Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tattoo70 is offline Associate Member

Eddie Guerrero cause of death

The autopsy reports showed his death was caused by heart failure.His heart was enlarged and the arterys were very small and narrow. His wife says his past and schedule probably played BIG roles in his death....RIP Eddie

karln is offline Associate Member
    i think thats bullshit tough....... U dont die from an enlarged heart. If you die from steroids its couse of "blood stop" or heart attack caused by "blood stop"(dunno the word in english).

Tattoo70 is offline Associate Member
    They said he died from heart disease not from the enlargment. Sorry. They even said there were no signs of trauma. He just went to sleep. Wasn't like he died a horrible choking death in alot of pain. Just went to sleep

edmen2 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by karln
    i think thats bullshit tough....... U dont die from an enlarged heart. If you die from steroids its couse of "blood stop" or heart attack caused by "blood stop"(dunno the word in english).
    shut up and research.
    Enlarged Heart

As the name suggests, enlarged heart is an increase in the size of the heart. It's detected by physical examination, X-ray or other imaging tests.
    An enlarged heart may be caused by a thickening of the heart muscle because of increased workload. (This increased workload can be due to heart valve disease or high blood pressure, for example.) This is called hypertrophy (hi-PER'tro-fe), which refers to enlargement of an organ or tissue due to an increase in cell size.

Left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) is the medical term for enlargement of the left ventricle. (The left ventricle is the heart's main pumping chamber.) Hypertrophy also occurs in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (hi"per-TRO'fik kar"de-o-mi-OP'ah-the). Enlarged heart may also be a dilation (expansion) of the heart due to damage that weakens the heart muscle. Examples include heart attack, congestive heart failure and dilated cardiomyopathy. (Cardiomyopathy is a serious disease in which the heart muscle becomes inflamed and doesn't work as well as it should. For more information, see the Cardiomyopathy entry in this guide.)

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by edmen2
    shut up and research.
    Enlarged Heart

As the name suggests, enlarged heart is an increase in the size of the heart. It's detected by physical examination, X-ray or other imaging tests.
    An enlarged heart may be caused by a thickening of the heart muscle because of increased workload. (This increased workload can be due to heart valve disease or high blood pressure, for example.) This is called hypertrophy (hi-PER'tro-fe), which refers to enlargement of an organ or tissue due to an increase in cell size.

Left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH) is the medical term for enlargement of the left ventricle. (The left ventricle is the heart's main pumping chamber.) Hypertrophy also occurs in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (hi"per-TRO'fik kar"de-o-mi-OP'ah-the). Enlarged heart may also be a dilation (expansion) of the heart due to damage that weakens the heart muscle. Examples include heart attack, congestive heart failure and dilated cardiomyopathy. (Cardiomyopathy is a serious disease in which the heart muscle becomes inflamed and doesn't work as well as it should. For more information, see the Cardiomyopathy entry in this guide.)

there are many professional athletes who have enlarged left ventricles including Lance Armstrong! There is lots of debate in the medical community about whether or not it is a good thing or not for athletes to have this. Some think it may be due to training causing the left ventricle to grow. I'd be more concerned if i had an enlarged left ventricle and i was a fat, lazy, out of shape slob.

Quote Originally Posted by longhorn814
    there are many professional athletes who have enlarged left ventricles including Lance Armstrong! There is lots of debate in the medical community about whether or not it is a good thing or not for athletes to have this. Some think it may be due to training causing the left ventricle to grow. I'd be more concerned if i had an enlarged left ventricle and i was a fat, lazy, out of shape slob.
    right now lance is the guinea pig his heart is supposedly twice the size of a normal man. we will see what happens once he slows way down. and remember the heart can get bigger but the vessels around it dont.

THE HEART GROWTH IS IN EVERY ATHLETE...... SO its not ocuse of that.... High blood pressure YES....

so with steriods the hearth will grow aswell?????????

Therocksbiggestfan is offline Associate Member
    Yeah I dont think it was the steorids, Eddie battled drug abuse and alcholismn most of his life. He was in rehab for cocaine, and pain killers, as well as booz 4 years ago, he also slipped up in the last 4 years as well. A lot of his injurie time missed was him going back and forth from rehab, I believe that on top of roids probably caused his death, regardless he was a great star, and will be missed...RIP Latino Heat

wow nice with alot of wrestling fans in here thats awesome i think i found my board

latino heat was awesome and i think roids were apart of his death but he aint roiding like we are he probably never off couse his above his natural maximum......

