growboy is offline Associate Member

Question Cardio During Cycle?

I'm 5 Weeks Into my first cycle of 500 of sust, and 400 of deca (and yes I have PCT ploaned out) The problem is I just recieved a call to do a job physical in 4 weeks wich requires a mile and a half run in under 12 minutes. This is usually no problem but I've put on 8 lbs so far and havenbt done any cardio because i was told by my friend not to on this cycle because it could mess with the heart. Could I do a 12 min full out run 3 times a week to train without a problem? (Cecked my BP EOD and it's fine)

LuckyDragon is offline Junior Member
    Sure 12 minutes won't be a problem, but you won't be sprinting at 100% for 12 minutes. You can do sprint training, 6-10 sets of 100m sprints 2-3x a week+clean diet and you will get in real good shape. Just make sure to give yourself a minute or two of jogging/walking between each sprint.

Ejuicer is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by growboy
    I'm 5 Weeks Into my first cycle of 500 of sust, and 400 of deca (and yes I have PCT ploaned out) The problem is I just recieved a call to do a job physical in 4 weeks wich requires a mile and a half run in under 12 minutes. This is usually no problem but I've put on 8 lbs so far and havenbt done any cardio because i was told by my friend not to on this cycle because it could mess with the heart. Could I do a 12 min full out run 3 times a week to train without a problem? (Cecked my BP EOD and it's fine)
    Your friend is incorrect. You should definitly do cardio on a regular basis, especially while on cycle since gear has a negative impact on your cardiovascular system. Regardless of whether on or off I would recommend cardio 2-3x per week for 20min. Just make sure you keep your calories high and dont go overboard with with the cardio, or yes, it will have a negative impact on your gains.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ejuicer
    Your friend is incorrect. You should definitly do cardio on a regular basis, especially while on cycle since gear has a negative impact on your cardiovascular system. Regardless of whether on or off I would recommend cardio 2-3x per week for 20min. Just make sure you keep your calories high and dont go overboard with with the cardio, or yes, it will have a negative impact on your gains.
    Roger that. If anything, you should continue to make time for cardio to keep your heart in check. I always do cardio about twice/wk for 20-30 minutes while cycling.

Smak is offline AR's Midget Beater
    Quote Originally Posted by Igifuno
    Roger that. If anything, you should continue to make time for cardio to keep your heart in check. I always do cardio about twice/wk for 20-30 minutes while cycling.
    Ditto except I do a incline fast walk at 45 min because it takes around 20 minutes before you reach your target heart rate so you can start burning fat more efficiently.

And for the record, sprints are just going to make you a better sprinter. Simulate in training what you have to do on the test ( a 12 min 1 1/2 mile run). Do maybe every other run at that pace and the ones in between go longer but easier to build endurance base. Or every third one do it hard, you get the idea...............

devil1 is offline Jacked Jarhead
    ive gained to much weight recently, now they have me doing nothing but cardio(military) i wish i could just say "IM IN THE MIDDLE OF A CYCLE" YOU KNOW. :LOL: ive already noticed a drop in weight

Thread Information