Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member

Question cutting out cardio

I'm thinking about cutting cardio out for the remainder (3 months) of my cycle, to minimize muscle lost? do you think this is a good idea or should i maybe keep it low to 1-2 times a week??

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Its up to you man. Cardio is always a good idea IMO even if you are bulking. But that being said I cut cardio out for the last couple weeks because even eating 6000+ cals a day i was losing weight, because my metabolism has increased so much. So if you just wanna bulk and you are not affraid ofgainign a lil fat then go for it. I remember watching Ripped to Shreds with Cutler and he said after his competition he wasnt gonna do cardio for at least 3 months cuz he would be bulking.

-Bino

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Cardio doesn't lead to muscle loss provided one knows how to eat correctly the other 23+ hours of the day.

Remember the heart...........the MOST important muscle of all. You MUST train that too.

~SC~

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    i would do some form of cardio at least once a week. as mentioned, your heart is a muscle too, keep it healthy JMO

Jray1der is offline Associate Member
    Man Bro, you are so telling the truth! I ran yesterday for the first time in a while and my heart was acting like We've never ran before. Gotta do cardio, always
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat
    Cardio doesn't lead to muscle loss provided one knows how to eat correctly the other 23+ hours of the day.

Remember the heart...........the MOST important muscle of all. You MUST train that too.

~SC~

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

~SC~
    Isn't there also a correct way to do cardio to help with this Swole? I mean I think that running hard for an hour is probably going to go catabolic on no matter what, right? I would think you would be served well by continuing cardio, but not trying to kick you ass for long periods of time. 30-40 min of med pace cardio shouldn't cause you losses if you eat properly IMO.

Flex2winny is offline Associate Member
    curious too.....while bulking, 30-40 minutes of stationary bike while reading the best of the anabolic review forums stickys?

Nah, seriously.....stationary bike?

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I wouldnt cut it out completely, may slow your metabolism down which will slow your gains.JMO

zomzom is offline Associate Member
    when i was doing cardio in past, it was like 10-15-20-25 or 30minutes no more and most of time was my warm-up before the abs at the end of a training. Now Bulking i do not run since a few months.

Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member
    Yea i'll probably keep it to 1 time a week for 45 mins at a brisk walk on an incline..i know some may say its a mental thing and some may say you don't feel/see the effects of test until weeks 3 or 4 but ,y first injection was wed. and my second was sunday and today i am up to 234 lbs, i've been fluctuating between 224-228 for almost 2 months now, even when i upped my cals..so thats a 6 lb increase and i still look hard and cut in the mirror...man if i could put on 15 quality lbs during this cycle i'll be tippin the scale around 245!! damn thats awesome, and to think 4 years ago i was a puny 165...lookin back at some old pictures today..i was a pencil neck back the day..

tawweiliu is offline Associate Member
    I would run for at least 3 times a week (15 min just for the hart)

Once you stop running it's hard to get back in to it!!!

Thread Information