It was heart failure. It was from his past – the drinking and the drug abuse. They found signs of heart disease. She (the examiner) said that the blood vessels were very worn and narrow, and that just showed all the abuse from the scheduling of work and his past. And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that’s what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep.

jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member
    It was heart failure. It was from his past – the drinking and the drug abuse. They found signs of heart disease. She (the examiner) said that the blood vessels were very worn and narrow, and that just showed all the abuse from the scheduling of work and his past. And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that’s what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep.
    what the hell does that mean? he worked out hard , so therefore his heart grew and that caused heart failure? come on. i guess myself and alot of others on this board are on our way to a deep sleep death. do some research. anyway i saw eddie about a month ago on t.v. he looked real bloated in the face. there is no doubt in my mind he used aas. whether or not that played a role in his death will probably never be known. but what is known is that aas can lead to high bp which in turn can lead to heart disease.

vegasdon is offline Junior Member
    just remember the man --------------- aas or greasy ass wendy burgers . it doesn't really matter we all take risks , and we keep going , healthy debates rule..spectulations curse us ..... RIP. Eddie-----------

jdh i think its combination of working out hard/steroids + the drugs combined that ****ed it up for him

ultimate_beef is offline Associate Member
    Whats funny is that, as soon as he was dead, alot of ppl were saying roids. SO what happens is that, on a anabolic forum like this, ppl start getting scared. They start asking themselves, "i'm taking roids now, whats going to happen to my future"....i just think ppl got to relax. I know this really doesnt have to do with anything, but you have to admit I'm right. People start getting scared about their own lives.

TripleH is offline Junior Member
    RIP Eddie, he was a great wrestler.

Juicy Sauce is offline Member
    Im wondering if accidently injecting into a vein creating a block at the heart could have caused the heart to fail? not saying thats what he did that night b4 bed. just wondering if that COULD be the cause. im no expert tho.

RIP Eddie

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Do you have any proof that anyone has died from steroids ?

HBO did a special on roids and the reporter couldn't find any evidence of anyone dying from gear. He even talked to Lyle Alzado's(sp) Doc and he said Lyle's tumor use genetic, his mom died from the same thing. So the poster boy for how steroid and HGH kill people, his own Doc said they didn't kill him

This reporter was a former SI writer that promoted the idea that, steroid killed people, but when he did this investigation, he couldn't find any evidence of this, he has now changed his tune about steroids. He actually said they are safe when used by adult males. They are dangerous to teens (this includes young 20's) and women, but in mature males they are safe.

JohnnyB

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate_beef
    Whats funny is that, as soon as he was dead, alot of ppl were saying roids. SO what happens is that, on a anabolic forum like this, ppl start getting scared. They start asking themselves, "i'm taking roids now, whats going to happen to my future"....i just think ppl got to relax. I know this really doesnt have to do with anything, but you have to admit I'm right. People start getting scared about their own lives.
    Amen, people die every day, if they're on gear or not. Death is a fact of life, we'll get there one day, there's no way around it, some get there sooner then others.

JohnnyB

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tattoo70
    They said he died from heart disease not from the enlargment. Sorry. They even said there were no signs of trauma. He just went to sleep. Wasn't like he died a horrible choking death in alot of pain. Just went to sleep
    so he fell asleep while brushing his teeth?

BOBBY D is offline Member
    I loved eddie. a great & sad loss in the business. alot of recent wrestlers who died used aas, & most of them were heart related. but alot of ppl dont realize that alot of these wrestlers abuse coke big time & alcohol. its a shame

Quote Originally Posted by BOBBY D
    I loved eddie. a great & sad loss in the business. alot of recent wrestlers who died used aas, & most of them were heart related. but alot of ppl dont realize that alot of these wrestlers abuse coke big time & alcohol. its a shame
    Being on the raod as much as they are and if there's anytype of drug abuse, it doesn't make for a healthy life style

JohnnyB

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB
    Do you have any proof that anyone has died from steroids ?

HBO did a special on roids and the reporter couldn't find any evidence of anyone dying from gear. He even talked to Lyle Alzado's(sp) Doc and he said Lyle's tumor use genetic, his mom died from the same thing. So the poster boy for how steroid and HGH kill people, his own Doc said they didn't kill him

This reporter was a former SI writer that promoted the idea that, steroid killed people, but when he did this investigation, he couldn't find any evidence of this, he has now changed his tune about steroids. He actually said they are safe when used by adult males. They are dangerous to teens (this includes young 20's) and women, but in mature males they are safe.

JohnnyB
    I saw that documentary its great. But the fact is that high blood pressure can couse heart failure so can bad blood values.... and what does steroid give u right high blood pressure and bad blood values and that guys died in heart failure many times and used steroids..... u can put 1 + 1 together

coke and alcohol doesnt exactly help that mather..... and the guys in the documentary dont use above 500 mg test probably....

