Redrock20 is offline Junior Member

Steroids & Injury

Is it true that steroids will help an injured muscle heal faster? I know that steroids can sooth your joints but do they help a wounded (torn for instance) muscle heal faster? Thanks for any input.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    not that I know of.

peace,

ttgb

tranzit is offline Senior Member
    decca is known as "the fountin of youth" becouse it seems to help with joint pain.
    As far as steroids helping injurys. The answer is yes.. steroids allow more protien to become avalible for muscle repair. Steroids also help recovery time.

Quote Originally Posted by tranzit
    decca is known as "the fountin of youth" becouse it seems to help with joint pain.
    As far as steroids helping injurys. The answer is yes.. steroids allow more protien to become avalible for muscle repair. Steroids also help recovery time.
    that's a little misleading there bro. Can you back that up?

peace,

ttgb

Redrock20 is offline Junior Member
    Anyone else know anything about this?

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    "allow more protien to become avalible for muscle repair." ? please elaborate, because i'm not understanding this. steroids do not heal injuries, trust me.

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    deca doesnt heal joint problems, it just temporarily hides the pain, which is NOT a good thing. You think youre joints are healed when theyre really not and you end up hurting yourself

longhorn814 is offline Anabolic Member
    I agree steroids do NOT heal injuries

PaulieM. is offline Banned
    i'm not sure what the books say or what doctors say, but here's my experience. when i was 17 i was runnin a lot of gear and was gainin strength too fast. i was on tren , cyp, eq, deca , and a bunch of ug stuff. my bench went from from 385 to 405 in a matter of 2 weeks when i started the tren and about 2 weeks later(i could do 405x3 at this point) i was warming up w/ my football team for a heavy bench day and while going to triple 385 i hurt my right pec on negative portion of the first rep. i was devastated(i had a weight meet in 1 month) i went to physical therapy and they said no workin out. so i kept juicin and workin around it. at first i couldn't do a push up. at the end of the month i got about 2 moderately light chest workouts in. and at the meet(1week later) i hit 410 weighin 250. i definately don't think i would have got my strength back that fast without the drugs.

muscles break down and tear.. protein intake rebuilds tears.. when your muscles are allowed to recive more protein you in turn heal faster. Enter steroids .
    back it up? played 6 years of pro baseball, used it many times to heal. I also work in a field where i deal with alot of meds and injured people.
    And i never said decca healed joints i said it aided in pain. were not talking about aiding the pain of some dumb ass who is taking too much sauce and pushing too much weight.. to mask his pain and cause further damage.
    we are talking to ease joint pain of somone who was injured and wants relief

muscles break down and tear.. protein intake rebuilds tears.. when your muscles are allowed to recive more protein you in turn heal faster. Enter steroids .
    back it up? played 6 years of pro baseball, used it many times to heal. I also work in a field where i deal with alot of meds and injured people.
    And i never said decca healed joints i said it aided in pain. were not talking about aiding the pain of some dumb ass who is taking too much sauce and pushing too much weight.. to mask his pain and cause further damage.
    we are talking to ease joint pain of somone who was injured and wants relief
    The problem is you are giving advice and not backing up with clarification. Not a good way of doing it. Pro baseball player or not, you are giving hazardous advice. Backing something up is by giving 2 sides to a story and having some kind of clinical background to reinforce the statements.

BTW...did you do deca by itself? And, are you stating that protein intake is what rebuilds tears? Hell, if that's all there is to it then sign me up. Scary.

peace,

ttgb

Since Deca also stores more water in the connective tissues, it can temporarily cease or even cure existing pain in joints. This is especially good for those athletes who complain about pain in the shoulder, elbow, and knee; they can often enjoy pain-free workouts during treatment with Deca-Durabolin . <<Cut and paste. Too tired to type now.

Guys...if you have a torn muscle, like the question asked, steroids would not be wise to use as part of the physical therapy recooperation process. Plain and simple.

