Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member

Longer workouts while ON

Ok while ON i plan on extending my workouts from 1 hour..to 1 1/2-2 hours...do you guys think this is a good idea? I plan on sipping a protein carb mix throughout if decide to do it this way...lemme know your thoughts

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I don't like it, the idea is to recover not tear the muscles more, the more you brake them down the harder it'll be to repair those muscles. 45-60 minutes is plenty, remember you don't build muscle in the gym, you tear it down. The muscles built as it is repaired, so diet is very important, protein helps the repair process

JohnnyB

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    good point JohnnyB, more isnt always better, especially in this case. Stick to an hour max

ok guys thanks for the reassurance, i just figured since i was on, my body would repair muscles easier

chest6 is offline Banned
    ya..i dont see any reason to change up your routine

PaulieM. is offline Banned
    i wouldn't worry about the length of your workouts. if you feel like you can add an exercise or an extra set to some of your exercises-go for it. i like to add an exercise while on, but that may extend my workout 15 min. don't overdue it. quality always more important than quantity.

Pinnacle is offline AR-Hall of Famer ~ Cocky motherF*cker!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    I don't like it, the idea is to recover not tear the muscles more, the more you brake them down the harder it'll be to repair those muscles. 45-60 minutes is plenty, remember you don't build muscle in the gym, you tear it down. The muscles built as it is repaired, so diet is very important, protein helps the repair process

JohnnyB
    I agree with this,and I'll elaborate some.Just as diet is crucial,rest is as well.I prefer to train every other day.This gives my CNS time to regroup and use it's energy towards repair of tissue.If your CNS is in constant despair,you'll spiral towards over training and growth will cease.Don't think you can over train on anabolics?Oh yes you can!

~Pinnacle~

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member

JohnnyB

Tell that to guys like Jay Cutler who usually lift twice a day.....

Quote Originally Posted by chuck89gt5.0
    I lift twice a day..BUT every other day.You think Jay trains 5 days straight?

~Pinnacle~

Haro3 is offline Anabolic Member
    Jay = Pro, I dont understand why everyone brings the pro's "routines" into the forums. No one knows what the pros do except the pros, it's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by chuck89gt5.0
    Bro we're not talking about Jay or Ronnie, we are talking about the average Joe that has to work a job. Those guys take naps during the day, to help the recovery process, so they can w/o twice a day, they are professionals we're not.

JohnnyB

Quote Originally Posted by Haro3
    Jay = Pro, I dont understand why everyone brings the pro's "routines" into the forums. No one knows what the pros do except the pros, it's that simple.
    Amen

JohnnyB

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    I agree with this,and I'll elaborate some.Just as diet is crucial,rest is as well.I prefer to train every other day.This gives my CNS time to regroup and use it's energy towards repair of tissue.If your CNS is in constant despair,you'll spiral towards over training and growth will cease.Don't think you can over train on anabolics?Oh yes you can!

~Pinnacle~
    I train m/w/f once a day, I see more strength gains this way, t/th/s I do cardio for one hour, I do 10 minutes before and after training as well

JohnnyB

t/th/s I do cardio for one hour
    JohnnyB
    YEP..active recovery bro.Can't beat it!I do the same.

~Pinnacle~

Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle
    YEP..active recovery bro.Can't beat it!I do the same.

~Pinnacle~
    Is it cause we're old men

JohnnyB

Is it cause we're old men

JohnnyB
    Shhhhhhh..just don't tell anyone.

~Pinnacle~

Good to see others adhering to the M/W/F split. I do 30 minutes cardio T/Th/Sat. I"d say more people than not tend to overtrain.

Bro we're not talking about Jay or Ronnie, we are talking about the average Joe that has to work a job. Those guys take naps during the day, to help the recovery process, so they can w/o twice a day, they are professionals we're not.

JohnnyB
    i wish i could get paid to workout, eat and sleep all day!!

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    ya, stick to an hour, but always increase your intensity if you're able. During the time in which you're "on", many people are more motivated, making it easier to be intense.

joop is offline Junior Member
    Just to give another point of view, I have had success increasing volume, intensity and workout frequency whilst on. Having said that, whilst I am not on a cycle, I follow a pretty abbreviated routine. Whilst I am off, I train mon/wed/thur, whilst I'm on I train every second day. Whilst I am on I will do a few drop sets each workout, which I would never normally do, and a few extra normal sets also. This method has worked well for me in the past and I'll continue to use it in the future.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    So far I am liking the 3 days a week compared to the 5 times a week.. Im seeing better results...

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    I just started it week and half ago. The workouts are much more intense and tiring. Like it so far.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    keep us posted on the progress..

JohnnyB

Maybe i should have mentioned i'm unemployed? lol i pretty much sleep til whenever i want

bigtraps is offline Member
    While "on" it seems my workouts end up taking longer naturally. I have all this extra endurance I allways feel the need to do an exra set or two.
    I am sure it is possible I am over training.

Do what works for you.....

chuck89gt5.0 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Haro3

Yeah but what makes Jay a pro? Great genetics is a big one but also LOTS of juice. and thats what the title of this thread is about...STEROIDS .... I believe YES you can workout longer and harder to a certain degree while ON compared to being natural. Depending on what substances you are using your body can repair faster and process more protein than normal therefore to a certain point its pretty obvious that you can work out a bit harder/longer.....key word is a "little bit more" not double the amount.

Thread Information