Seattle Junk is offline Anabolic Member
    Eddie was a hard core party machine who lived in excess. He died from continous self destruction over the years. I've seen this first hand a few times with people I knew. They think they're indestructable and they keep doing coke, various drugs and pain killer, alcohol and a lot of roids. They all die early. Both of the dudes I knew where in their early 40's when they died a few years ago. Everybody brings up roids as the cause of death and that's bullshit. These dudes screwed their hearts up with coke, x, alcohol. IMO, roids were not the cause of death, no matter how much they did.
    Last edited by Seattle Junk; 11-16-2005 at 02:41 PM.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    Steroid use has been linked to cardiac hypertrophy, to worsening of the lipid profile (which is a major risk factor for atherosclerosis -the narrowing and weakining of arteries), so to say in short : IMO steroids may have played a part on his death. This doesnt mean that I dont think that steroids can be used safely..

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    Eddie was a hard core party machine who lived in excess. He died from continous self destruction over the years. I've seen this first hand a few times with people I knew. They think they're indestructable and they keep doing coke, various drugs and pain killer, alcohol and a lot of roids. They all day early. Both of the dudes I knew where in their early 40's when they died a few years ago.
    what did u see? eddie aprty?

what did u see? eddie aprty?
    I watched a couple eulogy deals on TV and read info on the net. Who knows how much is true but it widely known that he was a man of excess with partying.

IndianGodMan is offline Junior Member
    It is a shame... I am shocked this is the first I ahve heard of this. I have watched wrestling since I was a young kid, And I have literally seen eddie break his back for that buisness. Whatever the cause of deeath He was truly a great in this sport.
    R.I.P. Eddie... we'll miss you.

Jray1der is offline Associate Member
    This is all too simple. Just think about everything we do. Roids, alcohol, perhaps there are some drug users in this forum, unhealthy diets, so on and so forth. Our bodies were engineered to perform naturally, easy as that. And another part of the natural lifestyle is that in the foods we eat, high cholestorol, animal fats, tons of sugar, just to name a few will be the death to many of us. So with just natural foods alone being a killer, what would would persuade you to think that a.s.s., which is synthetically engineered to make your body perform and be enhanced beyond its own natural capabilites, wont lead to potential death? I have atherosclerosis(shrinking and clogging of the arteries). Now, I eat correctly everyday since I have been diagnosed with this about 6 months ago. But the problem is still there and I am at risk since a.s.s. elevates my blood pressure pretty high. So in my case, its like stepping on a water hose and turning on the valve. A little water may come thru, but there is alot of back pressure building up. The same thing goes for the heart. So with drugs, roids, alcohol, poor eating habits, maybe and I am saying maybe, Eddie's death was related to roid use in some capacity. A 38 year old man isnt really a natural testostorone fortress anymore, so I am definitely sure he was on full force. So in all, lets keep things in proper perspective here, the man died living his life the way he saw it out to be. Fully aware of risk, he ventured on. Just like we do. I think we all worry about what if? The proof is in many threads on this forum alone. You see threads like, Why is my heart beating so fast? or How would this affect me healthwise if I took this amount? And many more. These results will continue to vary from individual to another, but the common thing we must all recognize is we are pushing our lives further than any average person who steps foot into a gym by what we do. And I must admit the beneifts are great when you get the results you seek, but I am expecting to see some adverse shit in the future in my health and I am willing to deal with it. Thats what we all have to do.

Take care guys and get cholestorol checks from your doc to see where you are and keep it as regular as possible. Strokes and heart attacks may not kill you the first time, but it could hurt a life time.