Is deca nice on the joints, etc....sure. But not the point of this discussion.

A torn muscle would involve a doctor, physical therapy, etc. Self treating a torn muscle, or self medicating beyond a doctor's instructions would only be stupid.

Just my 2 cents.

Lots of crazy, half-assed advice being given way too freely around here.

peace,

ttgb

Torn muscle = REST
    There are 1st, 2nd and 3rd degree tears. Milder tears need rest. The more severe ones need surgery.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC BIG MIKE
    Torn muscle = REST

EXACTLY!!!! Very good advice.

peace,

ttgb

Find information in any book or from any doctor that will advocate the use of steroids of any kind. It will be few and far between. As far as getting into my background. Im not going to do that.. i dont need to do that. If you tear a muscle and you are doing your PT, and everything else you are saposed to do. I HAVE used a number of steroids to speed recovery. I have used it for quad tears, lat tears, and other small tears and problems in my biceps and shoulders. As far as your accusation of half asses information. Just becouse you have 3 million posts dosent mean you are yoda. I have used this method more then once and it has worked for me every time.
    I am not saying tear a muscle one day and then go home and take a G of test. I would asume that anyone with half a brain would read between the lines and already understand that you need to do this in conjunction with the other things you were told to do by the doctor and PT.

Why does everyone always want to get into a pissing contest.
    Why can you not dissagree and state your case without trying to make me look like im an idiot. Ill put my resume on the table with anyone about this subject.

junit37 is offline Junior Member
    Just my 2 cents. I agree with the others that steroids are not good advice for anyone with a muscle tear or pull. Granted if you pull a muscle and need to do a specific event in a short time after, steroids might allow you to "strengthen" the pulled muscle enough to get by. There is a distinct difference between strengthening and repairing. I know from experience that whenever I have pulled a muscle during a cycle I was able to do much more shortly after than i would have otherwise but the muscle, post-cycle, took alot longer to heal because I was still working it while it was trying to heal. To the baseball player: your excessive muscle injuries may be due to your AAS use. I have played pro football for the past 4 years and 4 years of college and have only pulled my hamstring twice, neither serious. I'm sure playing defensive back I do alot more running than you have ever done in 6 years of baseball. I'm not trying to put you on blast at all I'm just saying that there is big difference between a strong muscle and a healthy conditioned muscle.

Find information in any book or from any doctor that will advocate the use of steroids of any kind. It will be few and far between. As far as getting into my background. Im not going to do that.. i dont need to do that. If you tear a muscle and you are doing your PT, and everything else you are saposed to do. I HAVE used a number of steroids to speed recovery. I have used it for quad tears, lat tears, and other small tears and problems in my biceps and shoulders. As far as your accusation of half asses information. Just becouse you have 3 million posts dosent mean you are yoda. I have used this method more then once and it has worked for me every time.
    I am not saying tear a muscle one day and then go home and take a G of test. I would asume that anyone with half a brain would read between the lines and already understand that you need to do this in conjunction with the other things you were told to do by the doctor and PT.

Why does everyone always want to get into a pissing contest.
    Why can you not dissagree and state your case without trying to make me look like im an idiot. Ill put my resume on the table with anyone about this subject.

Now that is backing up what advice you are giving with specific information. Educating someone on what your experiences are and giving examples of where not to use it is fair and balanced. That is all I was saying you needed to do.

The first time though, you just said protien bulds muscle, hence steroids fix muscles. Not a good way of answering the guy's questions.

peace,

ttgb

Quote Originally Posted by junit37
    Just my 2 cents. I agree with the others that steroids are not good advice for anyone with a muscle tear or pull. Granted if you pull a muscle and need to do a specific event in a short time after, steroids might allow you to "strengthen" the pulled muscle enough to get by. There is a distinct difference between strengthening and repairing. I know from experience that whenever I have pulled a muscle during a cycle I was able to do much more shortly after than i would have otherwise but the muscle, post-cycle, took alot longer to heal because I was still working it while it was trying to heal. To the baseball player: your excessive muscle injuries may be due to your AAS use. I have played pro football for the past 4 years and 4 years of college and have only pulled my hamstring twice, neither serious. I'm sure playing defensive back I do alot more running than you have ever done in 6 years of baseball. I'm not trying to put you on blast at all I'm just saying that there is big difference between a strong muscle and a healthy conditioned muscle.

