hotstang46 is offline Junior Member

why did i get bruises?

i've always injected my pecs and love it.....last time i injected I got a dark bruise that was the size of a quarter and very dark, can still partially see it and it's been a week...the next day my other pec followed suit, just not as bad. I can't really be having this happen and am not even sure why it did. I'm only injecting fina into em, done this hundreds of times...Anyone know why this would happen and if i can do anything to prevent it in the future?

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    I recently experienced the same thing. I was ending my cycle with test prop and wanted to try a pec injection. The only other thing I had injected in my pec up to now was IGF and HCG and they were slin pins. I put 1CC of prop in and noticed a lot of blood came out of the injection site. I think I hit a vein(I did aspirate ). I developed a nice dark bruise that can still be seen more then a week afterwards.

In my case I think the cause was hitting a vein. I got nothing when aspirating so I must have just went through it.

are you guys rotating inject sites? could be some scar tissue build up. it would explain the dark bruising. it coudl be from a variety of things like moving the needle around to much while in your pec. Maybe injecting to fast also. Let me know about your injection process and what you do....
    -Wild

bazerk is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcatbadass
    are you guys rotating inject sites? could be some scar tissue build up. it would explain the dark bruising. it coudl be from a variety of things like moving the needle around to much while in your pec. Maybe injecting to fast also. Let me know about your injection process and what you do....
    -Wild
    This is absolutly right on. If I don't rotate my insulin injections I build up scar tissue and when I inject in those sites I bruise. Ugly bruises too. I inject on average around 5 times a day, so I rotate all over my body to avoid this.

CGB,
    try the Z-trap method while injecting to prevent that from happening again.
    -Wild

I'm on a fina/prop cycle, so I utilize plenty of sights, bi's, thigh's, pecs, glutes, etc....

cgb, funny how you said the blood, That same thing happened to me as well.

and GREAT......after i posted, i shot my glute last night, bled when pulled out(nothing when aspirated) and now I have a very dark quarter sized bruise...

WHAT the heck can i do....could this really be scar tissue? I mean, I'm in a position where people will see all these bruises minus the glutes...I can't have this...Please advise.

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    occasionally I'll bruise after an injection. Nothing to worry about it happens sometimes. I can't really see any of my scar tissue, but I can feel it when trying to pass the pin through it. I don't think there is really anything you can do with bruises except let them heal on their own. you could always tell people you went paintballing

try rubbing injection site with an ice cube to numb everything. The cold might help future bruising. Just make sure you whip off the water and still use ur alchy pad to clean.
    -wild

Bossman is offline Bossman - AR Monitor
    Quote Originally Posted by hotstang46
    I'm on a fina/prop cycle, so I utilize plenty of sights, bi's, thigh's, pecs, glutes, etc....

cgb, funny how you said the blood, That same thing happened to me as well.

and GREAT......after i posted, i shot my glute last night, bled when pulled out(nothing when aspirated) and now I have a very dark quarter sized bruise...

WHAT the heck can i do....could this really be scar tissue? I mean, I'm in a position where people will see all these bruises minus the glutes...I can't have this...Please advise.
    One thing I've been doing lately is examining the injection site to avoid veins. Now that my summer tan has faded I can see the veins close to the surface after I wipe with alcohol. I can't see deep veins but missing the ones close to the surface is a step in the right direction.

I've also shot in the glutes and had blood running down after pulling the pin. Obviously hit a vein.

For me the problem is not scar tissue but merely hitting a vein.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Scar tissue won't necessarily bruise... the area just gets hard and a bit sensitive.

If you get a bruise it is blood getting caught under your skin - which means you hit something to produce the blood... like a vein. It could have happened while you were pushing the gear in, or while you were pulling the pin out I guess...

Scar tissue doesnt bruise. But the tissue itself is of dark color and can often be associated as a bruise. If someone wants an example I can take a picture of my recent surgery and they can see the similarity. It looks red. Now i dont think it'll ever get like black and blue though haha. Also, you would have to be sticking yourself in the same spot over and over again to see such a thing.

topvega is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Scar tissue won't necessarily bruise... the area just gets hard and a bit sensitive.

If you get a bruise it is blood getting caught under your skin - which means you hit something to produce the blood... like a vein. It could have happened while you were pushing the gear in, or while you were pulling the pin out I guess...

exactly... that's what a bruise is. a collection of blood under the skin. no big deal as long as u r aspirating...

latimer99 is offline New Member
    make sure you are putting the needle in far enough. this happens often to people that do pec injects, and i think its because they are afraid of putting the needle in to far.

Quote Originally Posted by latimer99
    make sure you are putting the needle in far enough. this happens often to people that do pec injects, and i think its because they are afraid of putting the needle in to far.

I go about an inch in, think that's probably correct.....

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by hotstang46
    I go about an inch in, think that's probably correct.....
    Well... you need to get the right size pin so you go in the entire length of it. If you put it in partially - then you will invetitibly push it in more while administering the gear... which can lead to puncturing a vein... ya dig? The length of the pin you need depends on the muscle you are using for the site...

Thread Information