Much Love fellas,
    Jray
    Last edited by Jray1der; 11-16-2005 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jray1der
    This is all too simple. Just think about everything we do. Roids, alcohol, perhaps there are some drug users in this forum, unhealthy diets, so on and so forth. Our bodies were engineered to perform naturally, easy as that. And another part of the natural lifestyle is that in the foods we eat, high cholestorol, animal fats, tons of sugar, just to name a few will be the death to many of us. So with just natural foods alone being a killer, what would would persuade you to think that a.s.s., which is synthetically engineered to make your body perform and be enhanced beyond its own natural capabilites, wont lead to potential death? I have atherosclerosis(shrinking and clogging of the arteries). Now, I eat correctly everyday since I have been diagnosed with this about 6 months ago. But the problem is still there and I am at risk since a.s.s. elevates my blood pressure pretty high. So in my case, its like stepping on a water hose and turning on the valve. A little water may come thru, but there is alot of back pressure building up. The same thing goes for the heart. So with drugs, roids, alcohol, poor eating habits, maybe and I am saying maybe, Eddie's death was related to roid use in some capacity. A 38 year old man isnt really a natural testostorone fortress anymore, so I am definitely sure he was on full force. So in all, lets keep things in proper perspective here, the man died living his life the way he saw it out to be. Fully aware of risk, he ventured on. Just like we do. I think we all worry about what if? The proof is in many threads on this forum alone. You see threads like, Why is my heart beating so fast? or How would this affect me healthwise if I took this amount? And many more. These results will continue to vary from individual to another, but the common thing we must all recognize is we are pushing our lives further than any average person who steps foot into a gym by what we do. And I must admit the beneifts are great when you get the results you seek, but I am expecting to see some adverse shit in the future in my health and I am willing to deal with it. Thats what we all have to do.

Take care guys and get cholestorol checks from your doc to see where you are and keep it as regular as possible. Strokes and heart attakcs may not kill you the first time, but it could hurt a life time.

Much Love fellas,
    Jray
    I agree with you to a point. Most advcanced caridovascular problems are more hereditary than diet related. My father has high cholesterol and so do I. I've corrected my total cholestrol from 244 down to 202 and still dropping. All while on AAS. My program is Omega3, niacin at 1500mgs, B complex, C, E, healthy diet and 5 days of cardio each week. Nothing unusual and no statin drugs. People take these statins cause they're too weak to change their diet or lifestyle to lower their LDLs.

Thanks for the your view. But in turn, with every right thing some may do to correct things, there is one thing they do wrong to counteract the progress. example: I eat all healthy foods, workout, take my medicines, but then I fire up a cigarette, which lowers HDL's which in turn lessens the retrieval of LDL's from your blood, causing subsequent blockage over time. It sucks, but it is what it is I suppose, but again good point. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Junk
    I agree with you to a point. Most advcanced caridovascular problems are more hereditary than diet related. My father has high cholesterol and so do I. I've corrected my total cholestrol from 244 down to 202 and still dropping. All while on AAS. My program is Omega3, niacin at 1500mgs, B complex, C, E, healthy diet and 5 days of cardio each week. Nothing unusual and no statin drugs. People take these statins cause they're too weak to change their diet or lifestyle to lower their LDLs.

Quote Originally Posted by stupidhippo
    Steroid use has been linked to cardiac hypertrophy, to worsening of the lipid profile (which is a major risk factor for atherosclerosis -the narrowing and weakining of arteries), so to say in short : IMO steroids may have played a part on his death. This doesnt mean that I dont think that steroids can be used safely..
    so is mcdonalds and burger king but i dont see them getting banned!

Quote Originally Posted by ultimate_beef
    people arent getting scared because they are wondering what is going to happen to them. we get scared and hope they dont say it is gear because that makes it that much harder on us that know steroids themselves have never killed anyone.

stupidhippo is offline Anabolic Member
    so is mcdonalds and burger king but i dont see them getting banned!
    Yup u r right in a way but I do think steroid use requires more responsibleness than eating hamburgers...

I believe that one thing can truly affect another. Meaning that steroid use may not possibly be the only way a persons life is in jeopardy. Other things may have to contribute to the demise of a person. Example: bullet+gun+trigger+finger+squeeze= shot fired! All those elements had to take place, right? IT is the same thing in health. For some people, roids can accelerate their demise considerably. I know people want to defend steroids and thats fine, but all things considered, awareness should still be excercised at all costs. If you feel some irregularities, seek help, their could be some adverse affects that you can catch before it gets too late. Things like that.
    people arent getting scared because they are wondering what is going to happen to them. we get scared and hope they dont say it is gear because that makes it that much harder on us that know steroids themselves have never killed anyone.

Jray1der ur totally right

we have basically hijacked the eddie guerrero issue but since we are talkin about harmful substances why is gear banned and the #1 killer isnt. cigarettes!

jdh
    jdh is offline Associate Member
    in all honesty i wonder why so many drugs are illegal in the first place. its your body, do with it as you please and except the concequences that may follow.

Lavinco is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jdh
    in all honesty i wonder why so many drugs are illegal in the first place. its your body, do with it as you please and except the concequences that may follow.
    the problem with that is the concequences can oftin affect more than just the user when you're de a l i ng with rec drugs.
    Last edited by Lavinco; 11-16-2005 at 09:18 PM.

SEBASTOP is offline Associate Member

Question

Do you mean a BLOOD CLOT? Like coagulated blood that clogs an artery?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information