I think you would be suprised how much pro/college baseball players do run. In college we practiced 6-7 days a week my day went like this. Wake up 4:30 am get rdy and head to the weight room at school, workout from 6-730 weights, cardio ect, 8-1 class 1:30 go back to gym get into running gear, run 3 1/2 miles up and down hill. 2:30 be at the field. do plyo's and everything else. run wind sprints till your about to puke, clean up and drag the field put all the gear away, tarp the field, ohh did i mention the pole to poles you ran when you either had nothing to do or you screwed up. 6:30-7pm time to go home.. get home 7:30 eat dinner try do homework get to sleep 11-12 get up and do it again. this is from september till june. then you start again for the summer team you play for. Football is hard on the body no doubt. And the 2- 3 a day practices will whoop your ass. but they play 16-22 games a year. we play 140-200 a year now if you would have said basketball those guys run...
    and you are right there is a diffrence between strong muscle and healthy muscle. But you are twisting what i am saying. I will use this as an example.
    Say your muscles are normal no chemicals ect.. they can process and inlet only so much protien lets compair the inlet to a garden hose. Now enter AAS.
    This would be more like a fire hose as compaired to the garden hose. So you get more protien to the muscle the muscle repairs itself faster. again i am not saying get hurt then go pop yourself in the asscheek with 1g of test and keep going as if nothing happend. You have to let the muscle heal. this means resting. eating sleeping light streching and eventualy rehab.

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    Lets not forget that Steroids were used extensively in WW2 after we dropped the A bomb on Heroshima. We (USA) sent hugh mission operatives to Japan to help civilians who suffered from the blast. Steroids were used extensively to help burn and bomb victims who lost more than just muscle (limbs, muscle tissue, organs,etc). So...if you want evidence that steroids heal and repair tissue....do a little history search on why Steroids were used and developed in the first place.

I'm with tranzit on this one!

Cheers!

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    yes and no. really the best thing is rest, physical therapy, ice (say, for a torn muscle). Steroids , and in particular, deca , will help mask the pain to work out, but they won't FIX anything. That's one reason why i decided to run deca this cycle (yes, w/test) b/c my bad shoulder. i never expected the deca to heal it, but it does help onthe workouts.

Timm1704 is offline Anabolic Member
    im going to agree with tranzits statements here, as that is what i have learned from afew years of basic research on the matter. if a muscle is torn extensively, then, i believe that along with therapy, massage, a good, clean, high protein diet, steroids can play a beneficial part in recuperation

Testostack is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by longhorn814
    I agree steroids do NOT heal injuries
    Deca / GH can help strengthen you joint/cartilage but not healing injuries.......never heard of it though....

lwgy is offline Junior Member
    from what ive heard it goes something this:

Test: good for muscle repair, bad for tendons
    Deca : good for muscle repair, good for tendons
    Anavar : good for muscle repair, good for tendons
    HGH: good for muscle repair, good for tendons.
    EQ: good for muscle repair, good for tendons.

if you want cites, look it up on pubmed, but dont ask me to do research for you.

guest589745 is offline 2/3 Deca 1/3 Test
    [QUOTE=lwgy]from what ive heard it goes something this:

Test: good for muscle repair, bad for tendons
    Deca : good for muscle repair, good for tendons
    Anavar : good for muscle repair, good for tendons
    HGH: good for muscle repair, good for tendons.
    EQ: good for muscle repair, good for tendons.
    [QUOTE]

Thread Information