Thread: I got boo, boo

dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member

I got boo, boo

well I dislocated my shoulder AGAIN today, ****!!!
    And what I was wondering, is besides glucosamine is there any other things I can take to help heal this up? and is there any spesific exercises I can do? I think I will be out of the gym for a while on this one but is there any thing steroids or other that will help? and no, I wont use deca , deca dont like me.
    I know this might be the wrong forum but it is kinda drug related and we do get lots of traffic here.
    thanks bros.

Hard Head is offline Member
    My Orthopedist told me after I dislocated my shoulder the second time, that if I did it again that it would either require corrective surgury or that it could pop out at any time it was stressed.

Cortisone shot and a slap on the ass was all I got. Oh, he then told me no shoulder stress for 10 weeks minimum. Sorry.

dive_kid is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hard Head
    My Orthopedist told me after I dislocated my shoulder the second time, that if I did it again that it would either require corrective surgury or that it could pop out at any time it was stressed.

Cortisone shot and a slap on the ass was all I got. Oh, he then told me no shoulder stress for 10 weeks minimum. Sorry.
    bummer....considering this is probaly the 10th time
    I know about the surgery but that would require about 6 months off work.
    and I just cant afford it.
    quess Im kinda screwed

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    rotator cuff excercises may help. ask your doc about em......
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

THEjuiceISloose73 is offline Associate Member
    ya my dad had the same problem and he wouldnt get surgery now when he plays baseball if he has to catch a fylball he prays his arm doesnt pop out i have seen it go a few times just from lifting it in the air and then he hits the ground u need lots of time off or it gets worse and worse and worse and easier to pop out i know i wouldnt wanna be doing bench and have it go

Quote Originally Posted by dive_kid
    quess Im kinda screwed
    Yep.

Rotator cuff strengthining will help, some. My shoulder still hurts and I popped it the first and second time over 10 years ago.

Work on your legs & abs.

Baller9 is offline Associate Member
    If you don't want to go through surgery (I've had two and wouldn't want to do it either) stay up on the cuff excercises like a mad man and really focus on stability excercises. You need to keep all the muscles surrounding the humeral head strong and balanced. For stability, try going into a push up position and while keeping in the plank position as much as possible push up your scapula. You can do this with bands as well. In that form, it will be more of a punch. Try push ups on balls, wobble boards etc. The point is that you need to prepare your shoulder for unexpected movement so that it does not just pop out. Your success in avoiding surgery will be directly related to your dedication to your rehab and your activity level. PM me if you have any more specific questions regarding shoulders. Good luck!

Oh yea, make sure you stay away from any pushes overhead, military etc. Those are no bueno.

Right, I forgot to mention that the doc told me specifically "no weight over your head". Strengthen the cuff, do both sides.

Hope you make a speedy recovery.

magic32 is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Supplements:
    Chondroitin greatly augments the effect of Glucosamine. MSM is also quite good. Few products combine the three, but G & C are often together, then you can add MSM.

PT:
    You find an array of exercises online, or actually go to your Doc for a good physical therapist.

Surgery:
    If this is the second time in a short span and you'd consider surgery, I'd get it examined to see if surgery would fix it.

M.

Thread Information