Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Xy1on is offline New Member

Gear delivery question. Please help.

I am having a small order of gear delivered to a house for sale down the street... There is a for sale sign in the yard and the house is empty. I have checked the mail box, and there is no junk mail being deliverd. The gear should arrive about 7 to 21 days from now from overseas... Do you guys think the mail man will deliver the package? Should I gank the for sale sign? Any advice would be helpfull...

Bump.

Bump. Bump.

Please help me out!

RUballs0514 is offline Associate Member
    are you afraid of rents findin out or what?

Timetraviler is offline Junior Member
    people have for sale signs in front of there house and still live there. However if the people contacted the post master. Well then they know not to send the mail there. It might even go to were the old residensts live now ....Just my thoughts take them as you will

Quote Originally Posted by Timetraviler
    people have for sale signs in front of there house and still live there. However if the people contacted the post master. Well then they know not to send the mail there. It might even go to were the old residensts live now ....Just my thoughts take them as you will
    didn't think of that at first. they could have had their mail forwarded. uh oh.

macgyver_48 is offline Associate Member
    i wouldn't go that route. send it to your house or get a box if you're that worried.

Monsoon says is offline Associate Member
    you better go sit outside and wait for that mailman everyday.

alluprbdy is offline Associate Member
    why wouldnt you just send it to ur house or a Po box?

my guess is that he's afraid of his rents finding it. but they shouldnt be goin through his mail anyways. how old are you anyways Xy1on

Its too late now, the gear is in the air... I did realize after the fact that the previous residents might have had their mail forwarded... How many people actually do that thru the post office tho? Dont most people just contact their bank, electric company etc. and give them the change of address? Lets just say they didnt... you dont think i should gank the for sale sign just for the hell of it?

Oh... I just thought of somthing... If Jon Doe used to live there and had his mail forwarded, wouldnt only mail addressed to Jon Doe be forwarded? (Wishfull thinking)

Im 25 and paranoid as hell... I didnt get a PO box cuz you need to give them an id to get one, and they got cameras!

i think they keep some sort of record of the homeowner's name at the post office. this is just my guess from the notes on the envelopes during a name change from marriage.

I get mail addressed to my land lord all the time... so what do you think bros? Do I have a good chance of delivery?

alluprbdy is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xy1on
    Im 25 and paranoid as hell... I didnt get a PO box cuz you need to give them an id to get one, and they got cameras!
    U do realize that even if you did get a controlled delivery at ur house as long as you didnt order something like 20+ bottles you'd be able to pass it off as personal use real easy and would just have to pay some fines. Now ur probably not going to get any gear. And did u send it in ur name?

No I didnt use my real name...

CARNIVORE is offline Associate Member
    Not to smart bro, live and learn. Take your time and you will find what you need. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by CARNIVORE
    Not to smart bro, live and learn. Take your time and you will find what you need. Good luck

Yeah, I may have been TOO cautious... It was only one vial of some test e and some pins... Ill let yall know if i get it.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Who's name is on the pack? If it's your name you have a good chance that the PM will deliever it to your house. If it's a fake name or that person's that lived there your pretty much f u c k e d.

lol you could always submit a change of address form in the name of the person on the pack from the "for sale" house to your addy. they get so many of those they might notice your shadiness.

Lozgod is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by macgyver_48
    lol you could always submit a change of address form in the name of the person on the pack from the "for sale" house to your addy. they get so many of those they might notice your shadiness.
    What's funny is the previous owner probaly did that, so they will be getting a package of steroids to their new address as a house warming gift.

Ask questions like this (in private) before you order not after.

Aboot is offline Banned
    Oh... I just thought of somthing... If Jon Doe used to live there and had his mail forwarded, wouldnt only mail addressed to Jon Doe be forwarded? (Wishfull thinking)

Yes, only the mail addressed to the person who makes the request that his/her mail be forwarded will be forwarded. Not all the mail to that house. That wouldn't make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lozgod
    What's funny is the previous owner probaly did that, so they will be getting a package of steroids to their new address as a house warming gift.

Ask questions like this (in private) before you order not after.

