Roid Rage is offline Member

Should I And When Should I Get Blood Work Done?

I been off my cycle for just over a week... It was a small cycle which consisted of...

85mg of test prop ed
    200mg of EQ monday and friday
    4 weeks of M1T in there

it was a 12 week cycle...

Anyhow i was wondering if its necessary to get blood work done with a small cycle like that... if so when should i get it done?

And i assume its ok to tell my doctor i did some AAS?

Thanks boys

RR

bigtraps is offline Member
    It might be worth it for you just to have a peice of mind. I would wait until after PCT - that way you can find out if your natural test is back to norm. You will have to ask the Dr. to test for testostrone lebels. In normal blood work they don't check for such things.
    Yes - tell your Dr. you have used AAS. It is better that you do IMO.

Did you like the results of your cycle?

Quote Originally Posted by bigtraps
    Did you like the results of your cycle?
    Yeah i did... i thought they were great results... i'm 6'1 200 lbs now benching 315 lbs for 1 rep, squatting 405 lbs easy, and deadlifting 405 lbs 2 times.

I put on CLEAN size thats for sure, i put on about 25 lbs with the cycle and a diet... and i dont look bulky its was very clean results, which is what i wanted. I still have my nice 6 pack, even better now! my chest is forming very nicely my back is thick and my legs are just nasty.

I have some pictures i had posted before... not sure in what thread they were in but i was satisfied!

Thanks

RR
    (Now i'm having stretch marks problem! well i did before but even worse now ... any suggestions? Vitamin E? and coco butter or something i heard?)
    Last edited by Roid Rage; 11-22-2005 at 07:50 PM.

P.S. i'm going for a 495 squat tomorrow ... i had 405 lbs nicely... wish me luck!

Definately after pct. Tell your doc. He'll know what variables to look for. Are you going to an endocrinologist or a family practitioner?

Quote Originally Posted by NYC BIG MIKE
    Definately after pct. Tell your doc. He'll know what variables to look for. Are you going to an endocrinologist or a family practitioner?
    My family doctor... however i remember the last time i had blood work done they send me to a lab in the basement... and they do it... my doctor herself doesn't do the lab work...

Why whats up mike?

Nothings up. Almost all doctors send their blood work out to done. It's just that you want to be sure that all the pertinent information is gained from the test. A family practitioner may or may not know. An endocrinologist would know for sure.

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    I would not tell my doctor unless you want it on your medical record. Personally I do it online, it is much more discrete and you get your results back fast.

shortie is offline AR Biggerologist
    No point in getting tested until 2-3 weeks past pct though, why get lab tests that prove your hormones are all over the place?

I dont see the big deal having it on your medical record... are you talking about for things such as future health reports? health checks for insurance? are you saying these are implications in the future that might come out of having my doctor write it down that used AAS?

Because that is a pretty serious issue if thats what you are talking about... I wouldnt' want that to be on my file if its going to kick me in the ass down the road...

Quote Originally Posted by shortie
    No point in getting tested until 2-3 weeks past pct though, why get lab tests that prove your hormones are all over the place?
    dude that is why i was asking... anyhow...

Yes, insurance companies and law enforcement can look at your medical records from what I understand. Wouldn't be wise to admit to using recreational drugs of any sort. There is no need to explain yourself, just ask for a bloodtest with the appropriate things you want checked, there should be no questions asked. You are the customer, your doctor works for you. If they have a problem, go to another doctor. Simple.

BD

BigLittleTim is offline Senior Member
    It will go into your permanent record: ie, you have had your hormone levels, liver enzymes, etc. checked.

No REASON for the tests needs to be recorded, but future insurers DO look at your past medical records when considering whether or not they should insure you, and if you're getting your shite tested every six months it MAY raise some red flags in their computer.

Had an echo-cardiogram once, just to see if I had any enlargement of the heart, and a year later I got a co-payment due notice that listed the echo-cardiogram and the reason for it: "PAST DRUG USE: UNSPECIFIED" !!!

How's that for a permanent record, officer!

-BigLittletim

Well this was my first cycle... so how the hell do you guys manage then? I mean my cycle was light for some of you that are more into it, how doyou get your blood work done? Do you just tell the doctor what you want checked and thats it? Then they give you the results?

How doyou guys do it because obviously if you want to do things right you need to get your blood work done...

What should i be asking my doctor to check for when i get my blood work done?

test levels?
    colestoral?
    estrogen?

I've never had to do this before so if someone could enlighten me about what i need to get checked and the best way to go about it would be great fellas...

Cheers

RR

Oh by the way i cleanead 495 squats nicely twice... well the first rep was thought the 2nd one was much cleaner...

Just though'd i'd give an update!

RR

Still need advice on if i shoudl tell my doctor or not... and what exactly i need to tell them to check...

Thanks

RR

leansauce is offline Associate Member
    i went to doc for bloodwork like 10 days after pct still havnt got it back yet will have it after thanksgiving, but the doc wanted to feel my nuts hella bad so i just let her and almost got a half lumpy on when she was stroking and rubbing for like 5 minutes! they also gave me an echo cardiogram the reason i gave her for why i wanted one was chest aches that i had been having and fatigue, thats all u gotta say for that
    and for the tests i never said i used aas even tho it was probably rather obvious i just said it had been like two years since i had even got my blood pressure checked so i wanted to make sure everything was cool wit my body

leansauce is offline Associate Member
    o and she talked me into gettin std checked too and gave me like 200 condoms so now im well stocked

Quote Originally Posted by Roid Rage

Still need advice on if i shoudl tell my doctor or not... and what exactly i need to tell them to check...

Thanks

RR
    We just gave you advice why not too. Are you waiting on someone to tell you it is ok. Well then, go tell them and see what happens. It won't be confidential I'll tell you that much.

operationgetbig is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IBdmfkr
    I would not tell my doctor unless you want it on your medical record. Personally I do it online, it is much more discrete and you get your results back fast.
    how do u get a blood test online?

We just gave you advice why not too. Are you waiting on someone to tell you it is ok. Well then, go tell them and see what happens. It won't be confidential I'll tell you that much.
    Do not know when you are getting all worked up... if you reread what i said... i've yet to find out what i should be specifically checking for... Ok i come to grips with NOT TELLING my doctor... however when i get tested... I dont just say hey i need a blood work done... I need to tell them what i specifically want checked, and i've yet to find that out.
    Last edited by Roid Rage; 11-25-2005 at 04:44 PM.

Do not know when you are getting all worked up... if you reread what i said... i've yet to find out what i should be specifically checking for... Ok i come to grips with NOT TELLING my doctor... however when i get tested... I dont just say hey i need a blood work done... I need to tell them what i specifically want checked, and i've yet to find that out.
    Get a Mens comprehensive test w/Free and Total test levels. I wasn't worked up, might have misread your post, hope that helps. directlabs.com is where I get mine done online, No doctor visit required for under 300$.

Thanks

RR
    I'm not sure I misread it, but I understand now what you wanted to know.

I'm not sure I misread it, but I understand now what you wanted to know.
    Sorry bud didn't mean to sound like a bitch... i had a very bad day... my car just shit out on me inthe middle of a 4 lane highway... and at a time money is tight!... go figure..

Thread Information