Bigpup101 is offline Senior Member

Exclamation injection problem plz help

Hey guys i did my third injection in my quad yesterday and there is a little discoloration around the site, like a red ring almost..is this ok??

i should add that i burried the needle almost all the way..1 1/2" but i aspirated and everything was fine

testosterona is offline Anabolic Member
    you will be fine. just wait it out a few days. assuming everything was sterile, you have a 99.9% chance your just fine. i have noticed with the last few winny shots, some discoloration around the site.....red in color and it gets kinda hot. it subsides in a day or two

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Is it bruising? What size pin did you use? Is there a line leading away from the site? Is the site warm? How do you feel right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Is it bruising? What size pin did you use? Is there a line leading away from the site? Is the site warm? How do you feel right now?

it was a 23" gauge 1 1/2" pin there is no line just a little red ring around it, it's not warm and its no more sore then my delts were the day after..i feel fine but i'm just a lil paranoid..trying to do everything right

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpup101
    it was a 23" gauge 1 1/2" pin there is no line just a little red ring around it, it's not warm and its no more sore then my delts were the day after..i feel fine but i'm just a lil paranoid..trying to do everything right
    Did the site bleed pretty bad after pulling out the pin?

You'll be fine. If the site gets warm and you start running a high temperature - then there should be some concern of an infection.

But 1 1/2 is a bit large for Quads (depending on your size though) - but nice for Glutes. General rule of thumb would be a 1" pin for quads. Also, make sure you don't pull on the pin while it is... you should be able to let go of it and it will be suspended in the air at the same angle you are using to push the plunger...

Try it right after a hot shower (cleans the skin and makes it a little more elastic) and you use alcohol to clean the area before and after...

hey thanks warrior, yea it bled a little after i pulled the pin out, i have pretty big quads..and yea i did it after a shower, and i use alchohol on the injection site and the top of the vial before i stick the pin in

Testostack is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by testosterona
    you will be fine. just wait it out a few days. assuming everything was sterile, you have a 99.9% chance your just fine. i have noticed with the last few winny shots, some discoloration around the site.....red in color and it gets kinda hot. it subsides in a day or two
    Hey been a long time, what's up?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpup101
    hey thanks warrior, yea it bled a little after i pulled the pin out
    Thats good to hear, especially since you didn't get nautious or light headed. More than likely what you see his blood caught in the epidermous... no biggy... you must have knicked something on your way out or while injecting (make sure the pin is all the way seated before pushing on the plunger)... it happens - especially with Quads... they are a nice an easy muscle to do but can have a few obstacles in them at times... they were my favorite awhile back - now I am partial to good ol' glutes and biceps/triceps...

Thread Information