But the name on the package is not the previous owners name... Couldnt the name on the package be the "new owner" of the house? Someone please give me the benifit of the doubt so I can at least have SOME hope

And should I steal the for sale sign??

Someone please give me the benifit of the doubt so I can at least have SOME hope
    They may deliver it to you.

one bottle of test? let it go bro, it ain't worth freedom. live and learn.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by macgyver_48
    one bottle of test? let it go bro, it ain't worth freedom. live and learn.
    what are you taliking about? what he did was clever, and a dummy address is one of the classic ways to recieve overseas gear.

" it ain't worth freedom."

thats why he did it. this is much safer than a home delivery or PO box.

if they forwarded all mail, how would the new residents recieve their mail? have you ever needed to "check in " with the post office when you moved into a new plac en order to recieve mail? of course not. the stuff adressed to the old residents is forwarded, anything else goes where it is sent.

the problem is if he used his own name (or a fake one). some postal workers know the names their route, and will deliver to the "correct" person, even if the numerical address is slightly off.

another problem - sometimes they won't deliver without someone to revieve the probuct, especially international. what do you do? they will leave a notice for the fictional person. you don't have ID for fictional person. there is a small section on back of notice that allows recipient to sign and authorize another person for pick up. authorize yourself. some danger, but much safer than risking controlled delivery with search warrant.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Rep
    what he did was clever
    He sent illegal contraband to a house that is empty and ISN'T EVEN RECIEVING JUNK MAIL! You call that genius?

timeismoney is offline Associate Member
    It would make no sense to take the for sale sign. They have them on a lot of houses, even when people still live there.

CARNIVORE is offline Associate Member
    Hey bro if you are caught in the mailbox you are screwed w/or with out the gear. Federal crime bro.

1Leader is offline Associate Member
    Bro you are a wild man,send it to a friends house , or like mine I wasnt home so they held at office and I went and picked it up.Dont mess with vacant houses IMO
    Yeah the gear will go to the new address the owners have.
    Last edited by 1Leader; 03-23-2005 at 10:28 AM.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    He sent illegal contraband to a house that is empty and ISN'T EVEN RECIEVING JUNK MAIL! You call that genius?
    lozgod, by the time they make the delivery, they've either opened your package and decided to make a contrled delivery, or they haven't.

if they make a controlled delivery, they're not doing it to his house.

lozgod, you're respected for your know how in more than one field, and we've talked b4 under different names. what do you recomend as the safest mmeans of delivery? PM me if u do't want it on the open board.

lozgod, you're respected for your know how in more than one field, and we've talked b4 under different names. what do you recomend as the safest mmeans of delivery? PM me if u do't want it on the open board.
    Sorry, I have what I belive to be a fool proof method. The only way to keep it full proof is to keep it secret.

legobricks is offline Retired AR Monitor
    i agree with lozgod, i also have a foolproof method.......MAN I FEEL GOOD!!!!!!!!

Here's a hint. It arrives 1100 miles from me.

ChemDietMIC is offline Junior Member
    Well from experiance. If it was sent to a house with no one in it....it will be forwarded to the new address if the old residence gave the post office a forwarding address. If it has your name on it then the old residence might ship it to you, thats if the know you......i would open it if i got it randomly.

MMA
    MMA is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemDietMIC
    Well from experiance. If it was sent to a house with no one in it....it will be forwarded to the new address if the old residence gave the post office a forwarding address. If it has your name on it then the old residence might ship it to you, thats if the know you......i would open it if i got it randomly.
    i'm a little unfamiliar with this, but how does the postman know if someone has moved in or not? i've moved several times, and i've never needed to make any kind of special "postal notification" to start getting my mail. stuff addressed to me went to me. stuff addressed to the people who had requested "mail forwarding" went to them. can someone with definite knowledge coment on this.

i'm a little unfamiliar with this, but how does the postman know if someone has moved in or not? i've moved several times, and i've never needed to make any kind of special "postal notification" to start getting my mail. stuff addressed to me went to me. stuff addressed to the people who had requested "mail forwarding" went to them. can someone with definite knowledge coment on this.
    Ill be sure to repost if I receive the gear.

yikes!! is offline Associate Member
    ......haha............that was ingenious

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information