on people watching me workout. Sorta like I'm an entertainer. I'm a big guy and I get that "he's a freak" look and it keeps me going. Hah, who ever wanted to be a freak? Have you considered listening to music? I don't, but just a thought.

GearAholic is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I have went through training partners like syringes... either they hardley show up or we can never agree on movements and they never show up on leg day!!

~GA

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    I've never had a workout partner, but sometimes I laze out of the gym.

Longlivekingarnold is offline New Member
    Im the other way around.... I CANT lift WITH apartner... they slow me down or i chat too much... i had a workout partner and had to drop hiim he talked to much

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB

JohnnyB
    I'll second that. Also, they never stick together for more than 2 weeks then they can't stand the pain. These are guys that have been lifting for 3-4 years too. One of my good buddies though is pretty strong and a good training partner, but he's going to college out of my state so we can't lift together till summer. He gets me motivated, but I always get the best workouts by myself. It's just an ego thing of having all those weights to myself. LOL

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    that happens sometimes. I think that if you feel that way and you can't seem to snap into it, you should skip the gym that day. I'd rather save my energy and make sure I feel good and strong before I workout than waste a workout giving half effort. You're body is probably telling you to take a day off. workout partners are great to have, though. they get you over that "hump" and allow you to pump out a few more reps that you can do on your own. That's motivating. I only get to work out with my partner every once and a blue moon these days.

newbierthri is offline New Member
    Wow, that Gearaholic post seems dead on. It all depends on what I'm doing. I have a gym in the basement and my partner always turns the tv on down there, it drives me crazy cuz when I'm benching, and this has happened more than once, the weight falls on my chest and I can't talk and he's zoned out watching tv. For me, when he doesn't show up i think to myself, alright, now today i can get some $hit done. If you're wondering why i keep that lifting partner it's because if it wasn't for me he'd be a fat peice of $hit and i think this world is already filled with too many of those.

oh yeah.............once the ephedra kicks in I am so wired I need to workout.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    ive never had a workout partner is my 6 years of lifting. i cant wait around for someone, i have my own pace and i like keeping it. i actually lift better alone because i dont spend time bullshitting around and yaking about crap. come to think about it i dont talk to anyone while im at the gym.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smak
    My best friend/lifting partner is 4 letters.

I P O D

Thread Information